autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Bodyshop tried to screw me over!!!

I know I'm new but I need to rant. I'm pissed to high heaven right now and could use some advice, or just some people to listen. I had some damage on my hood that looks like this After speaking to a detailer and seeing some feedback from Mike on here I opted to have the hood repainted. Brief history of me; I have been in the military 10 years and started out painting planes only to find out that I am allergic to epoxy so I can't paint.

So I take it to the this shop to have it re-sprayed because the guy said he would do it for $200 and provide a lifetime warranty on the work with OEM paint. So I think sweet. Take it down, drop it off for two days. Go to pick it up, and it looks pretty much exactly the same. Guy tries to tell me that there is a defect in the metal and that the only way to fix it is to change the hood. From looking at it I can tell no paint work was done. My assumption is that the guy wet sanded (there was white residue all over it) enough to get the scratches to go away, only they came back. He claims that he sanded all the way down, re-sprayed and re-cleared it in an hour and half before I got there. There is no freaking way!! He then claimed he had an "extra" hood that just so happens was the exact same as mine (2006 BMW) and offered to "give it to me" and spray it to make it right. What pissed me off even more than that was that now I have scratches all over both fenders that were not there before. A couple of which are deep enough to hang your fingernail on!! He said, "Oh my belt buckle must have rubbed it when I was painting, they are superficial and should buff out"!! Why the hell would you be leaning over a car painting with your flippin belt buckle!!! Needless to say I didn't pay a dime and left there pronto. Part of me wants to take it back to make him fix everything, and part of me wants to stay three states away. I'm so pissed right now. Other than the clear on the hood my car was flawless with only swirl marks needing to be removed. What do you guys think I should do?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bodyshop tried to screw me over!!!

Your link to the photo is broken..
    Ok fixed it...
    Mercedes C230 Sport edition

Post Thanks / Like

I caught it right after I posted.

Post Thanks / Like

I should also mention that I hosed it off and you can clearly see that the center section of the hood where the defects were has no wax, while the outer edges of the hood still bead up from the wax that was on it. I can't stand shady ass people, and this guy came highly recommended and his shop has had really good reviews.

Post Thanks / Like

just curious..Is the name of your body shop called "Joes bar and grill" ?

Mercedes C230 Sport edition

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Man That sucks, i would be really teed off if it were me.

Post Thanks / Like

It might as well have been. At least then I could have had some beer while he was screwing me.

Post Thanks / Like

I would stay FAR away from that shop. (I can't stand it.... What was the name of the shop?) If he is that irresponsible, he will just make matters worse. You don't want someone like that working on your car. BTW. The defective metal comment was BS too. But you already knew that.
    -Mike
    You down with OCD? Yeah, you know me!

Post Thanks / Like
    This guy was a douche nozzle. I knew he was blowing smoke but I just wanted to see how he would try and sell it. So I asked "what about a skim coat of bondo?" His reply " no it's a factor defect it will show through that". Apparently I had stupid on my forehead today!!

Post Thanks / Like
    And the name for those asking was J&J Autowerks in Hawaii. Douche nozzel.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast