autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Was my post deleted?

The Ford F150 is the best sellimg truck in the world (fact).

Post Thanks / Like

AG will respond to this soon I believe.
    Flex 3401 & PE14

Mike Phillips

I started reading through the first page of this thread and that's as far as I've read but I thought I would point one thing out...

We don't delete threads on this forum. Our Moderators might move them but they don't delete them. Words mean things, just ask any lawyer and there's an important difference between deleting and moving when it comes to a thread on a forum.

I ran MeguiarsOnline.com for 5 years and we never deleted any threads over their either, simply moved them when they no longer provided anything positive to the forum community.

Also... just a reminder, when this thread was taking place we here at Autogeek were incredibly busy with Detail Fest, there wasn't any time for anyone to babysit a thread, so my guess is one of the Moderators simply "moved" the thread versus letting it and whatever drama was unfolding continue.

Below are a few links to some related threads and I recommend everyone take a moment to read them..

[Satire]: How to Refrain from Posting

What to do when you see a problem on the forum

Forum Rules

Thank you ahead of time for understanding...

Post Thanks / Like

As Mike stated we do not delete threads they get moved. And I did not move that one but I did see many complaints come through on it that is probably why it got moved. I will look into it later today, when we get out from under the Detail Fest pile. Remember though anything posted on this forum mods have full rights to move the thread if they feel its necessary.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by jpegs13 View Post

I'm sure with Detail Fest in full swing it was difficult to figure out which posts to delete, so in the interest of time the entire thread was deleted.

Correct. Detail Fest was in full swing. And again, we never delete any threads.

What the public cannot see is the "Moderators" forum group, it's hidden. Anytime a thread becomes a problem it is simply moved until it can be dealt with and there was no time over the weekend for dealing with these types of issues as everyone had other priorities to deal with.

Again... thank you for understanding and I'm confident after everyone here at Autogeek gets caught up, and that might take a few days, that the thread in question will be dealt with, any problem people in the thread will be dealt with and if it provides any positive contribution to the forum the thread will be "cleaned up" and moved back into the public viewable portion of this discussion forum.

Post Thanks / Like
    There's surely value in it and I look forward to seeing it back in the public forum area.
    Black cars are easy!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    I started reading through the first page of this thread and that's as far as I've read but I thought I would point one thing out...

We don't delete threads on this forum. Our Moderators might move them but they don't delete them. Words mean things, just ask any lawyer and there's an important difference between deleting and moving when it comes to a thread on a forum.

I ran MeguiarsOnline.com for 5 years and we never deleted any threads over their either, simply moved them when they no longer provided anything positive to the forum community.

Also... just a reminder, when this thread was taking place we here at Autogeek were incredibly busy with Detail Fest, there wasn't any time for anyone to babysit a thread, so my guess is one of the Moderators simply "moved" the thread versus letting it and whatever drama was unfolding continue.

Below are a few links to some related threads and I recommend everyone take a moment to read them..

[Satire]: How to Refrain from Posting

What to do when you see a problem on the forum

Forum Rules

Thank you ahead of time for understanding...

Not quite sure I understand the difference between deleting and moving in the above post (or maybe I'm missing on something).

If the tread has been moved where is it?
    Flex 3401 & PE14

Post Thanks / Like

I guess the other option is to "Close the thread" so no additional posting can be made.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danube View Post
    Not quite sure I understand the difference between deleting and moving in the above post (or maybe I'm missing on something).

If the tread has been moved where is it?
    Its moved to a private section of the forum, that only moderators have acess to. Alot of forums do this, I was a moderator on dodge forum for a while and its the same there. So technically its not deleted, but you cant see it....so its basically the same thing.

Post Thanks / Like

I could be wrong but what I understand from Mike's post is that they didn't delete the thread, they simply moved it to a moderators area that only moderators can see. This was done to remove any offensive material until the moderators have a chance to review the thread and remove any material they deem innapropriate. At that time they will return the thread to the public view so people can resume discussing bio diesel.

If this is wrong AG please correct me thanks

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast