autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Figured I'd share this with you guys.

Sorry to hear stories like this. The officers with an attitude make it hard on all officers. They saw a shiny sports car and wanted a closer look, so had to come up with a reason to pull you over.

Years ago, a State trooper was always on my case, mostly when off duty. He stopped me once on duty and chewed me out for going the speed limit through a little hamlet because he couldn't give me a ticket! What a jerk!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jpegs13 View Post
    Man I despise the LIE!
    Seriously so do I. Only thing I like is It gets me to work in a timely manner. I leave my house at 9:15 and get to work at 10. If I took 347 to the Northern state I'd have to leave 9 and I'd get in at 10.
    Quote Originally Posted by vet View Post
    Sorry to hear stories like this. The officers with an attitude make it hard on all officers. They saw a shiny sports car and wanted a closer look, so had to come up with a reason to pull you over.

Years ago, a State trooper was always on my case, mostly when off duty. He stopped me once on duty and chewed me out for going the speed limit through a little hamlet because he couldn't give me a ticket! What a jerk!
    Haha I here ya, I will never bash on cops because not all of them are jerks but some just ruin it for all. In your case I don't know what that officer was thinking? Was he trying to find a reason to give you a ticket?

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, he was. He met me outside the hamlet and turned around, figuring I wouldn't slow down to the speed limit (35) going through it. Since I did slow down, he caught up to me before I was through it. He had to have been going at least 80 to catch up to me.

He was always on me for something, anything really. I think he was jealous because I still had a high performance car, even if I was married with kids. He ended up getting transferred after he wrecked his pesonal car one night when he was drunk and tried to outrun the local police. A real jerk, in my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

Police officers these days need more training so that they don't fire 35 bullets each at a suspect who carries a pellet gun. Second, sensitivity training of sorts to assess people better and have a bias towards respect and awareness. Officers these days seem to be giving up one for the other. The ATF agent who was killed on New Years Eve in Seaford; what a tragedy. SkateForGirl's event is also a tragedy but on a much more smaller scale. All points towards training to me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vet View Post
    Yes, he was. He met me outside the hamlet and turned around, figuring I wouldn't slow down to the speed limit (35) going through it. Since I did slow down, he caught up to me before I was through it. He had to have been going at least 80 to catch up to me.

He was always on me for something, anything really. I think he was jealous because I still had a high performance car, even if I was married with kids. He ended up getting transferred after he wrecked his pesonal car one night when he was drunk and tried to outrun the local police. A real jerk, in my opinion.
    Yea I had a police officer who pulled me over because I used to have a Euro plate on the front of my car (I had a VW) and gave me a ticket for it. The since he knew where I lived he used to wait for me on this one block and pull me over 2 more times since the initial pull over. I know its my stupidity for keeping the Euro plate on but I feel as if he was kind of harassing me ya know.

Quote Originally Posted by mwoolfso View Post
    Police officers these days need more training so that they don't fire 35 bullets each at a suspect who carries a pellet gun. Second, sensitivity training of sorts to assess people better and have a bias towards respect and awareness. Officers these days seem to be giving up one for the other. The ATF agent who was killed on New Years Eve in Seaford; what a tragedy. SkateForGirl's event is also a tragedy but on a much more smaller scale. All points towards training to me.
    Such a tragedy on New Years Eve. I couldn't believe that story. Anybody who doesn't know this story its in this below link.
    Investigation Continues Into Deadly Seaford Pharmacy Robbery « CBS New York
    I understand that the trooper had every right to pull me over. I don't have a front plate or stickers in my window. I don't believe he should of just threw all my papers at me though. I gave them respect expecting to get respect in return. Its all good though. I'm sure they have some rough days ya know.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SkateForGirl View Post
    I understand that the trooper had every right to pull me over. I don't have a front plate or stickers in my window. I don't believe he should of just threw all my papers at me though. I gave them respect expecting to get respect in return.
    Another way of looking at it is that you DID disrespect them...by not complying with the laws of your state and knowingly not displaying your front plate and inspection/registration stickers. Then you got out of it with your get-out-of-jail-free card...and you're peeved that he tossed your papers at you? And don't think you're the first one to try the "I just got my windshield replaced..." line on them. And it's not like this is new to you because you just told another story about your front plate

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Another way of looking at it is that you DID disrespect them...by not complying with the laws of your state and knowingly not displaying your front plate and inspection/registration stickers. Then you got out of it with your get-out-of-jail-free card...and you're peeved that he tossed your papers at you? And don't think you're the first one to try the "I just got my windshield replaced..." line on them. And it's not like this is new to you because you just told another story about your front plate
    Lol I guess your right. Its the risk I take.

I'm a stubborn person when it comes to my car and the way it looks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SkateForGirl View Post
    Lol I guess your right. Its the risk I take.

I'm a stubborn person when it comes to my car and the way it looks.
    I don't like the front plate laws of my state either...But I've deemed that I must comply. (Made my own "removable bracket"...The stock one, if used, is glued to the 'nose' on the front clip...Which, BTW, looks worse than this one!)

With:

Without: (Shown below in signature.)

Glad you weren't ticketed....
    The fines are quite steep (and they are progressive) where I live.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

There is a police officer in my area who is notorious for being rude and giving out tickets like they're Halloween candy. From what I hear, it is impossible to talk your way out of a ticket with him. Just yesterday, a kid I go to school with got a $256 ticket from him.

He has a maroon Crown Vic with dark tinted windows. He is known as the "Burgundy Bastardd".
    1999 Toyota Avalon XLS - Diamond White Pearl

Chris

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123