autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Going to take a little work but decent shop.

Dave..that is AWESOME...just big enough to do what you need and has the Height for taller vehicles. It will no doubt need some work..but with your work ethic and detailing skills..it is going to be fun to see it develop. I always like your input on all things detailing..this is the perfect setup for you...and so close to home. Looks like good lighting too. One thing you might consider is to funnel in some natural light in the center of the building as it will help level out your lighting. good luck...I wish I had one of those in my backyard!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys. Pretty soon I'll be replacing the hanging T-12 fixtures with the 2 T-8 fixtures I hung on the sides plus 2 more then I'm going with a 4 bulb T-8 fixture on each side where the new T-8s are now. That should give me some pretty good lighting. It's a bit lacking with the old T-12s over head. I am enjoying having it for sure. I'll have my first black paint correction in there this weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like a great start. I had issues with my Black and Decker plastic cabinet with plastic shelving. They sagged within 6 months where bottles would topple over.
    Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Nice place you have there Dave. I like what you did with the lighting. You can never have to much light. Would love to see pictures of the corrected black vehicle. Could we find out what vehicle it will be?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tuscarora dave View Post
    I picked up this little cabinet today and put it together in there for my detailing tools and stuff. I want to get the adhesive backed velcro strips and line the inside of the doors with it so I can attach all my backing plates to it. I have 3 more product storage shelves to bring from the house yet.

Thanks for looking, I'll post another pic in about a week or so when I get a little more done in there. TD
    I have 6 of those Sterilite cabinets in my garage, the exact same ones! I actually was going to mention those to you but ended up figuring they might not be heavy duty enough for your needs. I guess I didn't need to mention them because...great minds think alike haha!
    We waited for Target to put them on sale, first buying two, then two more, and a couple years ago I bought two more. See how you like them and if the shelves are strong enough for your needs, watch for them to go on sale. I think 70-80 lbs is the most I've put on a shelf. They will bow down in the middle a bit, but I've never had one break.

-Rick

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by smack View Post
    Would love to see pictures of the corrected black vehicle. Could we find out what vehicle it will be?
    I stopped and checked it out the other day. I think it was a Mazda (some type of sedan) that a local repair shop is selling. It has some heavy scratches from going through an automatic car wash and overall is all swirled out and scratched all over. Just exterior only nothing to be done on the interior at all. I work with a lot of these local auto repair establishments to take care of theirs and their customer's cars. I'll get a few before and some after photos and post them in a different thread.

Post Thanks / Like

With all the work I have had lately I haven't had much time for organizing things and getting things exactly as I would like them. I spent s few hours this evening doing just that. I added another cabinet and hooked up some industrial grade velcro to keep things in order. I got a free shelf from the day job and also a free 2000 mg. per hour ozone generator from the day job. They threw it in the trash and I asked if I could have it and they said yes. I repaired it the last time it was worked on and know that all it needs is a new capacitor.

Here are a few pics.

If anyone does this with the velcro, be careful of how you unroll the roll because trust me, you don't want this to happen.

Here's the free shelf I got from the day job. Not yet sure of what's going on it. I'm going in tomorrow after work to do some more organizing and take more stuff up there from the house.

and the free ozone generator. This will work very nicely for shock treating stinky cars.

Thanks for looking, I'll update this thread as I get more done. TD

Post Thanks / Like

Give us a close up of the shelp next to the cabinet and tell us what's in those spray bottles and gallon jugs.
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

I purposely avoid getting close up photos of that shelf because what's on it is not sold here at autogeek. The stuff on there is labeled with my business name on it and is purchased elsewhere. I don't want to break any rules here at AGO.

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome Dave! I'm excited for you!
    Rule 62: Don't take yourself to d*mn seriously
    Cincinnati, OH
    Shawn

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast