autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Horrible experience with SEARS

I have always always liked SEARS because the fact they sell craftsman tools...
    Almost everything i have tool related is from craftsman

So i thought since their tools are liftime warranty, their presure washer wouldnt be that bad.

After i found out there was something called the "Foam Cannon" I was like i need to find a pressure washer ASAP, originally i bought a electric one from Northern Tool, for about 110$ w/tax. So i tried using it to wash my floor and house and found it was too weak...

So i decide to return the electric and got a gas powered from Sears.
    Craftsman made w/ Briggs & Straton engine.

I have this washer not even 2 months, and i found out everytime i turn it off, i'd have to wait about an hour for it to cool down before it'd let me start it again.

Brought it back to Sears and they said it will have to go in for service, and i asked how long. They told me within 10 days i will have it back, i dropped it off 03/14/2012.
    So i would call them pretty much everyday and ask if it's back yet, and i always get told it will be here 2 days from now, or wendesday, friday.

Bottom line they do not know when it's going to come back except telling me, (I WILL RECEIVE A CALL ONCE ITS BACK FROM SERVICE)

So i asked the manager, if i never receive a call, does that mean i will never get it back then?

And they think im being unreasonable, when im simply asking for a date when it will be back, instead of being told a different DATE EVERYTIME i call or go in to the store to ask.

Guys i mean, this machine is not even 2 months old, and is giving me problems.
    I paid close to 300$ for this machine, did not even have it in my possession for more than 2 months!! Yet it's in service for almost the amount of time i have actually own this.
    That's absurd. And just the fact they keep saying i get a call when it's ready, so what does that mean!?!??!?!?

Think it as this way.
    U brought a brand new car, 2 months later u find out that, once u turn it off, u will not be able to turn it back on until the engine is cool down.

U bring it in for warranty, they tell u, u will get it back this xxx date, u go there and ask is my car ready? They tell u no it will be another week. Fine!! Another week gone by u go and ask again where is my car.
    They tell u (U WILL GET A CALL WHEN IT'S DONE), but WHEN DOES THAT MEAN!??!?!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Horrible experience with SEARS

^^ Sorry to hear about your luck! I too am a HUGE craftsman sorta guy, almost everything I own is craftsman. The only reason why its almost is because now I am starting to buy Kobalt whenever I need a new tool (which isnt too often, since I have enough tools to run a small car repair shop with what I have). Kobalt gives you the same warranty, same sorta "bring your tool in and we replace it" vs some others lifetime warranty of having to send the piece out. Their tools are of very high quality, though I really REALLY wish they could come out with a 84 tooth ratchet so I do not have to drool at the ones that snap-on sells ( I cannot justify over $100 for a ratchet... sorry, I cannot). And I know lowes is not going anywhere any time soon. I cannot say the same about Kmart/Sears.

Oh and just so you know (not sure if you know this or not) electrical items do not fall under the lifetime warranty with Sears products. Again, not sure if you knew that but just as a heads up so you can make an appropriate decision next time you are looking for something.
    Why was the Energizer Bunny arrested?... He was charged with battery.

Post Thanks / Like

First off, I'm really sorry to hear about your experience. You'd think with them going under, they'd step up their game with customer service to make sure the customer returns and spends more money.

It amazes me seeing companies pride themselves off of good customer service let it go downhill...either the company gets too big or, as one person pointed out to me, too complacent. To me, thats the problem...GREED....they try to get too big and then look...they gotta close shop. What they fail to realize is that EVERY customer is important...not just the new ones.

That being said, I've had mixed customer service at Sears...I tried to take back my creeper seat because it broke and exchange it for a new one...even the more expensive one. The first store I tried to take it back to the guy said flat out no. Not even an attempt. The second store I tried to take it back at the guy said NO PROBLEM...however they didn't have it. He tried to upsell to the most expensive one and I was like...eeehhh I don't know about that. He said he'd give me 10% off if I took it out of the store. Now THATS customer service!
    Alex
    ...."Do the right thing...even when no one is looking"

Post Thanks / Like
    As someone who had a dad that had a love for anything craftsman growing up , sears is nothing but a shell of what it was 30 years ago. I don't even bother with them hardly at all now. Maybe a hand tool (non power) but that's about it. All china made like so much other stuff.
    2018 Subaru Outback Touring 3.6R Crystal White Pearl, 2014 Ford F-150 FX4 - Oxford White Clearcoat.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    As someone who had a dad that had a love for anything craftsman growing up , sears is nothing but a shell of what it was 30 years ago. I don't even bother with them hardly at all now. Maybe a hand tool (non power) but that's about it. All china made like so much other stuff.
    Yep, exactly and how unfortunate too. The stories just keep piling on. I have 2 of them and I am so done I just don't have the energy to share.

They won't survive beyond 2019 unless they buy Apple. ;-)

Post Thanks / Like

Wife and I recently had a funny experience with Sears,

We went in to purchase a Mongoose bike and took receipt after purchase to package pickup. Greeted immediately and young man took ticket into back stock. As we are waiting we see a poster offering 5 minutes or less or 5.00 off purchase. We look up and see our time at about 3 minutes. Didnt think much about it until it got to 4 minutes and 38 seconds. We started to watch it as heard NOT A PEEP from the stockman, and all the sudden the clock stops just under 5 minutes. We wait and wait another 10 minutes before he returns with item. No explanation, no apology, and other than a survellience video camera nobody would know of this delay. Funny thing as we were wheeling out the Manager's board suggested to clients this store has a 99% accurancy on time met in past three months !!

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Craftsman is made in China now, so obviously the quality has taken a big hit. Last tool I bought from them was a set of pry bars that snapped the first time I used it. Needless to say, wont be buying their chinese garbage anymore.

2012 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 - Torch Red

Post Thanks / Like

Sadly, Sears/Craftsman has REALLY gone down the dumper.

Took and old (maybe 30 year old) impact socket (the 'real' black type) back. It was just getting worn out, not busted. I was told in uncertain terms that I had abused it (socket) by using it with an impact wrench!

After a few choice (some of the military language) words. I just walked out and have never been back into a Sears/KMart since.

They just didn't give a damn about their guarantee or customer satisfaction.

Oh this was in 2007.

Rant over...

Bill

Post Thanks / Like

I worked for Sears during college a few years back.

We were a B-line store, much smaller and in a small-ish town, so we got away with some of the stuff the larger stores didn't.

If the store did their job right and got the service set-up and item sent out quickly, then they are really at the mercy of the repair shop. This is still no excuse, and if we ever left a customer hanging we'd do anything we could to make them happy. We loaned machines right off the floor, gave out coupons, free oil/blades/string/accessories, anything to make them happy.

For a lot of stuff, the replacement warranty was the best bet. If something broke, you got a brand new replacement IMMEDIATELY. Not sure what their policy is now, though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BillE View Post
    Sadly, Sears/Craftsman has REALLY gone down the dumper.

Took and old (maybe 30 year old) impact socket (the 'real' black type) back. It was just getting worn out, not busted. I was told in uncertain terms that I had abused it (socket) by using it with an impact wrench!

After a few choice (some of the military language) words. I just walked out and have never been back into a Sears/KMart since.

They just didn't give a damn about their guarantee or customer satisfaction.

Oh this was in 2007.

Rant over...

Bill

That is a shame!

I remember when I was really little (maybe 5 or 6) my dad was plowing his little garden on the side of the house and found a rusted pair of needle nose pliers, could barely tell they were craftsman and they were completely froze up. He took them into Sears and without blinking an eye they swapped them out for a new pair. I do not know how many tape measures I destroyed when I was little, while playing with them that he had to get replaced as well.

I understand that kinda stuff is a direct hit to the company, but thats what made their warranty so great and people coming back to buy more and have more brand loyalty.
    Why was the Energizer Bunny arrested?... He was charged with battery.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast