autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Any mobile detailers use a Tablet/iPad?

Any mobile detailers use a tablet/iPad when working with customers to sell your services?

Do you find it beneficial to you and your customer using this technology?

What apps do you find to be helpful?

Pros and Cons?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Any mobile detailers use a Tablet/iPad?

Getting an iPad this week so interested I responses.
    Luxury Mobile Auto Detailing
    Pensacola & Orlando

Post Thanks / Like

I dont use a iPad since the cost of a 3g plan is not worth it to me for the data they give you. It would be rude to use a customer's wifi also so i just stick with my iphone for payments if they use a credit card. If you use a iPad or other tablet i would use it for pictures only, maybe make yourself a nice collage of before and afters and use those for demonstration purposes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RhetoricMixes View Post
    I dont use a iPad since the cost of a 3g plan is not worth it to me for the data they give you. It would be rude to use a customer's wifi also so i just stick with my iphone for payments if they use a credit card. If you use a iPad or other tablet i would use it for pictures only, maybe make yourself a nice collage of before and afters and use those for demonstration purposes.
    I was thinking of using it as a tool to show customers before and after pictures to help educate the customer that doesn't understand clay bar, paint correction, etc..

Post Thanks / Like

I started the exact same thread if you do a search. No one really had any answers. I was super dissapointed to find that Itunes nor Android really has any programs geared towards auto repair/detailing. Seems like it would be a no brainier. I use my Ipad for emailing invoices and doing quotes. Ill sometimes show off some pics but most people just want to know my prices. Not many/if any people ask me for pics.

I tell you what, if I could learn how to write programs, I would be a rich man right now. Talk about an untapped market.

Post Thanks / Like
    A bit off topic. I have an iPad 3. Great screen and best camera of the 3 models. My Mother in Law was in a bad accident last Monday. Not her fault, she was rear ended by a box truck full of seafood. The guy was looking at his gps and never braked. Drove her into the car in front of her. Totaled her Corolla. She is ok but very bruised and torn rotator cuff. I had my iPad and shot pictures for insurance, possible legal action, and to show family.

It would be a great tool to show your portfolio on. I didn't get the 4G model and after 3 months, I don't miss it. I have an iPhone if I need Internet access. With the right app you could invoice, get a release, run their credit card. Do everything paperless. Also use it to track your inventory then go straight to AG to renew your stock.
    Learning to detail for fun and to show my 96 Ford SVT Cobra, Black. My dad always said I was going to wax the paint right off my car. Would wax every weekend. GG 6" DAP

Post Thanks / Like
    I found some software and if I can find the link I'll post it. Just don't have access to my computer now. It was geared more toward body shop industry but there would be a lot of uses out of it for the detailer. It had forms for service selection, diagrams of all vehicles where you could not precious damage or maybe highlight specific fixes you were going to do, and also billing and invoice sections. It was rather expensive and I didn't get it bc I couldn't justify buying just detailing part time. I could see where it would look very professional for a full timer.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I use my IPAD will the square card reader App. I have my packages pre programmed as well as a la carte. It helps with book keeping for tax purposes. My clients love the technology and it adds to the professional image. The only downside is paying for the addition 3G service but in my opinion it is well worth it.

www.mooreattention2detail.com
    Last edited by tmoore; 05-21-2012 at 09:25 PM. Reason: add web address

Post Thanks / Like

A detailng friend of mine who has his own really respected shop in Burbank, CA uses an iPad. what he uses it for, he use numbers and pages to track his clients cars and what services were provided. He also use the credit card attachment for when he sends his guys out mobile style. He also stores pictures of his work on there to show his clients the quality work he does.
    Back to the full-time grind.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiney View Post
    A bit off topic. I have an iPad 3. Great screen and best camera of the 3 models. My Mother in Law was in a bad accident last Monday. Not her fault, she was rear ended by a box truck full of seafood. The guy was looking at his gps and never braked. Drove her into the car in front of her. Totaled her Corolla. She is ok but very bruised and torn rotator cuff. I had my iPad and shot pictures for insurance, possible legal action, and to show family.

It would be a great tool to show your portfolio on. I didn't get the 4G model and after 3 months, I don't miss it. I have an iPhone if I need Internet access. With the right app you could invoice, get a release, run their credit card. Do everything paperless. Also use it to track your inventory then go straight to AG to renew your stock.
    What app can run credit cards?

Sent from my iPhone using AG Online
    David 2000 Ford F-350 DRW CCLB BLACK/GOLD
    Wish list:
    Everything Mike has in his garage for detailing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast