autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Going to take a little work but decent shop.

I just added a new to me generator to the mix of tools for my mobile affairs. I try to pick stuff like this up when I see the right thing at the right price. This TroyBuilt has only been used twice but has been started and run on a regular basis. Good buy at $300. It's a 10 horse motor with a 5550 watt continuous/8550 watt start up generator.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tuscarora dave View Post
    I just added a new to me generator to the mix of tools for my mobile affairs. I try to pick stuff like this up when I see the right thing at the right price. This TroyBuilt has only been used twice but has been started and run on a regular basis. Good buy at $300. It's a 10 horse motor with a 5550 watt continuous/8550 watt start up generator.

thats a great bargin Dave!
    Tim
    "I have done so much with so little for so long.
    Now I can do anything with nothing"

Post Thanks / Like

lurking here.. man very impressive the way things have progressed for you. Glad it is working out. This should be motivating for most people. Congrats on your success. You seem like a very talented individual. I guess it helps to be handy lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dad07 View Post
    thats a great bargin Dave!
    I thought so too. I usually don't have the money when I see deals like this. As time goes by and I gain a little in financial stability, I put money back for things like this when I see them.

Quote Originally Posted by DEXTERITY View Post
    lurking here.. man very impressive the way things have progressed for you. Glad it is working out. This should be motivating for most people. Congrats on your success. You seem like a very talented individual. I guess it helps to be handy lol
    Thanks DEXTERITY, I hope to be inspirational in some ways. That's my intent anyways. I've been told that some folks look at me as "trying to be a know it all". If you know me personally you'll quickly realize that that's not the case at all. I have had help from many people in many ways, especially in the last 7 years. I just make an honest effort to give back what was freely given to me.

Post Thanks / Like

you're welcome, no problem at all. thanks for mentioning it.. You don't come off as a "know it all." I was motivated lol

Post Thanks / Like

Got a package of goodies today to make things a little easier at the shop.

Got these stainless steel wand and crevice tools for my extractor, the super soft Cyclo upholstery brush to go on a DA and 30 Genuine Cyclo pads. These are the old style Cyclo pads before B&S started making them. These pads last a super long time.

I also got this Mr. Nozzle vacuum hose and attachment kit to extend the hose on my super Vac. This is a real high quality hose at a great price. I think AG should look into carrying Mr. Nozzle kits like this if they don't already.

I love adding to the shop to make it more efficient. Can't wait to try the new extractor tools and get rid of the old dinosaur tool that the extractor came with.

Post Thanks / Like

I just added this jack and these shelves to the mix at the shop. Also got a refrigerator and a non working old school freezer to store freezable liquids in over the winter months. My plan is to add a few incandescent light fixtures to the inside of the freezer for some warmth and store certain liquids in there on the freezing cold nights this winter.

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations Dave,
    I just found this thread, Great reading and keep the updates coming.
    One question...it was mentioned earlier in the thread about the floor sloping towards the door, is that working out? Do you wash the cars inside?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 720eyes View Post
    Congratulations Dave,
    I just found this thread, Great reading and keep the updates coming.
    One question...it was mentioned earlier in the thread about the floor sloping towards the door, is that working out? Do you wash the cars inside?

I have way too much stuff in there to try washing/rinsing in the shop but I often do ONR washes in there and it is never an issue. Thanks for looking. TD

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Dave, just finished reading this whole thread. I'm also in the process of getting my own shop, I'm trying to go the route of getting a start-up loan to get everything I need right out of the gate, but may have to start up slow as you have here. Reading this thread definitely gives me the confidence to do just that if it comes down to it. If I get the shop I'll do the same as this and post up my photos, I already have the beginning photos I just don't want to jinx it by posting before I get it 100%. Great job man

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast