autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

STAY AWAY from Air Compressors Direct!

Im beyond aggravated right now and want to vent specifically to you guys because I don't want the same thing happening to you.

I placed an order for a 15 gal Air compressor from Air Compressors Direct. Their site said it was in stock and it will process the same day if in stock. After the 2nd business day it still said "Processing." Funny thing is I made an order from AUTOGEEK the same day and already had my shipment 2 days later. These people had not even processed the order yet. So I called to talk to a human to see what the deal was.

The woman I spoke to on the phone seemed more than irritated with me that I was asking when my order was going to ship out. "It SAYS right there on the site it takes 3-4 business days if the item is not in stock!" Well the item said it was in stock on the site. Otherwise I would have purchased elsewhere. "It says right there on the site. Well let you know when it ships!"

I told her how poor her attitude was towards a customer that just dropped a few hundred bucks and was simply inquiring about a tracking number.

I wrote their Customer service and gave them all the details. That was a week ago. I got no reply. Obviously they don't care.

FINALLY today I got my compressor! I washed the drool off my new Tornador Black that I just got from AG and opened the box. There was a box inside the box. The box inside had scrapes and holes in the edge. It looked like someone drug it around a warehouse. I opened the box and there was oil everywhere. it was thick, bluish and coated everything in there. Not cool. So after cleaning this thing up I decided to install the handle, wheels, and see what the instructions said about starting it. There were no instructions. Just an exploded diagram. WTH!

So the regulator looked funny hanging from a cable. Come to find out the regulator was busted off the tank. Threads stripped out as well. Theres no way to fix or use this Compressor.

So I called the company again and talked to a guy that didn't seem bothered at all that I got a broken product. He quickly blamed fed-ex. Ill go to bat for fed-ex because the outside box was not damaged at all. All the damage was from the inside box. I have a lot of pictures too.

He offered me a refund once the product was picked up from fed-ex. At first I was said I just wanted a working replacement. But after thinking about it I agreed to the refund. HE DIDNT EVEN TRY TO MAKE IT RIGHT by offering a working replacement! He wouldn't even send it out until the broken one was returned or even offer me the chance to even purchase another one. Just plain awful company.

I would like to say Ive been spoiled by AG but giving customers completely awesome service and help on a consistent basis shouldn't be abnormal. AG treats us the way a company should. Thats why Im a loyal customer. Thanks AG. And also, stay away from PED stores. They suck.
    Kris R
    360detail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Kris R
    360detail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Re: STAY AWAY from Air Compressors Direct!

I'm sorry for your issues...I have a rule that if I've never ordered from a company before, I will call their customer service to ask about the products i'm interested in just to see how they act. If there customer service sucks on the front end how do you think it will be when they have your money...you found out the hard way.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow man sucks to see this. Ill make sure anyone I know stays away from this company.

You should go to Sears and look at the Craftsman ones. Their really nice. I got one a while ago on sale for 250. Its a 33 gallon 1.6 gallon oil free pump. I use it religously and never had a problem.

Post Thanks / Like
    Both those are great ideas. Especially calling ahead of time. I'm looking at a dewalt at home depot. It has the Cfms I need. 100 more but will be worth it.
    Kris R
    360detail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kris R View Post
    Both those are great ideas. Especially calling ahead of time. I'm looking at a dewalt at home depot. It has the Cfms I need. 100 more but will be worth it.
    Tried looking on Craigslist or the local pawn shop ?

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

I caught a craftsman compressor on sale at sears...
    It is originally 400$ and i got it for 240$....
    It's the best RED one they carry...
    dont remember the cfm.... but is the most expensive red one they sell

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry to hear about your bad experience with this company. It just shows everyone how great AG customer service is.

At least they offered a refund for you and didn't give you a hard time about it.
    2011 SEMA Meguiar's Car Crazy Showcase Team
    2016 Competition Ready Barn Find Porsche Team

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marc08EX View Post
    I'm sorry to hear about your bad experience with this company. It just shows everyone how great AG customer service is.

At least they offered a refund for you and didn't give you a hard time about it.
    well I should hope so. I didn't even get to use the thing.

Craigslist is a great idea. duh! lol I don't know why I didn't try that. Ill let you know if I find anything..
    Kris R
    360detail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Its funny you mention this. I was just thinking about how annoying it is for my foamer to come in I bought from Pressure washer direct. A PED store as well. It took a week or so for the item to process and is going to take another couple days now since they just sent it. Now I am concerned about the condition it will be in. We will see Friday I guess??
    Why was the Energizer Bunny arrested?... He was charged with battery.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast