autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Longer Pressure Washer Hose...

So my fiancee's neighbor complained about the pressure washer being loud and "vibrating" his house. So I was trying to be nice about the situation and offer an agreeable solution and move the pressure washer from the end of the driveway to the landing by the steps. This would require me to get a longer pressure washer hose. Will a longer hose degrade the performance of the pressure washer in a sense I'll lose some water pressure and flow? Thanks in advance.
    Alex
    ...."Do the right thing...even when no one is looking"

Post Thanks / Like
    Easier solution is to run down to the tool rental joint and pick up a jackhammer. The second he sees you pulling it out of the car he will no longer complain about the PW noise. Other than that, I have no Porsche Pilot wisdom to pass on.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Longer Pressure Washer Hose...

LMMFAO Ed!!! I know right! He's that guy that complains about everything. He and his wife used to sit on the board of directors for the home owners association and I guess they're just used to complaining about everything. This wasn't the first time they complained and my fiancee said that she was surprised that the didn't complain sooner. They complained on the neighbor on the other side of them becaus she'd let her dogs go out and shirt on the deck in the winter time. She'd later go clean it up. IMO I don't see anything wrong with what she did....its HER BUSINESS!!! Its not like she let it accumulate and left it there for days on end.
    Alex

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a neighbor like that. Retired and way too nosy for his own good. I started mowing the grass wearing nothing but a thong and a top hat...you know, to keep it classy and all. He doesn't come around much anymore.

Post Thanks / Like

LMMFAO!!! Why am I NOT surprised you did that LMMFAO!!!
    Alex

opie_7afe

seriously? tell him to shove it, seriously your not disturbing the peace, tell him call the police if he complains, cops will come say whats the problem and they will tell the dude to stop being a pain.i refuse to have anybody telling me what i can an cannot do where im at unless there is a law against it i don't bow down to neighbors complaining about insignificant things, i can maybe understand if they have a newborn child but that would be the only time i will bow down to them. a longer hose can reduce pressure and water output if long enough but for washing a car, difference wont be noticeable. and darn you ed, that was my idea to do when i move into a new place, first thing i will do to my yard is mow in a polka dot or leopard print mankini LOL.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Porsche Pilot View Post
    Easier solution is to run down to the tool rental joint and pick up a jackhammer. The second he sees you pulling it out of the car he will no longer complain about the PW noise. Other than that, I have no Porsche Pilot wisdom to pass on.
    Who'd a thunk it!!

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

Matt...trust me man...I'm TOTALLY with you on this. I was PISSED when he said something and I really did want to tell him to go kick rocks. I was well within the noise ordiance. Like I said...they're the type of people who WANT something to complain about. When I detailed my sisters roomate's car, they happened to pull up right as I was pulling up with her. They're the type of people that never stay outside too long...not even when they're doing yard work. They only stay out for alittle bit. They were hanging around the garage when the customer and I were walking around the car. The wife was sitting there watching us, and I KNOW she was trying to see if money was going to exchange hands. I don't have my LLC established yet, and I'm not reigstered with the city and county to run a business, but I'm currently looking into it.
    Alex

Post Thanks / Like
    Even if you do get licensed, check the homeowner association CCRs to make sure they don't have a restriction on running a business out of your home.

Post Thanks / Like

Good point...I haven't found anything (yet) in the docs that state you can or can't run a business. I think I may have to ask them personally.
    Alex

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast