autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Selling my C6 Z06...

Quote Originally Posted by timaishu View Post
    Ick. In my opinion, the problem with the challenger is it is way to thick vertically. If they took the body and squished it 4-6 inches, it would be a sick looking car. As it is, it looks very cheap and tacky to me.
    I agree that it looks too thick vertically and that it would look sooo much better if it wasn't. I wonder if it looks so thick because it is so short. I'm a huge fan of the 1970 Superbird. It was a limited production car made for NASCAR racing that went over 200 mph in 1970. The front nose piece and the rear wing are FUNCTIONAL. The nose piece makes the car more aerodynamic, and on the Superbird, the rear wing generated 500 lbs of down force. It had two steel tubes on each side of the wing, bolted directly to the frame, because otherwise it would crush the bodywork. The rear wing is so high because the trunk needed to open. The body pieces are in fact a form follows function design, and that is always a good thing.

I have to wonder if those who don't like the look of this body kit like the original Superbird.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 07 z-oh-6 View Post
    It's been a really fun 2 years with the Z06! It would be a solid financial move for me to sell it. I'm going to replace it with a 2009 Nissan 370Z(white or silver). I've always liked these cars!
    I love my 2012 Nissan 370Z (it's my dream car), trust me you'll too. I detailed her for like the eighth time yesterday, it's hard here in Houston because the humidity is kicking in ( after using ONR I had to switch to my favorite spray wax four star, just to be sure i had no curing issues). The very first time i detailed her I used the Dodo Juice combo, the LSP's used were Banana Armour and Austintacious allowed 24 hours for curing between coats of course (still holding up very well after two months, very impressed with the combo, wanted to use my WG Fuzion but these were christmas gifts, plus Dodo Juice isn't in my arsenal for nothing). Since i made sure there where no dealer installed swirls, i used Prima Amigo as my polish after washing with ONR and claying with Pinnacle clay ( I'm really impressed with the Prima Amigo) . When i first took delivery of Vanity (that's my Z's name) i made sure no one touched her. After waiting 7 months of waiting for her to be built in Tochigi Japan (where all Z's and GT-R's are built) with my options trust me, it's worth the wait. I have after pics of my very first time detailing her, i'll post later, and i'll post the one's i'll take this weekend too, she's my garage queen. Thinking about applying some Dodo Juice Red Tropical Mist, but it really isn't needed, just another characteristic of being a detailing fanatic
    Last edited by Streetlife; 05-02-2012 at 09:08 AM.
    The Gleam Master Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 07 z-oh-6 View Post
    At a BMW dealership. Just picked up an 09 brilliant silver metallic 370z. No paintwork. 8k miles, sports package, manual tranny, with plenty of DISO!!!!
    Best of luck with your new Ride Mark.

Rick

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blackthorn One View Post
    I agree that it looks too thick vertically and that it would look sooo much better if it wasn't. I wonder if it looks so thick because it is so short. I'm a huge fan of the 1970 Superbird. It was a limited production car made for NASCAR racing that went over 200 mph in 1970. The front nose piece and the rear wing are FUNCTIONAL. The nose piece makes the car more aerodynamic, and on the Superbird, the rear wing generated 500 lbs of down force. It had two steel tubes on each side of the wing, bolted directly to the frame, because otherwise it would crush the bodywork. The rear wing is so high because the trunk needed to open. The body pieces are in fact a form follows function design, and that is always a good thing.

I have to wonder if those who don't like the look of this body kit like the original Superbird.
    Im gonna guess it has to do with some sort of safety bs. The ford taurus is the same as well. These rising wastelines are ruining the looks of these cars.
    Jacob

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567