autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Patiently waiting

My next AG order should be arriving by the end of today. That'll be a great 'Welcome Home' greeting when I find that package waiting on my doorstep!

If I could only find a way to have my wife share in my passion for detailing, it might make ordering additional products MUCH easier. She's the CFO, thus controls the $$$. I'm just the Junior Vice Prez in charge of Detailing and Sanitation. ( I take out the garbage, clean the cat litter and vacuum ).

BTW, she loves to cook, and I love to eat. I'd say that's a match made in Heaven.
    It never fails. Whenever anything hits the windshield, it's always on the driver's side....and at eye level!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Patiently waiting

Don't forget the unpacking pics! My latest restock comes Tuesday... My wife already knows the drill. Once the Fed-Ex guy drops it off it immediately gets "delivered" into my office where I immediately disperse a flurry of packing peanuts around the room to see what goodies AG has sent me. I usually forget half of the stuff I ordered by the time it gets here so it's almost like Christmas when it arrives.
    Nicholas Scafidi - CQuartz Finest Authorized Installer
    www.autowerxdetailing.com Auto Detailing in Sherwood, OR
    Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter

Post Thanks / Like

Be careful what you wish for. My wife has developed an appreciation for detailing and what a nicely maintained car should look like and now expects her car to be clean and polished before it leaves the garage every morning. At night when she returns from work I hear, "Got rained on today", Construction work in the lot this week, car's dusty", "bird got me again". Expectations are the personal detailer is on the job pronto. Its nice to know she appreciates and cares about her car and time in the garage working on a car is always relaxing after a day at the office so can't say I mind at all.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas@Autowerx View Post
    Don't forget the unpacking pics! My
    I'll be sure to post them ASAP. Since I've already posted here, this is where I'll be showing the unpacking pics. I thought I was excited with my first AG order. This latest order trumps that one a hundredfold!

I don't have everything I need for a full-blown detail yet, but I'm getting there. Looks like I may need to get the AG Detailer's Bag to hold my ever-growing collection of detailing items.

Quote Originally Posted by siberianrunner View Post
    Be careful what you wish for. My wife has developed an appreciation for detailing and what a nicely maintained car should look like and now expects her car to be clean and polished before it leaves the garage every morning. At night when she returns from work I hear, "Got rained on today", Construction work in the lot this week, car's dusty", "bird got me again". Expectations are the personal detailer is on the job pronto. Its nice to know she appreciates and cares about her car and time in the garage working on a car is always relaxing after a day at the office so can't say I mind at all.
    My wife may not totally understand my detailing passion, but she too appreciates it when I wash and wax her car. My car is the lab rat for new techniques and products. Her car is the recipient of "What Works".

I like it when she gives me one of her "sunshine" smiles after I'm done detailing her car. Makes the effort all the more worthwhile.
    It never fails. Whenever anything hits the windshield, it's always on the driver's side....and at eye level!

Post Thanks / Like

Here are the pics! Not a very large order, but I'm happy nevertheless.

Would like to see how this looks on top of BFWD: OPT's OCW

Never gonna order the small 8 oz. bottles of ONR again. They run out too fast. I think I may go with the gallon size next.

Better cleaning, easier rinsing of MF towels.

This is the most intriguing product. Carrand's Tire Dressing Applicator Brush. Supposed to be more precise at applying tire dressings and easier to clean. I think I may post my impressions of this product after I detail my car. Seems like it's easier to use than a foam applicator.

I goofed when I placed the order. Thought I was ordering the sample size bottle of Blackfire Tire and Wheel Cleaner. Clicked on their Tire Gel instead. Anyone have any OTC recommendations for a tire cleaner at local retail stores that is LSP safe?

Not pictured: Meguaiar's Self-cleaning 16 oz. squeeze bottle. I plan on transferring OPT Tire Gel into this smaller bottle, which should make it easier to dispense product. 32 oz. bottle it came in is a bit heavy and unwieldy.

As all of you can probably guess, this current order is all about cleaning and protecting. Subsequent orders will be geared more towards correction with some MF's thrown in for good measure. I'd like to make it all OPT products, if possible. But am willing to experiment with others as well.

What's in YOUR wallet....errr....detailer's cabinet!

Post Thanks / Like

nice order, let us know how the carrand tire dressing brush works out for you.

Post Thanks / Like

My next AG order should be arriving later on this afternoon. Might be too late to try out the products, but it can wait till my next day off.

Products ordered:

Natty's Blue Paste
    Meg's self-cleaning dispenser bottle
    6-pack Pinnacle yellow foam applicators
    Duragloss 901
    Wolfgang Vinyl and Rubber Protectant (sample size)
    Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion (sample size)
    DP Krystal Vision Glass Cleaner (sample size)

Would you guys believe that the total, not including shipping, came out to less than $60? Pretty cool deal, huh?

Just goes to show that you don't need a whole lot of moolah to purchase great car care products. Gotta thank AG for the great prices. And the sample sizes. LOL

Happy Detailing, everyone!