autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Pimp my ride: no inspections in CA?

I like to watch pimp my ride. From the condition of most of these cars there must be no mechanical inspection in California. They ride around with body parts hanging off or completely missing. You'd never get away with that in PA. Don't they have mechanical inspection in CA? Or are they just concerned with smog? Spiney
    Learning to detail for fun and to show my 96 Ford SVT Cobra, Black. My dad always said I was going to wax the paint right off my car. Would wax every weekend. GG 6" DAP

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pimp my ride: no inspections in CA?

CA is SUPER concerned with smog! BUT, MOST cars in CA are not as bad as you see on "Pimp my Ride" and some are not even that bad. I moved to wisconsin, and the cars over here are eye sores! Nasty rusting! BUNCH of cars with holes in their exhaust systems! Half a bumper missing or bumper cover only being held on by straps! People trying to sell rust buckets for more than what the car is worth, and they "know how much their car is worth bc of what they have done to it." Not to mention, the dozens of cars that die along the freeway every day cold days.

Post Thanks / Like

Whats a mechanical inspection?

All I have ever done is smog. They also look in the engine bay and under the car for "illegal" mods.
    Jacob

Post Thanks / Like
    In Pa there is a yearly inspection where they check the condition of your breaks, exhaust, lights, horn, wipers, tire tread and excessive wear, check body for rust through, suspension parts like tie rod ends, windshield, and finally in the last couple of years smog. If it fails any of these it must be repaired before you get your inspection passed sticker. Basically it's a safety inspection.
    Learning to detail for fun and to show my 96 Ford SVT Cobra, Black. My dad always said I was going to wax the paint right off my car. Would wax every weekend. GG 6" DAP

Post Thanks / Like

In southeast Louisiana new orleans metro are all I ever had checked was window tint and brake & head lights to get a inspection sticker or as I like to call it a tint sticker cause I always get limo tint I don't believe it's ok for a cop to have dark tint and not me I find it safe in my area to have tint cause nobody can see in my car that I'm in my car or by my self or have a few people in my car less likely to rob or shoot me (I've had a friend at the neighborhood i live in gas station get shot in his truck cause someone asked for change for a 20 and seen he had more than 20 luckly hes alive) anyway I find my way to get a sticker.
    Ryan Gville,LA

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spiney View Post
    I like to watch pimp my ride. From the condition of most of these cars there must be no mechanical inspection in California. They ride around with body parts hanging off or completely missing. You'd never get away with that in PA. Don't they have mechanical inspection in CA? Or are they just concerned with smog? Spiney

Not sure but would be willing to bet it's a Tv show, most of those cars came out of a junk yard. and should go back.

Post Thanks / Like

Here in Florida if it roles you can drive it. Cars do stay in good shape with the great weather. Mostly you see clearcoat failure or headlight damage due to extream heat. You do see the occasional bucket o' bolts but not a lot.

Post Thanks / Like

All they care about is the smog test. I'm guessing they use the cops and "fix it" tickets for the rest.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spiney View Post
    In Pa there is a yearly inspection where they check the condition of your breaks, exhaust, lights, horn, wipers, tire tread and excessive wear, check body for rust through, suspension parts like tie rod ends, windshield, and finally in the last couple of years smog. If it fails any of these it must be repaired before you get your inspection passed sticker. Basically it's a safety inspection.
    Im from PA as well, so when I moved to Indiana I was surprised they have nothing like the system PA has. No inspection OR emissions testing.

Post Thanks / Like
    You should see some of the piles of ..stuff driving around here lol.

I think Hammond, IN has the highest concentration of crappy cars in one area though lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast