autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Most Impressive or Exciting Vehicle

I've always been a car guy and, over the years, I've owned a lot of different kind/styles of cars i.e.: new cars, classic cars, luxury cars, sports cars, muscle cars, convertibles/roadsters, coupes/sedans, etc., and I've always enjoyed detailing and generally caring for all of them.

I know that many of you do detailing for a living or as a side business, and I assume many of you are like me, and you just enjoy taking care of your own personal vehicle(s).

I've seen some pics of some pretty terrific looking vehicles on this site, and I just wonder what make/model/year, etc. car is the most impressive, exciting, or memorable vehicle you've ever worked on, either for a customer, or just for yourself?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Most Impressive or Exciting Vehicle

The MVP Vette at the 2011 World series!!

Post Thanks / Like

I would have to say my personal vehicle. S60 R. It was full of holograms and dull spots. It was amazing to bring it back to life. Especially the metallic flake the paint has and how it just popped like crazy.
    Ryan 2006 Volvo S60 R

Post Thanks / Like

I get equally excited about all the cars I work on. There are some special ones but in the end, I get more excited about how it looks after I'm done rather than the particular car I'm helping out.

When I got the chance to work on a Gallardo, I could barely contain the excitement, but as it turns out... its just another car to me. I see them all as a blank canvas to turn into my works of art. They're all impressive and exciting, because each one is a new experience.

I do have to say, a very memorable moment for me was detailing a 1998 Royal Sapphire Blue, twin turbo, six speed, targa-top Supra. There were only 27(or so) available with this option combo, the unicorn of the Supra world. Its a rare sight to see in person, much less lay a buffer on it.

Post Thanks / Like

Im not trying to be selfish, but a Ford edge is an awesome vehicle, the ride is smooth , its completely loaded with technology.
    Bill 1234
    2004 audi a6 quattro (traded).
    2015 Ford Escape 2.0l ecoboost 4WD

Post Thanks / Like

We're off to a decent start here, but I was pretty certain that many more of you would have had an experience to share a pic of a time when you had an opportunity to work on a car that was really special. Hasn't anyone worked on a Ferrari, Lamborghini, Maserati, Aston Martin or even a Porsche? Hasn't anyone ever had the opportunity to detail a real antique or a special classic like an old Bugatti, Stutz or Packard? What about a Rolls or a Bentley? How about any memorable car from the 40's, 50's or 60's? Doesn't anyone here actually own an extraordinary vehicle that they take pride in showing off?? Come on, where are all these cars that I've seen so many pictures of? What's the closest thing to a dream car that you've worked on???

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Even though I'm a newbie, I will post some pics of my most impressive vehicle. In the past, the Rod Shop that did the paint work has been the only one to detail the paint, but I'm learning (on here) and plan to do my own polishing and waxing in the future.

It's a 1939 Chevrolet Street Rod...Air Ride, Porsche headlights, hand made grille, etc. Black w/ black leather.

Post Thanks / Like

A slick looking '39 Chevy Street Rod! Now, that's impressive!!

Post Thanks / Like

1978 H.D. 75th Anniversary Edition Electra Glide FLH 1200 that my dad bought from a freight broker that had it on his putting green in his brokerage office...was using it as an 'putt under' obstacle.

The reason it is memorable is because Pops was recuperating from major surgery, and I wanted to do something special for him during the few days that I was on the east coast.

The year - 1985. The first time I would ever detail a motorcycle.
    VT
    Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post
    ....It's all I use these days....they are buffing when I'm relaxing...and still don't get the powder out of canines!

Post Thanks / Like
    1987 Buick GNX

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast