autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sick, Tired, and Sore - what is your product of choice?!?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Hoytman View Post
    Almost 40. Why do you ask?
    I was just curious mainly because you mentioned it took you if I am no mistaken 7 months to loose 38LB. But it took me 4 months to loose 42LB, I don't run I am not in to running so somehow I was able to incorporate my cardio in my workouts. I do enjoy lifting weight but cardio is a whole different story. Running has never been my thing unless I am playing soccer or playing baseball.

I basically noticed that your plan of attack was a lot different from mine. I am always researching and trying to understand fitness better so I hope you didn't take my question the wrong way.

Good luck in your new goal, I actually have a new goal to finish what I started with my brother. Right now I am at 207 aiming for either 180 or 170 before May 1 before I go see my brother at Parris Island!

Good Luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey B&B,
    I think some of the other members may be right with getting a check-up.

Although it sounds like you had a severe lifestyle change.

The same has happened to me. When you are living a very physically demanding lifestyle (training fulltime/part time for an event) you will be consuming a lot of calories.
    5,000+ Calories.

What usually happens is when you suddenly stop this lifestyle, you will pay the price.

In your case it sounds like you started a business and shifted your time to work and family and moved a little away from training. Most likely your 'good' diet suffered as well, and shifted towards whatever is available; letting your hunger decide, etc.

What happens is your body is used to a high calorie diet and DEMANDS it for awhile. You continue to intake a lot of calories for awhile, while at the same time not burning nearly as much. Which will end up in a lot of fat gain.

You have several options for losing the weight... it really depends on how you want to look?

Do you only care about what the scale says?
    eat low calories, exercise some

Do you care about how you look?
    eat a well balanced diet, sleep regularly, train hard and lift weights(MMA too)

If you need any concrete advice let me know, I am also a certified trainer and have a few clients...

I was in the same boat (no pun intended) when I stopped rowing Crew. We were eating around 7000 calories a day, and suddenly I stopped (injury) and I started packing on weight...and quick too

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AdamsImport View Post
    Hey B&B,
    I think some of the other members may be right with getting a check-up.

Although it sounds like you had a severe lifestyle change.

The same has happened to me. When you are living a very physically demanding lifestyle (training fulltime/part time for an event) you will be consuming a lot of calories.
    5,000+ Calories.

What usually happens is when you suddenly stop this lifestyle, you will pay the price.

In your case it sounds like you started a business and shifted your time to work and family and moved a little away from training. Most likely your 'good' diet suffered as well, and shifted towards whatever is available; letting your hunger decide, etc.

What happens is your body is used to a high calorie diet and DEMANDS it for awhile. You continue to intake a lot of calories for awhile, while at the same time not burning nearly as much. Which will end up in a lot of fat gain.

You have several options for losing the weight... it really depends on how you want to look?

Do you only care about what the scale says?
    eat low calories, exercise some

Do you care about how you look?
    eat a well balanced diet, sleep regularly, train hard and lift weights(MMA too)

If you need any concrete advice let me know, I am also a certified trainer and have a few clients...

I was in the same boat (no pun intended) when I stopped rowing Crew. We were eating around 7000 calories a day, and suddenly I stopped (injury) and I started packing on weight...and quick too
    Everything you just said is spot on man. I appreciate the advice - could care less what I look like or what a scale says really, it is more about getting healthy again for me. It was funny and sad because when we made the B & B 2011 jobs video ( ) my better half walked in and saw some pics from jan 2011 and asked if I photoshopped myself to make me look skinnier lol!!! I couldn't believe it - she was serious! I truly know what I need to do to loose the weight - I am more concerned about what to bring to work that would be easy and healthy for a man that is non stop going all day long and "forgets" to eat and slams his huge meals right before bed :/

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPQceaW0Eio]B & B Detailing, Inc - 2011 Jobs - Auto Detailing - TN - YouTube[/video]
    Bates Detailing
    Auto * RV * Bus * Boat * Aircraft * UFOs
    http://www.batesdetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by B&B Tennessee View Post
    Good advice - thanx man
    You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by B&B Tennessee View Post
    I am more concerned about what to bring to work that would be easy and healthy for a man that is non stop going all day long and "forgets" to eat and slams his huge meals right before bed :/
    A good dietician ought to be able to really help you out there. With much better advice than I could ever give.

You want easy? Pre-sliced organic apples from costco, individually packaged in serving sized plastic bags. We buy them for our son. When I start eating them, they disappear fast! They're delicious and it doesn't get any easier!

Kefir. In an assortment of fruit flavors. About 560 calories per quart. Better than any smoothy IMO.

-Rick

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hoytman View Post
    I lost 38 lbs. on a low carb diet, but eventually quit that diet.
    That was my first try at losing weight. I went from 246 down to 207 = 38 lb. loss eating like a horse with low carb.
    I went back to my old habits and hit 276 lbs.

...I went from 276 to a scrapping 197 lbs. The second time around (8-10 yrs. later) on the plan I've laid out, eating casual small meals 5-6 times daily with high fiber and some good carbs, not being overly stuffed at any time.

...it only took me 7 months to lose that weight... 276-197=79lbs. lost in 7 months ...though with the exercise and diet I've laid out for you.. I've been released to do anything I want. So, I'm going back on that lifestyle and will begin walking, then as time goes on, walking/sprinting starting tomorrow. My regimine will be exactly as before.

Good luck!! Goal is 185.
    Quote Originally Posted by ExoticAutoDetai View Post
    I was just curious mainly because you mentioned it took you if I am no mistaken 7 months to loose 38LB. But it took me 4 months to loose 42LB, I don't run I am not in to running so somehow I was able to incorporate my cardio in my workouts. I do enjoy lifting weight but cardio is a whole different story. Running has never been my thing unless I am playing soccer or playing baseball.

I basically noticed that your plan of attack was a lot different from mine. I am always researching and trying to understand fitness better so I hope you didn't take my question the wrong way.

Good luck in your new goal, I actually have a new goal to finish what I started with my brother. Right now I am at 207 aiming for either 180 or 170 before May 1 before I go see my brother at Parris Island!

Good Luck!
    Didn't take it the wrong way. Just wan't sure why it was relevant, but now I understand.

It took me 7 months to lose 79 lbs. Now that I think about it I lost it in about 6 months. I lost 38 lbs. in 3 1/2 weeks due to some serious stress. I don't recommend losing that much in that short of time, but it couldn't be helped because of stress. In fact it was seriously affecting my health, both physical and mental. Finally I was able to things lined out. Then I just decided that the loss was a good thing and that I should continue, so I did.

I completely took any sugar out of my diet at that time. After about 2 months I tasted a McDonalds cheeseburger and had to throw the bun away because it was so sweet I couldn't eat it. Now I know why our children are obese in this country. I personnaly believe sugar is more addicting than drugs and that carbonation is terrible for ones body.

I hear ya' on the running thing. I never could run either without pain, and I still can't for the most part. However, the walking/sprinting routine is tolerable and you actually exert and burn more calories this way. Jogging still kills my back and can put me down for a few days in the bed. Three herniated discs in my neck and degenerative disc disease in my spine doesn't help things.

About the soda.
    I've never drank alcohol and it's probably a good thing. I used to drink a 12 pak of A&W everynight after supper. In a three hour time span I would drink a gallon and a half of sweet tea. Way too much sugar. It was killing me and is why I went over 4 years without a soda. I decided I didn't need it. But I quit the pop before any diet.

I started drinking pop again, and that's why I started gaining weight again...the sugar my body had been missing triggered a negative response and it caused me to go on a binge.

At this age in life I have to make a permanent change this time. It was actually easy before, but I had already been dealing with depression, and the foot injury made it worse...so I splurged. Wrong thing to do I know. I can easily do it again.

I want to say something else.
    The diet and regimine I've laid out in an aforementioned post won't work for everyone. How do I know? I know because other diets did not work for me earlier in life. The low carb Atkins diet that I lost 38 lbs on told me something about my body. My body doesn't like sugars and starches at all. In fact, it triggers allergic reactions, though not severe, that cause me to have breathing issues as well as who knows what chemically inside. I'm not a nutritionist, but I've had them tell me to cut fats out of my diet, eat more whole grains (carbs) and nothing could have been further from the truth for me.

Each person has to find what works for them and this can be tough. I m willing to wager that more often than not bad carbs and a diet high in sugar is hurting the majority of Americans.
    Bill

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345