autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

camaro owner records mechanics abusing car, scheming to get damages paid for

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bE4Dh_82kMM&feature=plcp]Camaro abused - YouTube[/video]

This is the audio recorded in my car while in the care of the a Service Department. This Audio file is of the Service Manager driving my car like he stole it. It has approximately 38,777 miles on it. It was taken to get evaluated because the gears would grind at parking lot speeds and up to 35mph. I made it clear what the symptoms were. Yet the Service Manager and his crew took the car for a twenty minute, tire squealing; drive it like you stole it, all out thrashing. They self admittedly melted the clutch, then tried to sell me a clutch job.

Have you ever felt cheated, lied to, put upon, and taken advantage of? Have you ever been bullied by a new car dealer? Have you ever had someone look you in the eye and you know they are lying, but you don't have that thread of proof you so desperately need?! Then ask yourself. What should you do? What can you do?

GET PROOF!!!!! PROTECT YOURSELF!!!

These people drove this car harder in 20 minutes than by me in 3 years.
    It was taken to get evaluated because the gears would grind at parking lot speeds and up to 35mph. I made it clear what the symptoms were. Yet the Service Manager and his crew took the car for a twenty minute, tire squealing; drive it like you stole it, all out thrashing. They Launched the car over and over again. They did high speed low gear decelereactions. When confronted with the facts and evidence the Fixed Operations Director, REFUSED to acknowledge any wrong doing. He offered his personal reassessment and if he found things not in order then he may repair it for free. Or maybe, perhaps they would let me trade it in. Can you believe this guy?! He is trying to sell me a car because mine is DAMAGED now!! The BBB was of no help. And the Chevrolet Customer Assistance Center (CAC) refused to assist. They stated, "It's a dealership issue." CAC set this up then stepped away wiping their hands clean. In my book they are just as guilty, bc it seems that all they wanted to hear was, "customer was at fault." They plotted their lies about me thrashing the transmission and clutch, while they were doing just that. Once their lies were invalidated by the recording, CAC@chevrolet.com hung me out to dry, and stepped away. The service manager and at least two others drove it like they stole it, so THEY CAN BUY IT!!!!
    I suggested, the dealership buy it, repair it, CPO it, sell it, and then take the difference out ot the offending parties pay. Previous to this incident, another dealership in Greenville, SC did a similar thing at 16,000 miles. They gave it back to me damaged, I left, and ten minutes later it had to be towed back to that dealership. Accusations flew but no one was man enough to admit it. Sound familiar? Anyway, the crappy end of the stick was pointed at yours truly. They supposedly fixed it, but not really. That's when the Chevy customer assistance center (CAC) called and wanted to know why their survey was so bad. A prompt explanation of the above described events initiated CAC to contact another dealer in Easley. An appointment was scheduled, and the dysfunction reappeared, only this time they were busted red handed. They burned the clutch up, then tried to sell me a clutch, and then two days later bill GM for the same work. Then the Fixed Operations Director tried to sell me a car and convince me that HIS mechanics actions were acceptable trouble shooting pracitce. He had ample opportunity to do the honorable, decent thing. He was politely informed that HE was not the only option.
    i am the jump starter.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: camaro owner records mechanics abusing car, scheming to get damages paid for

I'm speechless!

Get legal advice pronto!

Good luck and I'm sorry to hear that this has happened to ya...

Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Re: camaro owner records mechanics abusing car, scheming to get damages paid for

I saw that, a real shame.
    "Chrome wheeled, fuel injected and steppin' out over the line"

Post Thanks / Like

Just read this on Yahoo news. Hopefully one day people will realize that there is a camera or some type of recording device EVERYWHERE. You're not going to get away with stuff like this
    Waxin' Willys Detailing
    Like us on Facebook!

Post Thanks / Like

Generally speaking, that's why I usually stay with my cars when I take them in for service. I know that everyone can't do this, but if at all possible stay with car when getting serviced. I don't trust auto mechanics in general or repair shops. Lot of make work projects going on! I would have been flurious if this was my car being treated this way. Then the lieing started.

novaman

Post Thanks / Like

This is pure BS and I too would be pissed.....

Come here sonny, we need to have a discussion.....

When my Z06 goes in for service I make it a point to let folks there know I'm "waiting" for it......

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

Similar thing happened to my car when taken for 2nd service! They tried to do burnouts within the dealership and scratched up my car!!!

I had to MAKE them accept their mistake and repaint it!! Since then, I have learnt about my car and service her myself!!

Dealership mechanics are d*****bags!

Post Thanks / Like
    This happens every day. Don't be surprised. I worked for one of the big 3 American car company dealerships for 7 years as a flat rate mechanic. I know exactly what's going on here; its called; warranty fraud - and it was done every day where I was at:

1. Customer comes in with an an electrical complaint that can't be duplicated. Bill out some wires and butt connectors on a ticket and punch 5 hours time on it. Get paid 5 warranty hours to "pull dash, fix and find short, replace dash". Throw wire and butt connectors in trash. Do cash work while your 5 hours are running on time ticket. Tell customer its fixed.That was called "A Rog Kit"(named after a guy named Roger who invented it).

2. Keep old gaskets, starters, alternators, radius arm bushings, and ball joints from cash jobs, so you can turn them in as "fixed under warranty" on the next guys car and get a return stamp on your work order. Run fake warranty time and get paid on that car for work that was never done or needed.

These are 2 of the scams that were common where I worked. Mostly people where ripping off the manufacturer and not as much the customer. There was tons of warranty fraud.

Got out of the car business all together a long time ago.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just because it happens all the time doesn't make it right or acceptable. Drug deals happen daily to, but its still illegal and punishable.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, that is ridiculous. How are they getting away with this crap?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast