autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bad Craigslist Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by ProDetail View Post
    That's awesome, meant to comment earlier on this but my phone died, you had me rolling with that one
    Also that's a run-on sentence.

Post Thanks / Like

So I'm browsing Craigslist in my area for objects of interest and stumble upon this post.
    CUSTOM detailing & accerraries
    I'm sorry but if you can't even spell accessories right or at the very least use a spell check then you cannot be trusted around detailing. Just my opinion IMO.
    I'm curious as to how poor someone's spelling and grammar has to be before they can't be trusted around detailing. I agree that making such an error as "accerraries" looks bad, but does not knowing the difference between "then" and "than" reflect on that person's detailing abilities as well?

I must have higher standards then most
    - Len

Post Thanks / Like

Like I said it's a form of advertisement, especially when your advertisement is your customers first impression of you, something as simple as misspelled words can deter them from going to you.
    Another run-on sentence. Man you might know how to use the spellcheck button but you sure as hell dont know English.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Agfan View Post
    Listen it's not the fact that I don't agree on what you're saying. Yes it's a huge first impression. However did you really have to post the ladies Craigslist ad? That's the rude part of this.
    Also trust me this is not a forum where you can say what you want. They are rediculous on their rules here and uptight. Lol trust me I know.
    I do agree with the OP in that as a business professional, the lady is making a first impression on her customers and should consider putting a bit more effort into anything that has to do with her business - whether it be the advertisements, or the detailing itself. That being said, spelling errors aren't necessarily a red flag indicating a hack detailer. Someone can polish their speech as much as they want, but that doesn't really mean they can polish out a car (or motorcycle). On the contrary, horrible spelling doesn't always correspond with a bad detailer (the bikes this lady posted seemed well detailed). Take me for example....I still spell out "because" and "necessarily" in my head while typing. While I consider myself good at spelling, everyone can make mistakes. From a "freedom of speech" standpoint, the OP can post whatever he wants on AG, but that doesn't make it proper or professional. Though technically the lady's advertising is public and can be shared, it shouldn't be shared in this way. I find it inconsiderate to the ad poster. The BEST and most effective thing for the OP to do is contact the business owner and let her know there are errors in her ad....and maybe give her some constructive criticism to help her out. Maybe he could even refer her to AGO so that if she IS a hack detailer, she could improve her methods. As far as AGO's reigns of control on the forum go, I've never had a problem at all. Keep in mind it is still a business... In fact, I find that they are a very open company - allowing samples trades, personalized BOGO's, and expert advice etc etc... Well that's all for now folks, time to stretch out the fingers and exercise the eyes next watching some netflix PS there are probably run-ons in here....I tend to be a bit too verbose at times. Go all out - edit my post if you like :P

Post Thanks / Like

So I'm browsing Craigslist in my area for objects of interest and stumble upon this post.
    CUSTOM detailing & accerraries
    I'm sorry but if you can't even spell accessories right or at the very least use a spell check then you cannot be trusted around detailing. Just my opinion IMO.
    So it seems a lot of you are taking a personal reaction to this, getting offended and even bringing this into other peoples post which I may add is very childish, and immature. If you want to take offense to this then so be it, don't go into others post and try turning my topic in there post. You got an opinion as do I. As it clearly states above that if you cannot perform a simple spell check when it comes to advertisment then, in my opinion shouldn't and will not get my work.

I posted it to only point out something that shouldn't be done in regards to ADVERTISMENT, not to be cruel and unproffesional and I was expecting like minded responses. But if you want to get offended then so be it. Too me personally, it's rather funny seeing the "hate" post. But seriously, if you want to attack my post do it here, not in someone else's.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by itsinthedetails View Post
    The BEST and most effective thing for the OP to do is contact the business owner and let her know there are errors in her ad....and maybe give her some constructive criticism to help her out. Maybe he could even refer her to AGO so that if she IS a hack detailer, she could improve her methods.
    PS there are probably run-ons in here....I tend to be a bit too verbose at times. Go all out - edit my post if you like :P
    I think I will do just that, thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I think I will do just that, thanks
    No problem! You certainly do have an opinion and you have the right to share it here. I'm not personally offended that you posted this, I just think it's better to spread positive criticism than negative criticism when possible. Sometimes it's not possible (or beneficial) to do so i.e. if a detailer scams you out of money or is truly dishonest, but derailing unassuming people's posts is another story. It seems as if you didn't have any malicious intent though, so I think everyone can forgive you and move on. No one has to give up their own point of view, but instead, maybe we should all try and learn something from what has been posted. I for one will try and be careful about what I say, both from a linguistic point of view, and from a content point of view. Just as a side note, sometimes these kinds of opinion posts actually are more beneficial than harmful as many people learn things....just food for thought

Post Thanks / Like

So it seems a lot of you are taking a personal reaction to this, getting offended and even bringing this into other peoples post which I may add is very childish, and immature. If you want to take offense to this then so be it, don't go into others post and try turning my topic in there post. You got an opinion as do I. As it clearly states above that if you cannot perform a simple spell check when it comes to advertisment then, in my opinion shouldn't and will not get my work.

I posted it to only point out something that shouldn't be done in regards to ADVERTISMENT, not to be cruel and unproffesional and I was expecting like minded responses. But if you want to get offended then so be it. Too me personally, it's rather funny seeing the "hate" post. But seriously, if you want to attack my post do it here, not in someone else's.
    It's actually "their"
    Point I've been trying to make is that we all make spelling and english errors and clearly including yourself. It doesn't feel so good getting picked on about stuff like that does it? Imagine if she was a member on here. Who gives a rats a$$ if she spelled something wrong and what does she have to do with you? Lol I just think this was a complete waste of time. Clearly you have to know by now it was wrong to post that Craigslist ad. You can respond to this and pick it apart if you want. I really don't care. I got my point across and I know others agree it was wrong what you did.

Post Thanks / Like

I understand and am sorry if I misunderstood your intentions. Yes you are of course allowed your opinion .

I actually agree that bad spelling could deter business.

What I dont like is someone being
    criticized on a public forum on an entire thread with the ad exposed.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't really have an opinion on this matter. I just wanted to say:

Thanks, everyone, for today's entertainment!
    Nicholas Scafidi - CQuartz Finest Authorized Installer
    www.autowerxdetailing.com Auto Detailing in Sherwood, OR
    Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast