autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Opinions on Window Tint?

Yes, do it. Be sure to check the law in your state as mentioned. LOL Dave or the purple stuff thats peeled.
    'Cause there's just something women like about a pickup man.
    Rich

Post Thanks / Like

I have window tint on all my vehicle windows. Here in Florida it's tough not to have it. The sun beats down on cars, heats up the passenger compartment and also fades the interior materials if you don't have tint. I also feel it provides *some* security. I would prefer that everyone not be able to see everything inside my vehicles. I don't leave valuables in sight but I do have some permanently installed expensive gadgets that I would prefer to keep out of sight. Tint makes it a little harder for someone walking by to see what's in my car without making it somewhat obvious that they are peering inside. Also, when I am driving at night I like the fact that people walking by cannot see how many people are inside my car or who is driving. Maybe I'm a little cautious but I would prefer that some thug walking by not see that my wife is driving alone. One quick word of caution: Make sure you get completely legal tint as tickets for illegal window tint can get expensive quickly. Here in the sunshine state the law says no tint on the front windshield below the AS-1 line (top 10% of the windshield), Front side windows can be tinted to 28%, side windows behind the driver to 15% and the rear most window can be as dark as you want as long as you have two outside rearview mirrors. Just my $0.02......

3. Thanks astro thanked for this post
    Likes astro liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have 35% on my truck and I think 5% on one of my cars. I still need to tint my two other cars. The 5% is a pain to see out of at night.

Post Thanks / Like

On a white car, tint will always look darker than other colors due to the contrast I believe.

Post Thanks / Like
    I for one never associate window tint with it looking "ghetto", its not like 3, 4 or 5 faux portholes on the fender or those faux M3-style vents. Window tint keeps your car cool on hot days and protects your interior, not to mention keeps prying eyes from getting a quick look into your ride. IMO 30-35% gets the job done and isn't unsafe at night, just go uniform all the way around whenever possible.

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    What's the legal limit in Florida? 15% seems a little light.
    Really? 15% is pretty darn dark if you ask me.

I'm running the IL legal limit, and I wish I would've done it sooner. Huge difference in temperature after sitting in the parking lot all after noon, and it just makes the car look better.
    Kyle
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugdug View Post
    Anyways, a customer with a hummer asked me if there was a surcharge for his hummer. I said yes, it's an SUV. He said quote "well it's an H3, so it's not really an suv".......

Post Thanks / Like

I also live in Florida and tint all my cars' windows. My F-150 supercrew and my wife's Murano came with factory tinted glass on the rear doors and rear window, so we tinted the front doors to match. Looks much better IMO and very functional as mentioned.

The only "ghetto" ones I've seen are the ones that have bubbles throughout or are half torn off. Find a quality shop and you will be happy with the results.
    Craig

Post Thanks / Like

I like tint, although any color other than grey or silver mirror is iffy on looks. In CA, the law is no tint on the windshield or drivers windows, but the rear side windows can be as dark as you want and the backglass can be as dark as you want as long as you have two outside mirrors.
    Despite this, there are plenty of cars with obviously tinted drivers windows and windshields. This has me wondering what is going on here. It's the law or not?

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone...I'm doing it!

Post Thanks / Like
    OP, look for SunTek or something like that, its a quality metallic type tint, really looks sharp!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast