autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone know how to or what is "digitizing" images for embroidery?

Anyone know how to "digitize" or what the heck this exactly is? I want to order a few custom items for my bus. (hats, duffle bag, etc.) and they all require the file or picture or whatever to be "digitized." They all can do it for me, but it's like $75 to have my file/image digitized.

What exactly is this? And is there a program anywhere that I can do this? Is this even something you do on a computer? One of the vendors that I'm going to get my hat from said I can bring in the "digitized" version on a CD, so this makes me think it's done through a computer somehow.

So again, anyone know what this is and how I can go about doing this?

Post Thanks / Like
    I think it is when their software breaks the image down and then puts it into a file that their machine can read, and then they look it over to make sure all the lines are correct.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuke33
    I think it is when their software breaks the image down and then puts it into a file that their machine can read, and then they look it over to make sure all the lines are correct.
    Yea, I found this: "Digitizing is the process of converting an electronic copy of custom artwork or logos into data that can be read by an embroidery machine."

Now If I can somehow find a program or something and then save that file to a CD.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well they may still be using a diffent software

Post Thanks / Like
    If you find a way to do it please let me know. I've been quoted 80 dollars just for set-up, then 15 to 20 a shirt. Yikes!

Post Thanks / Like
    I think it come's with the machine and it can only be used on that machine.
    My buddies wife has a machine and it has what they call a Dongle or somthing like that on it.

Same thing as a Stack DA system on a race car, only one computer can use it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Im guessing its run of the same command type prompts as any automatic machinery, so Im guessing all you need is the machine code printout so the machine knows where to "stitch". If there is a bass pro shops in your area they can make things pretty cheap I remember bringing them some stuff and you could load your image on the computer and they would do it all for you for pretty cheap.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AUdakota
    Im guessing its run of the same command type prompts as any automatic machinery, so Im guessing all you need is the machine code printout so the machine knows where to "stitch". If there is a bass pro shops in your area they can make things pretty cheap I remember bringing them some stuff and you could load your image on the computer and they would do it all for you for pretty cheap.
    I live in Savannah, so I give Bass Pro a shot. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    The place I went to was "Lids" or "Hat World" in the malls. Not sure how popular they are.

The guy told me I can bring in a "digitized" version of my image on a CD and they can do it from that. He said if I knew anyone that can do it, that go for it basically. So this makes me think it's not unique to a machine.

Also, I was looking for a custom duffle. One of the options was to upload my "digitized" file/image. So again, this makes me think it's just some kind of file.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you dont mind email me that file and Ill see if I still have the program that could do it. I dont know if I do but its worth a shot.

oh yeah domanfp@auburn.edu

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast