autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone affected by hurricane sandy

i am located in midland beach, staten island right off the beach. luckily me and my family left in time as our entire house was submerged under water which was 14 ft high. I lost my mustang that i have only owned for three months as well as all my detailing supplies and my pc. my entire house needs to be renovated as i already started to remove the sheetrock and insallation. after im done building im going to have to start a new autogeek collection of items one thing on top of my list is a rotary buffer such as dewalt or makita. anyone else affected by the hurricane.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Anyone affected by hurricane sandy

it was very hard to go back home and see everything destroyed many people died and couldnt make it out. most of my neighbors are moving as their houses are beyond repair.i guess i have alot of work on my hands in the coming months.

Post Thanks / Like

Stuff can be replaced, lives can't. Stay strong brother.
    'Cause there's just something women like about a pickup man.
    Rich

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for all your troubles and I hope you can pick up the pieces and get back to normalcy sooner rather than later... Tough going there....

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

Damage and time without power at my home in Floral Park was minimal compared to what you have gone through. I wish you the best of luck. Maybe Autogeek can send a care package of detailing supplies to help you get back to normal.

Post Thanks / Like

thats terrible. I'm on long island. (Farmingdale). was out of power & heat for 7 days. but who cares, you lost your house. so sorry man.

I have some old product I don't use, random free samples, some stuff from my albert kemperle sales guy. When you're back on your feet if you wanna take a ride out my way, shoot me a pm. I'll give you some goodies towards rebuilding your collection.

sorry about your mustang
    Mr. Sparkle Detailing Inc. - Owner / Operator
    http://www.mrsparkledetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

I am in Bellmore and STILL feel a little guilty that my family is back to normal (save fuel) and over 100K others are not.

Stay safe brother. It's snowing by me right now; thick flakes too!

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you and your family are okay. So sorry for what you are going through. I am in Zone A on SI too, but did not have to face anything like you are now. We are currently staying at my mother-in-laws place. Hopefully we will be able to head back to our apt soon. My sister-in-law who is volunteering at Miller Field told me that the water reached Hylan Blvd. That is just too insane to imagine. Our thoughts are with you guys.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Finemess View Post
    Stuff can be replaced, lives can't. Stay strong brother.
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbyG View Post
    Sorry for all your troubles and I hope you can pick up the pieces and get back to normalcy sooner rather than later... Tough going there....
    Quote Originally Posted by KenR View Post
    Damage and time without power at my home in Floral Park was minimal compared to what you have gone through. I wish you the best of luck. Maybe Autogeek can send a care package of detailing supplies to help you get back to normal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurge View Post
    thats terrible. I'm on long island. (Farmingdale). was out of power & heat for 7 days. but who cares, you lost your house. so sorry man.

I have some old product I don't use, random free samples, some stuff from my albert kemperle sales guy. When you're back on your feet if you wanna take a ride out my way, shoot me a pm. I'll give you some goodies towards rebuilding your collection.

sorry about your mustang
    Quote Originally Posted by mwoolfso View Post
    I am in Bellmore and STILL feel a little guilty that my family is back to normal (save fuel) and over 100K others are not.

Stay safe brother. It's snowing by me right now; thick flakes too!
    Quote Originally Posted by Minoan212 View Post
    Glad you and your family are okay. So sorry for what you are going through. I am in Zone A on SI too, but did not have to face anything like you are now. We are currently staying at my mother-in-laws place. Hopefully we will be able to head back to our apt soon. My sister-in-law who is volunteering at Miller Field told me that the water reached Hylan Blvd. That is just too insane to imagine. Our thoughts are with you guys.
    thanks guys theres no need to send me samples as i dont have a car at the moment. we still dont have power since the storm but i am at a friends at the moment that does. hopefully fema comes and looks at the house so i could get started on the work. my dad was a construction worker but is on disability after a bad injury on the job. i am 17 but know how to do drywall, painting, hardwood flooring as i had renovated two rooms in my house before the disaster. has anyone had any experience with fema because i am hearing all different things such as that they only pay 25% of what anything is worth.

Post Thanks / Like

In Annandale SI and made it through unscathed thank god. Wish you and your family good luck and best wishes. Did you ever bring that Stang to Gateway on Sundays? I usually go every other week.

If you had full coverage on the Stang, you will be covered for the damage or total loss. Homeowners insurance doesn't cover floods, so you would need separate flood insurance. Albeit, living in Midland Beach you probably can't get flood insurance or the premiums are ridiculously high. Start the FEMA process immediately and document with pics and video if you can. Also don't forget to contact Congressmen Grimm, State Senator Lanza and Borough President James Molinaro if you run into a road block and need assistance.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast