autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Any Good auto body fourms?

I'v used auto body 101 , I dont like it to much and The other ones iv seen are dead. What do u guys use?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    New on AG, but been doing auto body and restoration work for years. Certified with PPG. Anything I can help with?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Any Good auto body fourms?

Quote Originally Posted by Link View Post
    New on AG, but been doing auto body and restoration work for years. Certified with PPG. Anything I can help with?
    Welcome , This forum is great, every one is very helpfull. Actually yea alot u can help with lol . I have a 2002 maxima , pearl white. It has some body work needed to be done. I wanna save money and prep it my self to get painted. First things first tho.. THis rust is killing me every timeI see it and now its green.

What do u recommend. I wont be getting it painted for a while because, I already took a dent out of the bumper , sanded it down and preped it, its gonna cost 300 to paint.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Any Good auto body fourms?-3-jpg  

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rust SUCKS!! If this rust is in the DOG LEG, it most likely came thur from the back side, most likely from fine dirt laying in the joint where the inner body panels meet. Can't really tell from pic because working from I-phone. First, if I am right , you need to wash all dirt out from front and back sides before starting any work. Blow or vac dry. Next, grind any lose rust off or wire brush or wire wheel. Don't know what you have to work with. Next, get some type of rust inhibitor - Rust X- or what ever your parts store carrys. Treat as directed. At this point I would apply a good epoxy primer. PPG makes, I my opinion one of the best. DP is that product. Comes in different colors, but is expensive. Any epoxy will do, just make sure it is a two part , which means you will need to add a harder. You can brush on if you don't have a spray system. That should hold till your ready to go further. You can paint over the epoxy and try to get a close match to you paint if your not getting the rest of the body work done for a few months. Hope this was a help.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Any Good auto body fourms?

Sorry for the late reply, house full of company over the weekend,you mentioned a Rust-olem product, anything Rust-olem I feel should work well as long as it is a two part system. it needs, to have a hardner with it ,not single stage. most important to me is it should be water proof, you don't want moisture coming from either side of your repair.Check with dealer. My fortay is PPG as I've been using it for about 20-25 years,and have yet to have any serious complaints.