autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Was my price to high? help

Where I live that interior is bad but not terrible. I think your price is fair, but I would probably say 75 and maybe go down just a bit. I try to keep my interior price at $20 per hour as I dont have an extractor.

Post Thanks / Like

If the guy told you that you are ripping him off he is not a customer that you would want to deal with.

Ed

Post Thanks / Like

+1 to Ed's post. Most people like that will just be trouble. They might pay, but they'll be kicking and screaming all the way.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been reading Tennyson Doyle's book; which I wish I had two years ago, and he makes the point that you have make what you're worth/need and not give your services away for free. I would say in your market in your part of the country that $25 per hour is very acceptable even if you are just detailing on the side.
    You need to really look at your cost per detail and what income you are trying to make and set your prices from there. If someone is happy with your quote then they can go elsewhere or try to get the same results themselves.
    You could ask the guy what he was expecting to pay and only give him that much service. Then when he's not happy with the results you can tell him he got what he paid for.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using AG Online
    Shaun Shines Automotive Detailing, VIRGINIA BEACH, VA. http://www.facebook.com/ShaunShinesDetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone for the excellent feedback/advice. I feel much better about my price now

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Impressions View Post
    If his interior was anything like the pics of your friends car than $85 is a awesome deal!
    You didn't mention what kind of car he had so it's hard to say if it was a deal or not
    I'm sure $85 is a fair price, figure how many hours it will take you and how much per hour your willing to let your expertise go for, don't forget you have products and special equipment you use that he may not have access too
    Don't beat yourself up over it, he can go to the local swirlomatic and get a crap job!
    The car was a 2008 Chrysler 300C. Gray interior with cloth seats. By the way he described the interior was in rough shape thanks to a big gulp from 7eleven he had spilled on seats and carpet

Post Thanks / Like

ShaunD said it all !!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by david11g35 View Post
    The car was a 2008 Chrysler 300C. Gray interior with cloth seats. By the way he described the interior was in rough shape thanks to a big gulp from 7eleven he had spilled on seats and carpet
    Tell him $100 now that you know he spilled the big gulp. Just remember, he's only one person. Probably a young guy that can barely afford the car payment, let alone the expense of having a quality detail. I wouldn't even entertain the idea of responding to him at this point; let him have the pleasure of getting that stain out with Wal-Mart products and limited knowledge.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

DANG!!! That's cheap. I can't believe he would be complaining about that price... especially if the interior is a wreck. I charge almost double that because I hate cleaning interiors. Some people just have no clue how long it takes and how expensive all the tools are to do a proper detail job.
    Nicholas Scafidi - CQuartz Finest Authorized Installer
    www.autowerxdetailing.com Auto Detailing in Sherwood, OR
    Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter

Post Thanks / Like

Sometimes I wonder if the price we charge attracts a particular kind of customer??? I believe so, so with that being said, charge what YOU want to be paid and what you think is fair, then stick to your guns. No need to give a thorough explanation. If they don't like it, they don't have to hire you. Negotiating for free upgrades is understandable, but the more confident you are in your pricing, the more likely they are to believe you're worth the cost. Think about when you're shopping for something. Sometimes we wonder how or why some charge so cheap and then realize we got what we payed for. You live in L.A., so do I. There is a huge market for high priced detailers. Raise your rates accordingly and the cheapskates will stay away.
    Enrique - Amateur Detailer Extraordinaire
    "Man is an emotional animal, occasionally rational; and through his feelings he can be deceived to his heart's content." - Durant

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast