autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Which pressure washer fittings

Hi guys!

2 years ago i purchased a Karcher pressure washer for my Foam Lance and everything worked fine, i bought the Karcher because the shop i got it from assured me there is a service center here in the Philippines, 1 year of once every two weeks to once a month usage later it lost its power around 20% leaving it to perform at around 80% capacity, i then sent it to the mentioned service center and it turns out that they only service pressure washers sold to them and they don't carry parts for my model, i had no choice to buy the pressure washer there in the US because they did not have any pressure washer with over 2000psi to work with the foam lance, the only option they gave me was to try and retrofit my pressure washer with parts for a 1400psi pressure washer which i don't think is a good idea and they charge an arm and a leg for it

So after much thinking i decided to just buy a new one

and here's one that i can get quite at a reasonable price

but since i already have a foam lance i just need to know which pressure washer fitting i need.

RYOBI Tools

RYOBI Tools

RYOBI Tools

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Which pressure washer fittings

Post Thanks / Like
    You don't necessarily need a pressure washer with 2000 psi to use a foam lance. I know some lance manufacturers recommend this, but a lot of us are using them with consumer electric pressure washers in the the 1500-1800 psi range and they are working well.

The Ryobi pressure washer your interested in is of the gas type. The information says it has a quick disconnect on/for the wand. Most likely it's a 3/8" female. But, it may be a 1/4", a larger size, a smaller size, or something proprietary ( it looks as though it's not)

The only way you will know 100% is to have it there in front of you. You could contact the manufacturer, but they may or may not respond. Also, there may be manufacturing changes going to "cheapest bidder" companies they contract to make these things, so the specifics could change anytime.

If its a 3/8" female quick disconnect, which I feel it most likely is, all you will need is a 3/8" male quick disconnect. If you were previously using an electric consumer/pro-sumer Karcher, I'm guessing there is a small piece of pipe that went between your Karcher adapter and the lance. This pipe may or may not fit the internals of the male 3/8" quick disconnect (the threads that screw on the pipe). If it was a gas Karcher, things will be different.

Again, I'm thinking the only way you will know this for 100% sure is to have everything in front of you. Here in the states, these quick disconnect fittings are available locally at most big box hardware stores like Lowes.