autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: As seen on tv --- 19.99

In the words of P.T. Barnum, " There's a sucker born every minute"
    John
    Mean people suck

Mike Phillips

The people that would watch this show and then purchase the products I would say are typically the same people that I describe in this article,

The difference between a swirl and squirrel

I was posting in another thread and just posted this,

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips
    I don't ever try to tell people how to run their business, but instead just try to offer some balance to the conversation because as a detailer, one of their goals is to make a profit and multiple step buff jobs take more time and if your customer doesn't know the difference between a swirl and a squirrel then just make their paint clean and shiny and move forward.

And seriously, I don't want to tell anyone how to run their business but I often times see a trend that goes like this,

• Person gets interested in detailing, starts reading forums and gets the bug.
    • Takes the leap and starts purchasing pads, products and tools to start detailing for money.
    • Loses focus, probably because of one segment of the type of work shared on forums, (show car detailing), and decides to start out doing show car style detailing where they're using a multiple step system to create show car finish.

Nothing wrong with the above scenario except if you're buffing out daily drivers for people that are not really into their car as a hobby, then you're not matching your services to their needs.

Most people just want a clean interior, shiny black tires, clear glass and shiny paint, they don't know the difference between a swirl and squirrel.

For clarification...

This is a Squirrel

These are Swirls

If you spend too much time on the paint for someone that probably won't appreciate your efforts as much as you, and probably doesn't want to pay for your efforts, then you're doing them a disservice and you're doing yourself a disservice in your pocket book.

If you have a customer that wants to pay for a multiple-step process then by all means go for it. But if your customer fits the daily driver description, then keep your focus and do a great job but do a fast job and by fast I mean wash, clay and use a one-step cleaner/wax.

Make sense?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by killrwheels@autogeek View Post
    Well tonight I have now seen it all. A new product that will renew trim on automobiles with a simple wipe and guaranteed to last more than two years. And wait .... it also removes years of oxidation from your headlamps by just wiping it on with a special and included towel. You even get a bigger bottle if you buy now !

I've come to see the light, I need to make something unique I can sell on tv by the millions. Any ideas ??
    Great marketing behind a product you can sell anything...
    names tom i live in nj with my wife cindy .and our 3 children. samantha gabriella and little tom...

Post Thanks / Like

The question I would ask is what type/brand of blue masking tape did they use.

After 100 power car washes the tape was still in place ???????????
    Mike !!!
    Mid-Michigan
    Tri-Cities

Post Thanks / Like

Mods...please delete if this is not allowed. I know there are rules against this, but since we are all joking about it.....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MI Mike View Post
    The question I would ask is what type/brand of blue masking tape did they use.

After 100 power car washes the tape was still in place ???????????
    Hmmmm....did not think of that.

Post Thanks / Like

Any ideas ??

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

I ran into another new product called "she wee" being released, and I will just let your imagination run as to what it is.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

I ran into another new product called "she wee" being released, and I will just let your imagination run as to what it is.
    I just saw that and started laughing.

Post Thanks / Like

I have actually ordered that stuff and it works great. My hair is already starting to grow back... oh crap, could this be the same stuff?
    We are Central Florida's "First Class" Detailing Service.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.