autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

DF 12- difference a year makes

A few nights before leaving to detail fest, as I was putting the third and final pre DF coat of Souveran on my car, my dad walks out into the garage and says: "You are going to wax the paint off that car." I respond: "no, Dad, this wax does not contain any abrasives...nevermind."

Last year I was just getting my feet wet, this year I think I am out up to my knees at least. Its all the contributors on this forum both directly to my posts and in general that share experience and information, that I can thank for helping me win Best Paint at DF this year. When guys like Adam and Pat (and the other judges, sorry if I cannot remember whom you are) judge your car to have the best paint, especially among others in the show whom have been featured in the show car garage, its an incredible honor. When I left my house for DF, I said to myself, this is as good as I know how to make my paint look. If it can be made to look better, I do not possess the knowledge, skills, or tools to do so. Thanks again. And of course a special shout out to Mike Phillips. His classes, DVD's, and playing around with some strangers cars in the show car garage also helped!

It was also a lot of fun to hang out with forum members: Al, Cory, Adam, Pat, Bill and a few others I cannot remember your names. It was also great hanging out with PJ of Dodojuice. Very cool and entertaining guy.

It was a lot of fun to socialize with people who all share the same passion, or sickness (however you like to view it). Its to bad we cannot do it more often, but thankfully we have the forums.

And finally, again, congrats to Cory for Best In Show. I looked closely at Skybaby, trying to find a tracer, a scratch, maybe a ghost of a swirl, and with my naked eye, none were to be found. Skybaby is the class of the class.

Jaret

Post Thanks / Like

Re: DF 12- difference a year makes

Jaret,

Great hanging out with you, the paint on that z was amazing. Well deserved trophy.

Looking foreword to doing it all again next year
    Detail Fest 2012 Face Book Page
    Club Flex 3401/PE14-2-150
    -Bill

opie_7afe

congrats on winning! i was wondering who won best paint!.

Post Thanks / Like

congrats! please let us have the privilege to see a pic or two of this year's best paint.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jaretr1 View Post
    It was also a lot of fun to hang out with forum members: Al, Cory, Adam, Pat, Bill and a few others I cannot remember your names. It was also great hanging out with PJ of Dodojuice. Very cool and entertaining guy.
    Jaret
    LOL. Nice to meet you. I did remember your name as well since how we learened each other's names was humorous.
    Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Jaret!! Man, I'm so sorry I missed this thread! I was looking for the promo video contest and found this. Congratulations again on some gorgeous work bud! Your Z looked incredible and was well deserving of the win! It was great getting to know you a little better and hanging with you. I look forward to more next year.

LOL at Al also, that was classic! Me: "Al, who's in the car with you?"....

:dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care