autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: So Chemical Guys Eh?

Quote Originally Posted by aztec1987 View Post
    I know you seen that 1k wax they are selling in which I was asking my friend about it. All he told me is that you are paying for the container which it is "high tech" manufactured but the wax itself comes down to the same as the concours 50-50 just with a tiny bit of more carnuba into the formula but not to the point where you see a big difference.
    That is the extreme case for why I don’t want to spend my money on their stuff. They make sooo many products too, only to hope that some collector will buy one of each. Nothing beats ripping people off on a 1K wax though. That’s beyond nickel and dime-ing. Even if it sucked it would be nice to know they tried to do something special with the wax itself to justify the huge price tag.

2. Likes dman68 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It is and to be honest I stopped shopping with them on their new products and etc. I just stick to the classic products; must admit they do have really good towels; pads, and backing plate.

I just remember my friend telling me that luber for the clay and pad conditioner is the same thing lmao!
    "I don't consider myself to be the best.. and I don't like compliments.. they distract me." - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Wax View Post
    Many of there products are now available on retail shelves like Walmart....where they belong.
    The only thing I use is vrp but..I'm sure this is their best business decision ever...who wouldn't want to be on a Walmart shelf. Who do you think sells more megs ultimate polish a/g or Walmart. My point is you can't judge it that way, if Walmart had 5 open sku's for blackfire products I'm willing to bet they would be on the shelf.. dollars drive everything

Sent from my Z982 using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

I just bought my first CG product, their Matte wrap detail spray. I plan to use it on stripes and tge occasional wrap. Hopefully it was worth the $10 and 25% off
    ​1991 BRG Miata
    Brad's Detailed Touch
    https://www.facebook.com/Bradsdetailedtouch1

Post Thanks / Like

I use just a few of their cleaners. I'm still on their emailing list. Those Friday Foam sales every week are annoying though. How many wash bucket kits do they expect people to buy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aztec1987 View Post
    I will agree with you on 95% of the things you have touch points here to be honest. 3% I have not use most of their products but did came to a point in where I was realizing that not everything they sale is good. I had a friend of mine that worked at their warehouse in their old location which was just about a few blocks off from where I live. I must admit that I did stop buying products from them and still have some sitting in my closet (some unused).

Favorites:

Soaps: Mr. Pink and Citrus wash + gloss
    Sealants: Jetseal 109 + M-Seal
    Glazes: Wet Mirror finish ; Blacklight (if its a Black car; but hear that it is excellent on White cars)
    Wax: 3X; Concours 50-50; Petes 53 (just don't like the fact that it is stubborn to remove if it sits for too long); and Celeste Dettlagio
    Polishers: V line
    Trim: G6 Hyper Coat; VRP; and Silk Shine dressing
    Interior: Inner Clean + glassworks (purple liquid)

I know you seen that 1k wax they are selling in which I was asking my friend about it. All he told me is that you are paying for the container which it is "high tech" manufactured but the wax itself comes down to the same as the concours 50-50 just with a tiny bit of more carnuba into the formula but not to the point where you see a big difference. I must admit that I do really invest a lot of money on their MF Towels which they are pretty good even my mom would steal some new ones from me and use them to clean the house.

Last time I did purchase their wheel brush (wheel + rim brush) and it broke after using it twice. Their air re-fresheners are like cheap cologne it smells so good but do not last as much as expected.
    Wet Mirror Finish is a glaze? I bought some when I started detailing, I don't know why, probably because I liked the name. Then I tried to figure out what it was. Doesn't say on the label. Doesn't say whether it cuts, or fills, or is a sealant or wax. Just says it leaves a shine. Went to the CG website, nothing. Not a fan, I'll try to get by with products from the other 50 brands out there.

Post Thanks / Like

I absolutely despise dealing with their "customer service", but I absolutely love their pad cleaner.

I also love the green and blue Hex Logic pads. They are made by Buff & Shine, so I just use the flats available here. I've actually come to prefer the flats. However, I still have a ton of green and blue Hex pads....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    Even though this is a six-year old thread, CG still gets talked about a lot...hated on mostly. They're like any other line....some good stuff, some not so good. I'm still a big fan of Honeydew snow foam, and their P40 quick detailer.

I was just looking at their Foam Blaster 6 & Honeydew Snow Foam (16oz) kit for $55. Is there a similar product that can produce slew of suds? Looks like their Foam Blaster 6 is no different than AG, BlackFire, Pinnacle, Wolfgang.

Post Thanks / Like

Thread from the dead...

I bought some of their Heavy Metal Polish, it's great on shiny aluminum. The wheels on my ZRX11 have the edges stripped & polished. I was using Autosol that required another dab every 6inches of rim. This CG stuff will do the entire side of one rim with barely a drop & it looks just tits.
    Those who possess real knowledge are rare. Those who can set that knowledge into motion in the physical world are rarer still. The few who possess real knowledge and can set it into motion of their own hands are the rarest of all.

Post Thanks / Like

I have one of their retail stores nearby and it is fun to go there and talk detailing with the brothers who run the place. Their microfiber wash is very good and their soaps are very good. Their Honeydew Snowfoam is one of my favorites. I like their Tire Kicker Tire Shine and their waterless wash. I am not a fan of many of their other products like polishes, cleaners or conditioners. To me they are overpriced and under performing.
    I believe in treating everybody with respect, and clean cars. That’s what I believe in.

12. Likes chilly liked this post
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast