autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Attended a Maguiar's factory demo today

Thanks to an invite by our own Tuscarora Dave I attended a Meguiar's factory demo today at BAPS auto paint supplies in Lemoyne PA. The factory rep's name was Dan. He was very knowledgeable and a good presenter.

The main demo was of the microfiber system. I got very lucky and he used my car to demo on. While he only worked on a small area of the hood and fender he showed how easy it is to correct swirl marks and rids. For me he took away the fear of machine correcting. He also gave us many tips for using Meg's products. I took some pictures and will upload them once I resize for use on the forum.

One tip I learned was using Meg's Final Inspection for quick touch up instead of QD because it has anti-static properties. When you use it the car will collect much less dust. So I picked up a bottle while I was there.

We also had a very good question and answer session. Dan was very knowledgeable on all aspects of detailing, inside and out.

I also want to say that Tuscarora Dave is as nice or nicer in real life as he is here. I hope to make my next visit to his shop. If a similar demo comes to your area do yourself a favor and attend if at all possible. Spiney-Dave
    Learning to detail for fun and to show my 96 Ford SVT Cobra, Black. My dad always said I was going to wax the paint right off my car. Would wax every weekend. GG 6" DAP

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Attended a Maguiar's factory demo today

That's interesting about Final Inspection vs QD.

Post Thanks / Like

Very cool!
    Tim
    "I have done so much with so little for so long.
    Now I can do anything with nothing"

Post Thanks / Like

How do you find out about these demos?
    Jacob

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome Dave!

Since you have one swirl free spot on your car I am assuming you will be finishing it up yourself with the same system?
    Ryan 2006 Volvo S60 R

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, now I got one nice spot on the hood and fender I need to finish her up. I couldn't tell at the demo because of fading light, but when I got home the area he worked was swirl free but kind of hazy. I went over it with Ultimate Quick Wax Spray and then it came up nice gloss black. Not sure why the haze was there in the first place.
    Learning to detail for fun and to show my 96 Ford SVT Cobra, Black. My dad always said I was going to wax the paint right off my car. Would wax every weekend. GG 6" DAP

Post Thanks / Like
    As far as how you find out, I found out from TuscaroraDave. He found out by seeing a flyer on the counter at the Paint Supply Dealer. But they promoted it on their website. I would guess Meguiar's promotes them on their forum or website. Maybe Mr. Phillips can chime in on that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spiney View Post
    Yes, now I got one nice spot on the hood and fender I need to finish her up. I couldn't tell at the demo because of fading light, but when I got home the area he worked was swirl free but kind of hazy. I went over it with Ultimate Quick Wax Spray and then it came up nice gloss black. Not sure why the haze was there in the first place.
    Maybe needs a final polish with a finishing foam pad? Foam pads cut less than MF in general.

Mike Phillips

Re: Attended a Meguiar's factory demo today

Quote Originally Posted by timaishu View Post
    How do you find out about these demos?
    Dave aka tuscaroradave posted a thread about... you need to be on the forum everyday!

Quote Originally Posted by Spiney View Post

I would guess Meguiar's promotes them on their forum or website. Maybe Mr. Phillips can chime in on that.

When I ran MOL if I new about it I would post a thread about it and I always encouraged the Meguiar's Reps in the field to share these kinds of clinics with me to share with the forum members.

Just to note in the past these types of clinics were dedicated towards the individual Reps customer base and they would tend to limit the number of people outside their customer base that could attend just to make sure they took care of their customers first.

If you get a chance to go to any Meguiar's clinic try to go, Meguiar's employees are all very well trained. Mike Pennington is in charge of all training and does a stellar job of keeping everyone on message.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by ForceField View Post
    Maybe needs a final polish with a finishing foam pad? Foam pads cut less than MF in general.
    Foam pads finish out more consistently than fiber pads. With fiber pads, there's always the potential for each individual fiber to leave it's own cut in the paint.

I've done a lot of testing on black paint and what holds true for black holds true for all paints and to date, foam still finishes out better than fiber pads.

I post this all the time and here goes again... keep in mind the target market the Meguiar's Microfiber DA Correction System is targeted at.... production detailers. Not people looking for the ultimate show car finish.

It's a great system and in fact I'll be teaching this system in my detailing class this weekend. But I'll tell the class the same thing I posted above...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast