autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

What car should I get?

Hey guys, I'm about to get the first "big boy" job I've ever had. I'll be making a decent salary for me. I'm looking to buy a new car in the next year or year and a half and I want to have a good goal to set my eye on. So he are my options. I would love input on which one you would choose and why. OR another car you think I should look at. Also I want something fairly sporty and I'm trying to stay under $25K.

BRAND NEW Honda Civic Si - Good fuel economy, I'll be buying it new so thats a plus.

BRAND NEW Scion Tc - Good fuel economy, I know Toyota engine's backward and forward.

BRAND NEW Toyota Corolla S or XRS - Cheapest of the cars so far, it would be my 3rd Corolla (I drive an '07 Corolla right now) but not really as sporty as I would like.

USED Nissan 350Z or 370Z - It'll be used so thats kind of a bummer but an awesome car. For sure the quickest out of the ones listed. But I don't know much about Nissan so pro's or con's are welcome.

Lets get some feedback!
    Rule 62: Don't take yourself to d*mn seriously
    Cincinnati, OH
    Shawn

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What car should I get?

HONDA!!!! HANDS DOWN!!! I say that because I'm a Honda fan for life. I've had an 03 and an 08 Accord EX, and now I have the Acura TSX. Aside from regular oil and filter changes, tire rotation, and brakes, there is no major service until 105k miles. They're EXTREMELY easy to work on and the parts are reasonably priced. They're just all around well built vehicles that last. There are tons of places to get OEM parts at a discounted rate (HandA). I will always own a Honda.
    Alex
    ...."Do the right thing...even when no one is looking"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alko View Post
    HONDA!!!! HANDS DOWN!!! I say that because I'm a Honda fan for life. I've had an 03 and an 08 Accord EX, and now I have the Acura TSX. Aside from regular oil and filter changes, tire rotation, and brakes, there is no major service until 105k miles. They're EXTREMELY easy to work on and the parts are reasonably priced. They're just all around well built vehicles that last. There are tons of places to get OEM parts at a discounted rate (HandA). I will always own a Honda.
    Thanks Alex! Out of the 3 new cars I'm really leaning toward the Civic Si. But I love the 350Z's
    Cincinnati, OH
    Shawn

Post Thanks / Like

The Civic would be nice...but those new Ford Fusions are purty sharp............

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: What car should I get?

Quote Originally Posted by shoeless89 View Post
    Hey guys, I'm about to get the first "big boy" job I've ever had. I'll be making a decent salary for me. I'm looking to buy a new car in the next year or year and a half and I want to have a good goal to set my eye on. So he are my options. I would love input on which one you would choose and why. OR another car you think I should look at. Also I want something fairly sporty and I'm trying to stay under $25K.

BRAND NEW Honda Civic Si - Good fuel economy, I'll be buying it new so thats a plus.

BRAND NEW Scion Tc - Good fuel economy, I know Toyota engine's backward and forward.

BRAND NEW Toyota Corolla S or XRS - Cheapest of the cars so far, it would be my 3rd Corolla (I drive an '07 Corolla right now) but not really as sporty as I would like.

USED Nissan 350Z or 370Z - It'll be used so thats kind of a bummer but an awesome car. For sure the quickest out of the ones listed. But I don't know much about Nissan so pro's or con's are welcome.

Lets get some feedback!

Post Thanks / Like
    Ehhh. Not fan of the si, especially the brand new one. Not a tc fan. Corolla, not exactly sporty in my book. If you want a sporty, I would say the z. But for an import under 25k, I think I would go with a 08 TL A spec. Well built all around imo. If your options are more open, I would look into some muscles.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ted S. View Post
    The Civic would be nice...but those new Ford Fusions are purty sharp............

Yeah there not bad, but I'm not really a fan of Ford at all. The only car they make that I like is a Mustang GT but thats not really my type of car.
    Cincinnati, OH
    Shawn

Post Thanks / Like

Working in the auto repair business and owning a few of the above cars, let me chime in. Stay away from the TC. Its a lot of car for the money, but they seem to be not the best example of Toyota quality. Also, the current Corolla is at the end of its life cycle, the rest of the compact car class has past it by in both performance, quality and styling. A new Corolla should be out within a year or so I beleive.

I have an Acura RSX Type-S (essentially the last generation Civic). with 54k miles on the clock, my car has yet to need a single repair. Other than routine maintenance, its just works like it should. This is what I often see with Honda's.

I also have a 350Z (Best Paint at Detail Fest). Z cars are quick, relatively inexpensive and fun to drive. You will obviously sacrifice economy and practicality. Z's also have some well documented issues, especially the first years of the 350, but overall are pretty reliable. Another plus with the Z is there are more aftermarket performance products for the Z cars than even the Mustang (at least it seems that way). If you like to tinker, customize, upgrade, a Z car is a great platform to do so. Also, Z's dont seem to hold their value all that well so that makes them a pretty good buy for a used one.

Post Thanks / Like

Only buy new if you expect to keep the car until the wheels fall off. The depreciation on cars is insane. If you think you'll want to change cars in the near future (< five years), used is more economical.

I like Hyundai because of their warranty. The V6 Genesis is supposed to be a really nice car.

Post Thanks / Like

I used to own a 350z and loved it. Wished I never sold it. Great car and never had any issues at all. Of all the choices you listed, you cant really go wrong with any of them. I'd say Civic or Z. And that would depend on how practical you want to be.
    Luxury Mobile Auto Detailing
    Pensacola & Orlando

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.