autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: iPhone 5 or 4S?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

iPhone 5 or 4S?

I've resigned myself to the fact that my daughter will not be happy with any phone other than an iPhone for her 16th birthday. As much as I might feel that another phone offers 'more for the money', I truly think she will be disappointed if she doesn't receive an iPhone. I'm not about catering to my daughter's every wants, but she decided not to have a huge 16th birthday party in order to save my wife and I some money.

So now the question is do I go with the 4S for $99 or the 5 for $199?

I'd just as soon pay the extra $100 if the upgrades to the 5 are really worth it. The 4S she can have on her birthday, the 5 she would probably have to wait an extra week.

What do you think?

Thanks for all your help in my previous post!

TripleB

Post Thanks / Like

Re: iPhone 5 or 4S?

If you are not buying the phone with a contract, keep in mind its about 600 dollars

Im not an apple fan as I feel samsung and motorola (android) is much better I would go with the 4s as it has the same cable connection and more acessories for it.
    Bill 1234
    2004 audi a6 quattro (traded).
    2015 Ford Escape 2.0l ecoboost 4WD

Post Thanks / Like

If she said she didn't want a party to save ya'll the money what she's really saying is...."take that money you were going to spend on the party and buy me an iPhone 5." The only difference between an iPhone 4S and the iPhone 5 is the the 5 is slimmer and longer with a bigger screen. Thats practically it. All the software is on the baseline so all of the updates apply to the 4S as well. Thats literally it. You could probably play the 4S off by saying you wanted to have something to give her on her birthday or just say eff it and spend the extra $100 and get her the 5 so she can have the latest and greatest. Or if you go with the 5, just print out a picture of the 5 and give it to her on her birthday. If I were you, I'd just get her the 5.
    Alex
    ...."Do the right thing...even when no one is looking"

Post Thanks / Like

I would get her the 5 as well. Because if you got her the 4S, at one point she would start wanting the 5 later on. Just like me and my phone, really wish I got the Razr Maxx for the battery life.
    Ryan 2006 Volvo S60 R

Post Thanks / Like

I just upgraded to the 4S from my 4. Free upgrade after trading in my 4. I would love to get a 5 but I am more than happy with my 4S
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: iPhone 5 or 4S?

Get the 5 bigger lighter faster the the 4S. At $450 I can wait till May then upgrade to the 5.At $199

Post Thanks / Like

TripleB
    Apple products are quality, they can also be a status symbol with the younger set. I have had them all except the 5 as my contract has a few months to go but when its time I will upgrade. The facetime feature over the standard network is fantastic so if you both have one you will only be a call away from seeing her or where she is. Its very fast loading programs like Facebook too. With that said I would get what makes her happy. I know if it were me I would rather have the latest most popular version. Should be at least 2 years before the next version is out. I recently gave my old iPhone 3 to someone who didnt feel the need for an Apple but was having problems with her standard Verizon touch type phone so she took it. Her contract just ended and she ordered and recieved her iPhone 5 Monday and is verry happy with it. She has converted to being an Apple person. Hope it works out for you.
    "Born to Cruise, Forced to Work"

Post Thanks / Like

iPhone 5 for the LTE.

Post Thanks / Like

^ thats right...I left that out as well. The 5 is 4g LTE
    Alex
    ...."Do the right thing...even when no one is looking"

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd get the iPhone 5 because it has an extra 1/2 inch of screen space and the LTE (4G). Also, PC Magazine just dubbed the iPhone 5 the fastest phone and Anandtech also showed it beating every phone currently available. It has double the memory of the iPhone 4S and so is more future proof as well.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast