autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

How would you handle this

ok so what would everyone else do. Back in early feb My GF was looking for a new car..She wanted a Subaru impreza 5door. We went to the dealer saw what she liked and they had an STi o the showroom floor..i wasnt looking for a car but I really liked this and decided I wanted to trade my Mustang for one. i worked with the dealer we ran numbers did credit and all and I decided I will order one.
    Well thats basically where he stopped talking to me. I called him about 6times over a 1month span asking a few questions leaving voicemails. I had to stop in once to get him to even acknowledge me and ask about a dealer trade on 2 different cars that where coming in and he blew me off basically. I called him about 4weeks ago saying I am ready to buy my GF impreza there is a car I would like you to dealer trade for it.
    Never heard back after leaving that voicemail. I was already pissed at him so i bought my WRX at another dealer as well and bought my GF her impreza at another dealer. well yesterday he finally calls me to say hey that STi has arrived. Well all this time he blew me off and blew off me wanting to buy my GF car off him and doesnt call me till this car comes in.
    Plus he lied to me about what interest rate I was going to get which is what i based the order of the STi from. if I woulda known it was gonna be a little higher I woulda never ordered it cause I wasnt willing to pay that much for it. So would you guys even call him back and leave a message saying sorry you screwed yourself by blowing me off or should I just ignore him like he ignored me.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How would you handle this

be the bigger man and call him back and let him know you do not need his service anymore cause you found someone that was willing to help you while he was on vacation. when he tells you he was not on vacation then tell him you just figured he was since he never answered his phone or returned any of your calls for the last month

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd call the sales manager after you've had a little chance to get it into perspective and let him know what your thoughts about the whole situation were.

Just my opinion.

Paul

Post Thanks / Like

Just ignore it...if you have your car now and are happy, don't worry about it and let sleeping dogs lie.
    Waxin' Willys Detailing
    Like us on Facebook!

Post Thanks / Like

Why bend over backwards to make this guy feel better, obviously he could care less on how you felt during the process.

Then again, I would want to put it to bed and just call him and end it and not deal with this guy hounding me down.

Mark

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

I might call the sales manager and tell him and not even bother talking to the sales guy

Post Thanks / Like

Find another car and buy it, bring it to that dealership, get the sales manager over with the salesman and let him know what happened. How hard is it to return a phone call?!
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Find another car and buy it, bring it to that dealership, get the sales manager over with the salesman and let him know what happened. How hard is it to return a phone call?!
    I already bought both cars from another dealer. he lost 2 sales. This first time I ever really had this issue. normally they hound you but this guy couldnt even call me back..and he is the so called internet manager and I even emailed him and got no reply

Post Thanks / Like

Just tell him you've moved on and no longer need his services. If he presses you, ask to speak with the sales manager and explain the situation to him.

Post Thanks / Like

call him back and let him know you bought your 2 cars at another dealership since he didn't return your calls. He should know that his actions had consequences. He then has the option of changing his behaviour for the next customer or not.

If you just ignore him, then he might hound you or figure you weren't a serious customer anyway.
    I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
    ~Tim

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast