autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Now that I am completely addicted to detailing I take longer to get ready than my wife!!

Before we go anywhere I have to QD the car, clean up the rims, put some tire shine on and get her looking pristine. I just hope it rains soon so I can get a break, cause there is no way I am going out with the car looking like that!

Chris

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the addiction. Unfortunately science has yet to find a cure! Open the wallet and let games begin.

"These cars are meant to be driven, not polished" - Dr. Ferdinand Porsche

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Now that I am completely addicted to detailing I take longer to get ready than my wife!!

Quote Originally Posted by 2011Mustang5.0 View Post
    Before we go anywhere I have to QD the car, clean up the rims, put some tire shine on and get her looking pristine. I just hope it rains soon so I can get a break, cause there is no way I am going out with the car looking like that!

Chris
    Wow. Every single time? Is this a DD?

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Now that I am completely addicted to detailing I take longer to get ready than my wife!!

I know right....
    Ever since i discovered AGO... im always hovering from here and there... trying to see what's new... what's on sale.. and spending tons of money even through i might never ever finish any of the bottles i purchase.... Since i only detail my own car....

And after a fresh detail i drove it out today morning to drop off my gf's car to be fixed at her dealership... i park my car outside for 10 mintues... and i see lawn mowers shooting freaking grass and what not with their blower and now my car is cover with sh@@!!et....

Post Thanks / Like

You're half way there. You'll be almost there when you carry a full detail bag in the trunk, take the wife to the mall and you park in the lower 40 so you can get in the shade of the one tree standing, then tell her "Have a good time - I'll wait out here..." and proceed to do a rinseless wash, QD the few water spots, then add a coat of Fusion, wash the windows, QD the interior and prep the tires.

Don't ask how I know...

Regards,
    GEWB
    Linux Reg. User #206357 (Feb. '99)
    "Can't get there from here."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fenderpicks View Post
    i park my car outside for 10 mintues... and i see lawn mowers shooting freaking grass and what not with their blower and now my car is cover with sh@@!!et
    The worst is the guys with the rock-shooters...er...I mean weed-whackers. I really want to strangle the guy who thought of edging curbs and walks by turning the thing vertical because now they all do that and shoot the dirt and rocks out of there 50' out into the street while you are driving by!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gewb View Post
    You're half way there. You'll be almost there when you carry a full detail bag in the trunk, take the wife to the mall and you park in the lower 40 so you can get in the shade of the one tree standing, then tell her "Have a good time - I'll wait out here..." and proceed to do a rinseless wash, QD the few water spots, then add a coat of Fusion, wash the windows, QD the interior and prep the tires.

Don't ask how I know...

Regards,
    GEWB

Omg I have been thinking of a putting together a small detail bag with the stuff I need. I even had a fleeting moment of what it would take to have a converter from the car to run my DA polisher, lol!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by smack View Post
    Wow. Every single time? Is this a DD?

Yep this is my DD

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2011Mustang5.0 View Post
    Yep this is my DD

I am sure I will tone it down after awhile, but right now I am a cleaning addict!!

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

But man again... when it's a DD, theres only so much u can do lol....
    It's going to be parked outside most of the time when ur at work... and who knows what's gonna happen....

But i just do the detailing because idk... it brings me happiness between me and my car LOL

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast