autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sick, Tired, and Sore - what is your product of choice?!?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Mobile detail View Post
    Turns out her thyroid was off the charts. Better safe then sorry

+1
    Simple blood test.
    VT
    Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post
    ....It's all I use these days....they are buffing when I'm relaxing...and still don't get the powder out of canines!

Post Thanks / Like

Dolcediet.com

Im using this for my weight cut right now and i feel great.

Post Thanks / Like

If you like pears, they are a little trick I learned from my nutrition professor. All fruit has a chemical in it that gives you a full feeling, reason why most people could eat 6 doughnuts but couldnt eat 5 apples. However, pears have more of this chemical than any other fruit. WHen you are hungry eat a pear it will full you up. Protein shakes are great to, especially when mixed with a lot of water

Post Thanks / Like

When not eating at least three meals a day your body goes into fat storage mode because it doesn't know when it is going to be fed next. You need to look at what you are eating and how many calories you are consuming in a day. To maintain 185lbs you don't need more than about 1800 calories a day. The problem with food supplements is that they can contain a lot of calories and are meant to supplement your regular meals, not replace them. There are meal replacement shakes and bars that can cover your calories and nutrients, but you still need to watch the calories or you will just end up taking in more than you need and not lose any weight. Diet and exercise are the two key thing as you should know from MMA training. You can loose weight with diet alone. However, you will not increase your cardiovascular strength with diet alone. It take as little as 15-30 minutes a day to get the exercise you need to be healthy. Ten years is a long time to not have a physical done. If anyone in your family has had medical issues around the age you are now, I would have a checkup/physical ASAP. Anytime you change your drastically change your physical activity or diet you should consult a physician. And with that large of a weight gain I would assume your body is under more stress than it has ever been.
    One of the first things I would look at is staying hydrated and making sure that you at least eat a 300 calorie breakfast everyday. NO offense Anthony, but if you have gained that much weight you obviously have been eating. It's a matter of looking at the calories in the food you're eating and adjusting that to what you actually need to achieve, then maintain, the weight you want to be at. I just met some people through networking that use and sell a food/nutrient replacement product that ha reports of helping people with medical issues. So I will contact you as soon as I have more info on the product.
    Shaun Shines Automotive Detailing, VIRGINIA BEACH, VA. http://www.facebook.com/ShaunShinesDetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Having been working out now for over 12 years and trying just about every supplement on the market, some not, I can confidently tell you there is no replacement for real food. Everything we buy is considered a dietary supplement, that means its not regulated by the food and drug administration (FDA) and therefore means any numerical nutrition facts are worthless and the company can post and put on whatever they like.

With that being said, someone mentioned the movie "Fat, sick, and dying" that is a good movie and seems to have a lot of good information in it. If you cannot go to the extent of making fruit smoothies, at least eat plenty of them, and veggies. Bananas and carrots are excellent for you and can be a very quick snack while working, celery because it is rumored to actually burn more calories then what you are taking in because it has such a high-water %. A good rule of thumb, the darker the vegetable is, the better it is for you. The lighter colored fruit and vegetable are actually higher in natural sugar and is not quiet as healthy for you, believe it or not. I would grab some granola bars (or loose granola if you prefer that), you will get good fiber and some mixes have berries and nuts in them as well. Speaking of nuts, the best source of natural, non-animal protein you can get. Eat them, love them, however you want baked if you can find them, also plain. All your veggies and fruits should be raw, never cooked and if avoidable not steamed. Being as you are busy and need something in a hurry, I doubt that will be an issue.

Many people have a belief that when we are told we need to have 5-6 meals a day that that means full meals, it does not. What that means is you should be eating that many times a day. If you split up what we should be eating (basing off 2000/calorie per day diet), thats 400 calories per 5-per-day meal. Not a whole lot. Also another thing to consider, 80% of the time when we feel we are hungry we are actually dehydrated. Make sure to drink plenty of water,no soda, no sports drinks, just water. We need 8-10 glasses (16oz) of water a day, do the math and for a given normal day you are drinking a gallon a day, up it if you are working outside, sweating or in a hot environment. Consider taking a multivitamin as well, there is no such thing as Dr in a bottle or some magic potion, but the nutrients you get (be it miniscule, will still be better then having a greater deficiency).
    Why was the Energizer Bunny arrested?... He was charged with battery.

Post Thanks / Like

Shakeology.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

The one thing I will recommend is to eat a high protein breakfast,and try to eat a group of small equal calorie meals all day.You need to fuel the engine.If you don't eat every few hours you will not have enough energy to finish your hectic schedule.Small meals are easy to pack and it can contain fruit and vegetables.Remember to drink plenty of water for hydration and for satiating your food cravings.Try to resist carbohydrates such as white bread,simple sugars,regular potatoes.Be careful of grapes they are too easy to eat and they are like little sugar cubes.Apples and anything that requires chewing are recommended.

I could go on and on.I was a personal trainer for many years.Training many high school,college and pro athletes.

Good luck,get that extra weight off.Pick up a five gallon bucket of water,pretty heavy try carrying it around all day.That is what your doing with the extra weight,tough on the heart and joints.

Post Thanks / Like

Martini's...shaken not stirred. Will temporarily cure all ills.

Post Thanks / Like

How do you gain 100lbs without eating much and still exorciseing (work)? I would definitely see a doctor. When I started to get older I all of the sudden started gaining weight I went from 160 to 180 and evened out. Saw a Dr. he said it was more than likely due to a metabolism change. Before this I could eat like a pig (and I did) and never gain weight, my friends hated me for that. I love to eat but at a certain age I just started to eat smaller and smaller portions. Today at 54 I eat 2 meals a day with a few snacks in between and always all of my life I've been taking multiple vitimims. So you might be experiencing some metabolism changes. Anyway see a Dr. soon.

Post Thanks / Like

The general idea has been posted, but food is the only replacement for food.

I would guess you were not eating all day, went home ate and sat around or feel asleep.
    This is a huge problem I have, I can eat pasta and drink red wine like nobody's business, and I put weight on big time, as I normally do it at night.

If you consume 1100 calories at diner, watch TV and go to bed, this can be a source of weight gain very easy. Heck even 500 calorie diners and not moving can do it, just takes longer to add the same amount of weight.

If you are going to eat a snack like chips, replace it with cheerios. Might have the same caloric intake, but at least you get something from it ( fiber ).

Bananas are great, in the AM. try not to eat them after 2:00 PM, they are loaded with sugar, I would guess worse than grapes.

Speaking of after 2:00 PM, try to limit carb intake after this time.
    Replace with veggies and lean meat. You will have caloric intake, but not the type that will convert to your rear.

Keeping an eye on carb intake is something that is easy to change ( don't buy it ) and can make a big difference.
    Think of 1800 calories per day intake. If 90% of this is carbs you will put weight on. If 20% of this is carbs, you will drop weight.
    Protein is required to stop your body from stealing it from something inside your.
    Eggs are good, they contain a bunch of vitamins and nutrients that your body needs to run. They are good in moderation, which is per person.
    You might be the tyep ( from family history ) that cannot process fats well, or you might have no problem with it ( LDL, HDL, Triglis levels ).
    This is where a basic physical can help, you will find out where you are. You might be at a place where you only can have egg whites, and need to find a more suitable replacement for the yolks.

If you are in a pinch, you can use something like a diet meal replacement shake, but don't make this a staple in your diet. They will work in a pinch, but long term your body is going to be missing items it needs to run a designed.

Sucks getting home at night and being dead tired, but try to do something after diner. Even if it yoga or stretching even leg lifts while watching TV. The stretch bands for resistance are good of this.
    If you are moving you are burning calories.

Side note, talk to the wife about helping out with "that", as it is almost as good of a caloric burn rate as swimming. 5 nights per week is a good work out schedule
    'Come on dear, you will be helping with making me health again, thought that is what you wanted '....

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast