autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 105 FirstFirst 12345678910111252102 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Word of the Day

I love me some 5 dolla words.
    2011 Ford Edge Limited - White Platinum Metallic
    2012 Ford F150 FX4 Lux - Sterling Gray Metallic

Post Thanks / Like
    My wife picked up a new word recently and uses it multiple times a day.

"Idiot"

I have no idea what it means but I assume its positive since she calls me by that word and I am pretty awesome.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tundra_10 View Post
    I love learning new words that enhance my ever-growing and pronounced vernacular which eludes and percludes ones idea that I am anything but intelligent and a master of my vocabulary.

... if anyone has any cool words they just learned or picked up recently, throw them up. Make sure to give me the definition because I am bad with trying to use cool words where they do not belong.
    Great thread!!! I absolutely love it when I can find a word that fits perfectly. I'm such a word nut that I actually have my own "word collection". As I'm reading, if I run across one that I don't know, I mark the page and when I have some time, I enter it, the part of speech, and the definition in an excel spreadsheet. I'm on number 289, but I haven't been very diligent lately. And sadly, I forget most of the ones I collect. And those I can remember, I can't pronounce.

I'll give this a shot, though. There are so many great words to pick from, but I want mine to be something fitting... I'll go with:

Refulgent - Shining brightly; radiant; brilliant.

a full pot of coffee to myself of some of the best friggin' coffee in the world
    Don't want to deviate; however, I'm curious. What is this coffee to which you refer?

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX725 View Post
    -In my lifetime, there have been a few individuals whose knowledge and grasp of the English language has stood out as unique to me, as well as others.
    -They were considered to be the demi-gods of sesquipedalianists.:

William F. Buckley, Jr.
    William Safire
    Spiro T. Agnew
    Winston Churchill is another sagacious logophile I venerate.
    -Laura
    2009 Audi A5 3.2L Quattro Deep Sea Blue S-Line & 1986 Jeep CJ7 360 V8 Auto w/B&M Shift Kit

Post Thanks / Like

Good idea. I tend to think I have a good vocabulary but i never use the big words. On the other hand, I have 3 free apps that have a word of the day in French, portuguese, and Japanese but they're just normal everyday words and not like the ones in this thread.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Laura View Post
    Don't want to deviate; however, I'm curious. What is this coffee to which you refer?
    Hey awesome contribution!!! The coffee I quaff [like that word?? =) ] is from the Asheville Coffee Roasters. The blend I get is not on their website but it is a blend they make for a restaurant in their local area. When I call in I ask for the "Over Easy" blend. They will send to you either whole bean (which I prefer) or ground if you do not have a grinder. This coffee is so smooth that I only need a couple scoops of sugar, it really does not need that, however I do like a little extra sweetness. I have had many other types of gourmet coffee and the only one I can think of off the top of my head is peet's and it does not hold a candlestick to this stuff. It is a little pricy at about 12 per pound but oh so worth it! They ship it fresh and quickly. They are amazing!

Here is the link incase you are interested. They are masters at what they do, if you have a special flavor in mind tell them and they can suggest so many different types that you might enjoy.

Just peaking at their site I think the price per pound went up. I have not ordered from them for a while as I buy a few pounds at a time.

Welcome to Ashville Coffee Roasters and the home of Pitbull On Crack Gourmet CoffeePitbullOnCrack.com
    Why was the Energizer Bunny arrested?... He was charged with battery.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Porsche Pilot View Post
    My wife picked up a new word recently and uses it multiple times a day.

"Idiot"

I have no idea what it means but I assume its positive since she calls me by that word and I am pretty awesome.
    lol! good stuff!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey awesome contribution!!! The coffee I quaff [like that word?? =) ] is from the Asheville Coffee Roasters. The blend I get is not on their website but it is a blend they make for a restaurant in their local area. When I call in I ask for the "Over Easy" blend. They will send to you either whole bean (which I prefer) or ground if you do not have a grinder. This coffee is so smooth that I only need a couple scoops of sugar, it really does not need that, however I do like a little extra sweetness. I have had many other types of gourmet coffee and the only one I can think of off the top of my head is peet's and it does not hold a candlestick to this stuff. It is a little pricy at about 12 per pound but oh so worth it! They ship it fresh and quickly. They are amazing!

Here is the link incase you are interested. They are masters at what they do, if you have a special flavor in mind tell them and they can suggest so many different types that you might enjoy.

Just peaking at their site I think the price per pound went up. I have not ordered from them for a while as I buy a few pounds at a time.

Welcome to Ashville Coffee Roasters and the home of Pitbull On Crack Gourmet CoffeePitbullOnCrack.com
    Same price as pound of Starbucks coffee so sounds like a good price to me! Do you use a regular codes maker or a French press? If you haven't tried a French press it is life changing! Coffee tastes better and youcan make one cup petty quick.

Post Thanks / Like

friggin'

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FlawlessJ View Post
    Same price as pound of Starbucks coffee so sounds like a good price to me! Do you use a regular codes maker or a French press? If you haven't tried a French press it is life changing! Coffee tastes better and youcan make one cup petty quick.
    Oh believe me, I did not even mention starbucks because they are not even in the same league as Peet's in my eyes and like I said this stuff puts Peet's to shame. Heck with Burger King serving Seattles Finest I prefer Burger King over Starbuck's. I use a regular coffee pot as I usually am making it before work. I have had french press it is amazing but a little more complex and time consuming when I am on the go. I set when I go to bed and the timer kicks it on for me when I get up.

Post Thanks / Like

The wold of the day for 1/9/12

pulchritudinous pul-chri-tu-di-nous

Definition: Physically Beautiful; Comely

Source: Dictionary.com

The pulchritudinous paint work on the Ferrari FXX exemplifies its already demanding prowess of performance on and off the track.

Page 2 of 105 FirstFirst 12345678910111252102 ... LastLast