autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Did I get scammed?

This has happened to me before on another forum. I called him out publicly on the Forum and one of the members knew him personally told me he was going through some family problems. A few days later my item was shipped, so I wouldn't jump to any conclusions yet.

When sending someone money on PayPal, never send money as a "Personal" payment. If you choose "Personal" and then "Other", you don't have to pay any fees, although you lose your PayPal protection. Always select "Business" and then "Goods or Services". You'll have to pay a couple extra bucks, but PayPal will protect your money with a full refund just in case.

Good luck and keep us up to date!

Ray@AutoGeek.net
    800-869-3011 x245

Post Thanks / Like

Just don't let too much time pass before contacting paypal. The one time I had a problem with a payment through paypal, I tried to cooperative with the other guy and I didn't need the item immediately. Once he stopped replying to emails, I contacted paypal and my transaction was outside their time limits. So the guy had just toyed with me until there was nothing I could do about it... That was many years ago, not sure what the paypal policy on such things is now, just something to consider when not jumping to conclusions.
    M
    2012 Acura TL Graphite Luster 6MT AWD
    2013 Mazda Mazda3 Velocity Red 6MT

Post Thanks / Like

First of all, did you check to see if the forum member has been logged on since you sent the message?

I wouldn't wait to long either. Do you have any other points of contact for this person? Try and contact him every way possible so that if he didn't actually scam you and is just slow, you still have a reason to file the dispute.

Just because someone is a senior on a forum doesn't mean he wouldn't scam anyone unfortunately. If their is a regional forum find out from the locals if they know of this guy and see if he has a history of selling products there.

Their was some dude that just scammed 3 people on S2ki in the same time frame for the same products. A bunch of scumbags out their.

Post this on the other forum and call the MOFO out. Also paypal usually 90% favors the buyers so you should get your money back either way. I wish you luck OP and keep us updated
    Last edited by SkateForGirl; 07-17-2012 at 10:39 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Sounds like this guy needs an old fashioned Detroit beat down! Good luck Chet, keep us posted!

Oh trust me, I just told my co workers I would dumb enough to kick this guys @$$ if I

seen him but I would probably pull a muscle and get my butt whooped.
    2012 Dodge Challenger RT Classic Bright Silver
    2018 Ford F150 Xlt Sport 4X4 Magnetic Grey

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all very much for the info. I really appreciate it and will keep you posted.

Post Thanks / Like

Used to use PayPal a lot, not so much anymore due to issues outside of the topic on hand.

Couple of points since I've been thru this as a seller/business using them:

They freeze both registgered accounts, yours and his, once the dispute is filed.
    They do have a time frame you need to be within for the dispute to be active, make sure you do not wait too long.
    If you use gift or personal options you are SOL, they basically wont even take the dispute. Never use that option even if the seller insists, offer to pay the fees way safer.
    And lastly, the kicker in my experience, they used to say if a CC was used they would push your off to the CC company and make you worj thru them and some CC companies would not acknowledge the actionas a legtimate business transaction.

What I would do is put him on lbast in that forum, get his personal info ASAP, inform him thru the forum that if he does not respmd by your deadline you will dispute, contact local authorities and contact federal authorities with his contact info. If he feels all that is worth $250 then he has bigger problems than that transaction.

Post Thanks / Like

Someone PayPal me 5k and I'll disappear

“Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

Post Thanks / Like

Made contact with this guy FINALLY. I pm'd him and asked how the shipping was coming. He actually pm'd me back a few hours later and said it was on its way to me. I also found

some videos on you tube of him endorsing the product so that might explain his ability to get more than one of the item in questions. This guys backdooring someone. The saga continues.

It says on paypal I have 45 days to dispute a transaction. I did choose "goods" when I sent the payment. Thanks again for all the advice

Post Thanks / Like

Be sure he doesn't lead you on past the 45 days. Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoyt66 View Post
    Made contact with this guy FINALLY. I pm'd him and asked how the shipping was coming. He actually pm'd me back a few hours later and said it was on its way to me. I also found

some videos on you tube of him endorsing the product so that might explain his ability to get more than one of the item in questions. This guys backdooring someone. The saga continues.

It says on paypal I have 45 days to dispute a transaction. I did choose "goods" when I sent the payment. Thanks again for all the advice

Post Thanks / Like

Smart move when you sent money through paypal as goods and not personal.

I really hope you get your item or your money back! Paypal is always on the buyer side.

I have a love/hate relationship with paypal. It a better way for paying stuff online, if they try to scam you. 90% of the time you get your money back.

But if I was to sell something, and someone tries to scam me and say they didn't get it or it was broken. I'm out $$$$$$.

Be very careful when you sell stuff through paypal. Get every insurance/signed/tracking, etc... to make sure you don't get scammed.
    Gary

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.