autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

What would sway you to buy American?

Well as the title states what would nudge ya'll to consider buying American cars? What is it about American cars that you have experienced that makes you not consider them? Or what have you experienced from foreign models that keep you only considering them?

Post Thanks / Like
    Most "American" cars have imported parts. So "American" cars are not usually 100%.

I find that any car is a good car, as long as you take care of it, it should run for many, many miles!
    I had an old Toyota Corolla that has close to 300k miles on it, and ran like a champ. Father in law has a 94 Dodge Dakota with over 200k on it.
    In the business world, the rear-view mirror is always clearer than the windshield.

Post Thanks / Like
    A big bad v8!

Oh, and the fact they only made 315 of them with the lines of the white frc helped me make my decision coming from awd dsm's!

Post Thanks / Like
    Tex, I just mean Basically Ford and General Motors and loosely Chrysler. As the money and support of the vehicles they build help support communities in America far greater then any foreign manufacturer.

Ok so a big bad V8 is what C5 likes (as do I), but it seems that the majority of Americans enjoy corrolas and Hondas, and they sure don't have V8's.

Post Thanks / Like
    Please don't take my post as a bash though.

I'm looking for a Honda or a Corrola to buy for a decent daily. Problem is that the insurance cost will be just as much or more then the Vette. Every car made has its pros and con's for the people looking for those. I'm an equal opportunity car lover!

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm an equal opportunity car lover!
    LMAO.
    I didn't take your post as a bash. So what is it about a corrola or Honda that you like as opposed to something like the Fusion or Impala?

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm looking for a late 90's Accord or Civic. If I get into a car that has some issues its cheap and easy to fix. I can go down to the local pullapart and get a tranny for 150 bucks and have it swapped out in an afternoon. That and their reliability are the main reasons why. Its not gas mileage for the reason I'm looking. The vette gets 19-21 in the city and 28-30 on the highway. Thats pretty hard to beat when you're putting down 400hp.

Post Thanks / Like
    thats some good mileage for 400 hp. I thought I was doing good in my 88 mustang. 26 mpg on the highway with 350 hp.

Ok so your looking for more of a cheap older car.
    I guess I was originally only considering new car sales.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well from the experience of seeing all the cars my parents went through while I was growing up, has taught me that American cars are so-so as far as longevity is concerned. If I was shopping for a truck, you bet it would be American. I love "American" trucks. They take a beating and still run forever.

Post Thanks / Like
    We keep our cars a long time. One's a Ford; one's a Nissan. If you ask me which one I have confidence will make it to 200K miles it would be the foriegn one. Ask which one will develop rattles first, the domestic one.
    I'd love to buy all domestic but first they have to be committed to providing the best product without squeezing quality for the corporate buck.
    It's the same reason that Honda lawn mowers are highly considered, confidence and reliability.

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast