autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Sort of question, sort of rant.

I'm not sure where this belongs exactly, but if a mod sees a better fit somewhere else, then fine.

I recently purchased a bottle of polish on autogeek, and after adding it to my cart, I continued shopping as I wanted to get another white CCS pad. OK, click add to cart. $20 was added to the total. Seriously? They added $7.99 for "shipping", on top of the price of the pad even though the weight of it is negligible, and someone could toss it in the box with the polish in 30 seconds.

I wound up buying the pad somewhere else that had it for 6.99 and $6 shipping. $12.99 seems somewhat reasonable for a pad.

If I added a pencil eraser to my order, would I be charged $5.99 shipping? If so, why? I understand they pay for shipping and need to make money, but if I'm paying an extra $6 for every item, why don't they just raise the price of everything and less for shipping. That way I won't feel so bad, and feel that I'm getting screwed.

I'm not really that upset, just more curious than anything else. It has taught me to be a more careful and thoughtful shopper. In times like these, you would think a company would waive an unnecessary fee like that to keep me happy and buying from them. I'm not saying I'm not going buy again, but will research thoroughly each and every time before hitting that buy button. Maybe someone from autogeek could chime in with an explanation. I understand S & H, but not 6-7 dollars for every item. Especially when they don't weigh anything.

On a side note, this forum is awesome and I'm not going anywhere.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sort of question, sort of rant.

Now that you mention it...I thought 20.00 for three small items was a little excessive. Not to mention my order was over 100.00 and when I signed up on here found out I could have had free freight...

Post Thanks / Like

I understand what you mean. But I have made multiple $100+ orders without the free shipping code and shipping was only $20 of so if I can remember correctly. One thing I do and others as well is to build up your cart and wait for a free shipping over a certain amount so you can use a discount code.
    Ryan 2006 Volvo S60 R

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not that worried about it...just after I saw his post I started to think. It was 3 small bottles of product. Total weight of maybe 1.5 lbs. 20.00 seemed a little high.

Post Thanks / Like

Just wait long enough for a free shipping deal to show up.

They seem to happen every couple of weeks, but only for a few hours.

Post Thanks / Like

What you folks are experiencing is that shipping in the AG store is based upon the dollar-value of the order, not on the weight or size of the items. OP, when you added that light and non-fragile item, it bumped you up into the next shipping-cost tier, see here: Shipping Information

I kind of wish they would do it by weight (there was a small place in MI that used to do it that way, so it can't be that hard to do software/webstore-wise), but the downside of that is that gallons and stuff are a fortune to ship then. The old FK distributor used to have $5 flat-rate shipping, those were the days! (and there is one mfr. that still does that when you buy direct).

Easiest way here it to hit a free shipping window or wait for a sale that includes that.

Post Thanks / Like

Yea, last week I saw the fuzion 3 oz. mini on sale for $39.99. Since I wanted to try this, I ordered just that item. Shipping was $11.99!

There is no question that standard shipping charges are way out of line.

I know they ship a lot of liquids but much of their stuff can be shipped priority mail via the USPS at considerable savings over UPS. Priority Mail in most cases is much faster also.

... and they should drop the damn peanuts! Nobody uses those things anymore. Everybody is going to the air bags and paper.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oldgeek View Post
    Yea, last week I saw the fuzion 3 oz. mini on sale for $39.99. Since I wanted to try this, I ordered just that item. Shipping was $11.99!
    They should be ashamed of themselves. $12 for a 3oz. container? That's absolutely insane. And a rip-off. I really wish someone that works for them could explain. They probably can't justify it, therefore won't show up here.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Toy_Cam_Ed View Post
    They should be ashamed of themselves. $12 for a 3oz. container? That's absolutely insane. And a rip-off. I really wish someone that works for them could explain. They probably can't justify it, therefore won't show up here.
    The shipping is a part of the cost of doing business. Wait for a free shipping code, stop whining about it, and relax.
    OptiCoat is a great product. You should try it.
    If you are one of the 43% who do not pay FIT taxes, thank me for paying your share and my share.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I noticed that too. The shipping prices have definitely gone up. I really do wish it was the old school way and charge by weight. I wonder if the rates are the same if you request the package go USPS.
    Alex
    ...."Do the right thing...even when no one is looking"

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast