autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 9 of 291 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959109 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know if any of their products are useful on a pro or even semi pro level but Ollie's a closeout chain in PA, MD, possibly other states is selling Armorall products, mainly in pop-up dispensers for 1/2 price. They also have Black Magic wheel products, including their Magic Bullet foam wheel cleaner/ polisher for $8. They had at least 50 when I was there. Checking on-line reviews of the 3 majors, Mother's, Maguiar's and Black Magic, they came in 3rd. But they also cost 1/3 that of they other mfg's similar items. Anyone try one?

I checked their site. Ollie's is in 13 states in the Eastern 1/3 of the country. PA, MD, NJ, NC, SC, OH, MI, KY, NY, DE, WV, and 2 others.
    Learning to detail for fun and to show my 96 Ford SVT Cobra, Black. My dad always said I was going to wax the paint right off my car. Would wax every weekend. GG 6" DAP

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Incredibly Cheap Finds

Stoner Invisible glass for 3 bucks a can, and 18 MF towels for 6 Bucks at Wally world yesterday.

Post Thanks / Like

I was once given a bottle of Tuff Stuff Multi-Purpose Foam Cleaner and I love it. There is a lot of uses for it is found just about anywhere from $3.00-$3.50 a bottle. Usually I go to Dollar General stores where I get my cans of Tuff Stuff there and I have also gotten the Dollar General brand Auto Tire Shine Spray that comes in 24 oz bottle for $3.50. Doesn't last long on the tire itself but it does good when using it on the undercarriage and wheel wells.

Post Thanks / Like

my wife will be totally surprised when I show her I can shop for sales and stuff. I will try to post my forays of good deals if and when I find them.

Super Member Anthony@zerboautoworks's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tnxm42 View Post
    Stoner Invisible glass for 3 bucks a can, and 18 MF towels for 6 Bucks at Wally world yesterday.
    Hopefully those wally world MF towels don't touch paint.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony@zerboautoworks View Post
    Hopefully those wally world MF towels don't touch paint.
    I thought the same thing years ago when I started buying MFs from Sam's Club. Fast forward nearly four year now, and everything from Porsche's to Mercedes and BMWs, they have been so much more than I could have hoped for -- seriously surprisingly great results time and time again. What I like most is they are so cost effective I will use a new batch on 5-10 clients' vehicles MAX and then simply transition them to wheel microfibers, and then discard them.

If you care properly for them, keep them sealed in airtight containers free of any contaminants, and of course never cross between paint and wheels... they are amazingly effective, and I have held/use/purchased the much more expensive microfibers many times over to compare them against... and honestly... I just don't get the difference in cost, seems ridiculously silly. If I can't tell a difference, the client is ecstatic with the ultimate result, and I lower my operating costs all at the same time, it's a win-win-win!
    "Don't Drive Dull!"
    Carsmetic Rehabilitation Detailologist: Aesthetic Actualization

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spiney View Post
    I don't know if any of their products are useful on a pro or even semi pro level but Ollie's a closeout chain in PA, MD, possibly other states is selling Armorall products, mainly in pop-up dispensers for 1/2 price. They also have Black Magic wheel products, including their Magic Bullet foam wheel cleaner/ polisher for $8. They had at least 50 when I was there. Checking on-line reviews of the 3 majors, Mother's, Maguiar's and Black Magic, they came in 3rd. But they also cost 1/3 that of they other mfg's similar items. Anyone try one?

I checked their site. Ollie's is in 13 states in the Eastern 1/3 of the country. PA, MD, NJ, NC, SC, OH, MI, KY, NY, DE, WV, and 2 others.
    Ollie's is around here in Ohio too, it's a lot like another discount chain called Marc's Drugstore (there are around 100 Marc's stores in Ohio). They have a special section called "Aisle One" where they bring in closeouts and products from overturned or water-damaged semi-trucks, for pennies on the dollar even though the products are still flawless in every way (insurance write-off, they can't sell the products as new any longer). Anyway... I have seen time and time again until I lost count Meg's Clay Bar Kits for UNDER $10, along with other amazing finds that blow me away! For example, I know it isn't cream of the crop... but Armor's "Butter Wax" was literally $2.99, ha!
    "Don't Drive Dull!"
    Carsmetic Rehabilitation Detailologist: Aesthetic Actualization

Super Member Anthony@zerboautoworks's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't get me wrong I buy the cheap 24 packs at Sams club for wheels,interiors,engine detailing and more but when it comes to body panels , I would rather not take the chance and skimp on MF towels, that are touching the clear coat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony@zerboautoworks View Post
    Don't get me wrong I buy the cheap 24 packs at Sams club for wheels,interiors,engine detailing and more but when it comes to body panels , I would rather not take the chance and skimp on MF towels, that are touching the clear coat.
    Ok, I agree but are their value priced MF towels that are good for Clear Coat?

I have some Cobras bought from AG for my final buff & polish. But as an amateur who is doing my own car & families I can't afford a drawer full of Cobra plush towels. What else is OK? Something in the middle range? Thanks, Spiney-Dave
    Learning to detail for fun and to show my 96 Ford SVT Cobra, Black. My dad always said I was going to wax the paint right off my car. Would wax every weekend. GG 6" DAP

Post Thanks / Like
    I read on here a year or more ago a post about using some sort of cleaner, I think it was glass cleaner from Home Depot on wheels with amazing results. Anyone know what product that is. The poster didn't share, and it wasn't on this particular thread. They said it was their goto secret for shiny wheels. Is there something like that, for chrome wheels?

Thanks, Spiney-Dave

Page 9 of 291 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959109 ... LastLast