autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Introducing the Lincoln Motor Company

Quote Originally Posted by killrwheels@autogeek View Post
    I would likely prefer to see Lincoln left out to pasture and concentrate on just Ford. Very few manufacturers have successfully run multi platforms with truly unique and different models.
    Honda/Acura
    Nissan/Infiniti
    Toyota/Lexus
    VW/Audi/Bently

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flannigan View Post
    Honda/Acura
    Nissan/Infiniti
    Toyota/Lexus
    VW/Audi/Bently

Acura currently has a terrible lineup and isn't as popular as they once were. Maybe it's because most of the styling got worse and for the same amount of money you can get a bmw or lexus.
    Infiniti was on the verge of being canned until the G35 came out and basically saved them. The rest of their lineup excluding the G is extremely weak imho.

Post Thanks / Like

Whenever I think of Lincoln, I start to fall asle.....zzzzzzzzzzz

I will take this with a 2.2-liter twin-turbo Skyactiv Diesel and a 6 speed please....173 hp at 4500 rpm, 310 lb-ft at 2000 rpm

2018 Kia Stinger GT AWD - Hi Chroma Red - 3.3TT
    Borla S-Type Cat-back Exhaust - ADD W1 Oil Catch Can - Tork Motorsports Intakes - BMS Pedal Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by derek0609 View Post
    Whenever I think of Lincoln, I start to fall asle.....zzzzzzzzzzz

I will take this with a 2.2-liter twin-turbo Skyactiv Diesel and a 6 speed please....173 hp at 4500 rpm, 310 lb-ft at 2000 rpm

I know the Skyactiv engines were/are gas. Is a diesel something new with them? It must be by the specs you're quoting. Impressive numbers!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by richy View Post
    I know the Skyactiv engines were/are gas. Is a diesel something new with them? It must be by the specs you're quoting. Impressive numbers!
    No diesel is not new to Mazda, however it is new to US market. They just recently started producing diesel engines and they seem very promissing on the sheet. 2.2 L twin turbo great numbers, aluminum block and components wtih 14:1 compression, starts like a gas engine (no warming up in cold) and not noisy like conventional engines. Mazda claims its as smooth as a rotary, which if you ever drove or owned you know when you drive a rotary you feel like your flying not driving.

If new 6 comes diesel, 6 speed manual and AWD I will get one hands down. The car looks sexy as heck too.

Now back on subject. When i hear lincon i think of an old mans car, a brand that claims to be luxury, but does not come even close to foreighn luxy brands such as Audi, bmw, infiniti, lexus and so on. IMO their styling approch is too extreme to my liking and I would never drive a fancy toaster. New Fords on the other hand are very nice!
    2012 Crystal Black Pearl Acura TL
    2013 Pearl White Nissan Altima

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by richy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lean69 View Post
    No diesel is not new to Mazda, however it is new to US market. They just recently started producing diesel engines and they seem very promissing on the sheet. 2.2 L twin turbo great numbers, aluminum block and components wtih 14:1 compression, starts like a gas engine (no warming up in cold) and not noisy like conventional engines. Mazda claims its as smooth as a rotary, which if you ever drove or owned you know when you drive a rotary you feel like your flying not driving.

If new 6 comes diesel, 6 speed manual and AWD I will get one hands down. The car looks sexy as heck too.
    Yep, it's new here to the US, they offer it already in the CX-5 overseas. It won't be an option in the car till the second half of 2013 though. I don't think they are offering AWD but that doesn't matter to me, even being in Michigan!

Quote Originally Posted by Lean69 View Post
    Now back on subject. When i hear lincon i think of an old mans car, a brand that claims to be luxury, but does not come even close to foreighn luxy brands such as Audi, bmw, infiniti, lexus and so on. IMO their styling approch is too extreme to my liking and I would never drive a fancy toaster. New Fords on the other hand are very nice!
    I couldn't agree more, old man car and I am 41 years old! Lincoln not only doesn't come close to the foreign lux brands but I think Buick maybe starting to pull away from it! I'll take the new Cadillac ATS all day long against the new MKZ.

I can't stand the new design, especially from this view....butt ugly!
    2018 Kia Stinger GT AWD - Hi Chroma Red - 3.3TT
    Borla S-Type Cat-back Exhaust - ADD W1 Oil Catch Can - Tork Motorsports Intakes - BMS Pedal Tuner

Super Member Driven Auto Detail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by inyadreems View Post
    The new 300 has received some really good reviews from the industry and consumers. I drove a 12 300 srt8 and loved it.

That is the beauty of leasing...

There's nothing beautiful about leasing. It's the most expensive way to operate a vehicle, period. But, that's another topic for another thread.
    Mike Shumaker | Driven Auto Detail
    Authorized Opti-Coat Pro Installer

Serving Central Indiana & Beyond!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Driven Auto Detail View Post
    There's nothing beautiful about leasing. It's the most expensive way to operate a vehicle, period. But, that's another topic for another thread.
    When your friend owns 10 dealerships, it's a beautiful thing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Driven Auto Detail View Post
    It can go both ways. Personally I get sick of cars after 2-3 years, so if I would finance and keep the car for that long I would lose much more $$$ then leasing.

Quote Originally Posted by derek0609 View Post
    Yep, it's new here to the US, they offer it already in the CX-5 overseas. It won't be an option in the car till the second half of 2013 though. I don't think they are offering AWD but that doesn't matter to me, even being in Michigan!
    over 300 tq is too much for a FWD car, hello wheel hop. Also prefer the cornering grip of a AWD car, or maybe I just miss my mazdaspeed 6 :/

Quote Originally Posted by inyadreems View Post
    When your friend owns 10 dealerships, it's a beautiful thing.
    Must be nice!
    2012 Crystal Black Pearl Acura TL
    2013 Pearl White Nissan Altima

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Charleston View Post
    I currently drive a ford.

I hear they will try and compete with the S class....not going to happen!
    Yea competing with German engineering and quality is not something I think Lincoln can do

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast