autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sick, Tired, and Sore - what is your product of choice?!?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by BWG707 View Post
    FUNX, up to 5 sit ups, that's hilarious! You got me laughing out loud with that one. And I don't do that very often. Thanks for that you don't know how bad I needed I laugh today. I've spent all morning fighting with some idiot Doctors that I was referred to. I actually filed a complaint to the CA Medical Board. Anyway keep 'em comin.
    Laughter often is the best medicine, IMO.

Also:
    Sorry to hear of your conflict with those Dr.'s...
    Lot of that going around.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DP200248721 View Post
    look into the movie called, "Fat, Sick , and nearly Dead" guy does a juicing fast for 1 or 2 months and drops weight and is crazy healthy afterwards, takes a lot of dedication tho. Just an idea
    I have one of those fancy juicers and used it religiously for a few months - and I can attest to it working! Did it to feel better and healthier at the time.... only I am never home to juice anymore :/

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Perry View Post
    Dolcediet.com

Im using this for my weight cut right now and i feel great.
    What weight do you fight at?!?! What is your record?

Quote Originally Posted by eaglefan View Post
    If you like pears, they are a little trick I learned from my nutrition professor. All fruit has a chemical in it that gives you a full feeling, reason why most people could eat 6 doughnuts but couldnt eat 5 apples. However, pears have more of this chemical than any other fruit. WHen you are hungry eat a pear it will full you up. Protein shakes are great to, especially when mixed with a lot of water
    Good advice man - thanx

Quote Originally Posted by ShaunD View Post
    NO offense Anthony, but if you have gained that much weight you obviously have been eating. It's a matter of looking at the calories in the food you're eating and adjusting that to what you actually need to achieve, then maintain, the weight you want to be at.
    LOL, no offense at all my friend - My main issue with eating is being out and about at jobs - picking up fast food, going 10 hours not realizing I hadn't eatin and picking up more fast food, then getting home late at night and deciding that I would like a few drinks after a really hard day at work, then eating a crap load before bed lol.

Quote Originally Posted by vegasbigron View Post

Good luck,get that extra weight off.Pick up a five gallon bucket of water,pretty heavy try carrying it around all day.That is what your doing with the extra weight,tough on the heart and joints.
    Never thought of it that way - well I feel bad for my joints lol :/

Quote Originally Posted by Porsche Pilot View Post
    Martini's...shaken not stirred. Will temporarily cure all ills.
    Another reason for the weight gain

Quote Originally Posted by BWG707 View Post
    How do you gain 100lbs without eating much and still exorciseing (work)?
    Well the extreme of training ridiculously and eating perfect while training - to no excercise at all other than work and playing with kids and eating horribly is definitely what happened :/

Quote Originally Posted by sscully View Post

Side note, talk to the wife about helping out with "that", as it is almost as good of a caloric burn rate as swimming. 5 nights per week is a good work out schedule
    'Come on dear, you will be helping with making me health again, thought that is what you wanted '....
    LOL - That would be awesome if 1) The baby didn't take my spot in the bed and 2) I had the energy after these 15 hour work days for that lol! One day the earth will shake again

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX725 View Post
    Hi Anthony...

-I didn't have any weight-gain problems until after reaching my "second-childhood".
    Been getting tougher each Spring shedding some of my "Winter Coat".

-I've discovered I still prefer the Basics, like sit-ups (I'm up to five already!!).
    Walrus 'Rocky' Training - Jokeroo

{Also...I like to Jazzercize.}

J/K...My friend. (Just trying for a "Belly Laugh")
    I do wish you all the success in your 'fitness challenge'.

Bob
    Too funny man!
    Bates Detailing
    Auto * RV * Bus * Boat * Aircraft * UFOs
    http://www.batesdetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tundra_10 View Post
    Bananas and carrots are excellent for you and can be a very quick snack while working, celery because it is rumored to actually burn more calories then what you are taking in because it has such a high-water %.).
    You can lose weight eating celery STICKS because it requires more calories to chew them than they contain. This does not hold as true for chopped celery, and especially not cooked celery. The amount of fiber provides enough resistance to your jaw muscles to cause yourself to burn more calories than you get when eating the whole stick.

Post Thanks / Like

Also:

Bob
    Norman Cousins thought so, too.

Post Thanks / Like

From this shot 2 or 3 years ago (165) to a shot from today (250) MAJOR difference :/

Time to change that around and get healthy again - thanx for everyone's advice!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sick, Tired, and Sore - what is your product of choice?!?!?!?-trained-jpg   Sick, Tired, and Sore - what is your product of choice?!?!?!?-trained-2-jpg   Sick, Tired, and Sore - what is your product of choice?!?!?!?-imag0916-jpg   Sick, Tired, and Sore - what is your product of choice?!?!?!?-imag0914-jpg  
    Bates Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by B&B Tennessee View Post
    From this shot 2 or 3 years ago (165) to a shot from today (250) MAJOR difference :/

Time to change that around and get healthy again - thanx for everyone's advice!
    Anthony...
    If I can do it...I know you can!!!

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Anthony,

1. Get a pedometer and wear it all day long. Aim to get 10,000 steps every day. With how hard you work, you might already be at that number.

2. Visit a Registered Dietitian. Work with that person to come up with a nutritional plan that will work with *your* day to day life and busy schedule.

-Rick

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn T. View Post
    I'm not a big guy but I could shave off a few pounds (last time I weighed in I was at 194).

I began a cardio program over the last few weeks. Began off at 2 miles a day and have now increased it to alternating between 2 and 3 miles per day at under 8 mins a mile. The weight falls off. Plus, it tightens all of the muscles around your core.

I know you don't have the time to do cardio but even going for a mile jog every day is better than nothing.

Eating smaller meals throughout the day is the way to go. It makes your metabolsim faster as your body expends more energy knowing it will have more food later. This is why you should always eat breakfast!! It jump starts your metabolism for the day.

Even doing pushups and situps every day will help a lot to get rid of the belly fat and tighten your core. Not to mention, building that upper body for buffing! LOL

But yeah, cardio is the quickest way to shed pounds. I know you don't have the time but no other way has worked for me.
    I lost 17 pounds by doing this alone!Not the cardio but eating several small meals a day. It works !

Try bringing healthy snack foods to work with you . I do this and eat while I work .It takes no time at all . I like toasted soynuts and peanuts and brown rice cakes .

Post Thanks / Like

Anthony...
    If I can do it...I know you can!!!

Bob
    LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by Rix6 View Post
    Anthony,

1. Get a pedometer and wear it all day long. Aim to get 10,000 steps every day. With how hard you work, you might already be at that number.

2. Visit a Registered Dietitian. Work with that person to come up with a nutritional plan that will work with *your* day to day life and busy schedule.

-Rick

Good advice - thanx man
    Bates Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

Also:

Bob
    FUNX you did it again! I love it. Your title is appropriate.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast