autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good Deal

Post Thanks / Like

Good Deal

Driving around small towns in Pa. looking in all the small no name auto parts stores hoping to find a can of MEGS #16. Came across this, Collinite 476, list $14.25, on sale $7.54. Next to that, Collinite 885 list $15.00, on sale $8.64. I have seen forum members talk about how long it last. So I picked up two cans of 476, one can of 885. Total $23.74 plus tax. Tried it out, used the PC and a 4" LC pad to spread it thin like the directions said. One panel at a time, wipes off easy. Nice shine, slick, carnauba look. It states on the can it's detergent proof, if it's anything like cleaning the pad it should last forever. I had to let the pad soak overnight in snappy clean. Next time it's going on by hand and the foam pad is going in the trash. So, anytime you're driving around, stop in those little no name stores. You never know what you might find. What's that Sir?, you have a case of 24 cans, Megs #16 at $5.00 a can, I'll take all you have. Can you believe that Joe, that fool just bought all that old Megs 16 that was in the back. Everyone else is buying that new Ice stuff. Still searching for the Megs #16. at the right price.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good deals. I too hate Collinite, the way it like "stains" your pad. I used a foam pad and couldn't get it all out, so I tossed it. I have yet to use it since. I'm not wasting pads for a $10 wax.

I still go to #16 instead. I actually applied #16 and SSII today. Will be doing a layer of Souveran later tonight.

I paid $20/shipped for my #16.
    20 year olds rule!

"For each step-back, there is an equally or greater come-back..."

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...must-read.html

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...s-bluuuur.html

Post Thanks / Like
    I've done the same thing in every little farm town around here and so far all I've found is a dusty can of "Simonize" wax. Fun to go in those places.
    What they say where I'm going is "That city* slicker is looking for that fancy Meguiar wax out here".

*Any town over 10,000 pop.

Post Thanks / Like
    These were lucky to have 1,000. Just a little wide spot in the road. They seem to be a place for the local farmers to hang out and drink coffee and rub skoal. I have seen it on the net a couple time. Just hate to order it and pay shipping taking it up to 25 or more. I want a can, just not that bad.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've got a few more cans coming my way from Europe. Gotta love it when my parents come in town and they bring me a few goodies! Next time they're bringing some Menzerna, that'll prevent me from paying $50 for it when it's $25 in Europe.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by P1et
    I've got a few more cans coming my way from Europe. Gotta love it when my parents come in town and they bring me a few goodies! Next time they're bringing some Menzerna, that'll prevent me from paying $50 for it when it's $25 in Europe.
    aww, show off!
    lol
    j/k
    ~Lulu~

Post Thanks / Like
    Craig,
    Where in PA did you find it? If you remember the town or store.
    Alban B-)
    2008 Ford F250 XLT 6.4L PSD, 4X4, SC, SB, Bedrug bedliner, Torza Trifold Tonneau cover, SS step bars / Dark Shadow Gray Metallic
    2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8S / Inferno

Post Thanks / Like
    Ranney from Pakshak gets #16 from time to time, no discount, but a great guy and site. I buy all my Menzerna from him until we get it at AG. Funny, #16 is more popular now that it ever was when available.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    If you want to make something popular, discontinue or limit its production.
    New Coke.
    Toyota Supras, Mark iv.
    ~Lulu~

Post Thanks / Like
    The first place I found it was in a small town called Everett, they wanted $9.00 and change for the 476. Didn't have any in stock, called another store and told me he would have it tomorrow. Fine, I'll come back and pick up a can.
    Next small town (larger than the last) was Bedford. While driving out of town I seen a small parts store and went in to have a look see. There it was at $7.54 a can. The funny thing is, the same guy owns both stores. The store that called and ordered it for me, called the store where I bought it at. The first store was going to sell it to me for $2.00 more. Both of these towns are along the Pa. tpk, above Cumberland, Md.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast