autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Home Theater Install Products website

I third bluejeanscable!!!! I think it is a little better quality than mono.

Post Thanks / Like

markertek is worth noting as well.

and +1 for bluejeanscable

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loudog2 View Post
    I third bluejeanscable!!!! I think it is a little better quality than mono.
    bluejeanscable is better than monoprice, but also more expensive. I don't use anything but BJC for HDMI cables though. Honestly their LC1 is a fantastic 'entry' level cable. It is on par or better than many boutique entry level cables. I'm not ashamed to admit that it would be better in some situations than my own entry level offerings. However, my better offerings are substantially better.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soloz2 View Post
    bluejeanscable is better than monoprice, but also more expensive. I don't use anything but BJC for HDMI cables though. Honestly their LC1 is a fantastic 'entry' level cable. It is on par or better than many boutique entry level cables. I'm not ashamed to admit that it would be better in some situations than my own entry level offerings. However, my better offerings are substantially better.
    Don't be fooled by boutique cables. If a cable meets a certain standard (HDMI 1.3a, 1.4, etc..) than it will have the same quality as any other cable with the equivalent rating. The ridiculous brands like "Monster" offer NO better picture quality than any of their competitors.
    2011 Ford Edge Limited - White Platinum Metallic
    2012 Ford F150 FX4 Lux - Sterling Gray Metallic

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shawnw View Post
    Don't be fooled by boutique cables. If a cable meets a certain standard (HDMI 1.3a, 1.4, etc..) than it will have the same quality as any other cable with the equivalent rating. The ridiculous brands like "Monster" offer NO better picture quality than any of their competitors.
    When talking HDMI cables Blue Jeans Belden series is actually the best you can buy including 'boutique' cables.

I would never call Monster 'Boutique' I'd call it over priced, garbage, etc... I was talking about analog interconnects when I mentioned boutique.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you need analog cables, then spend the money on a good cable from BJC. If you need digital cables go monoprice. Fact is a digital signal either works or it doesnt. There will be zero difference in picture quality between a monoprice HDMI cable and. BJC HDMI cable. The BJC will certainly be more durable than the monoprice cable. But that is it!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tw33k2514 View Post
    The BJC will certainly be more durable than the monoprice cable. But that is it!
    Yeah, that's the problem I had with some cheap ones I got from Newegg before I found Monoprice...if you simply bumped the cable the signal would cut out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tw33k2514 View Post
    If you need analog cables, then spend the money on a good cable from BJC. If you need digital cables go monoprice. Fact is a digital signal either works or it doesnt. There will be zero difference in picture quality between a monoprice HDMI cable and. BJC HDMI cable. The BJC will certainly be more durable than the monoprice cable. But that is it!

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Yeah, that's the problem I had with some cheap ones I got from Newegg before I found Monoprice...if you simply bumped the cable the signal would cut out.
    Monoprice cables are relatively durable. I have beaten all of mine up to varying degrees and never had an issue. This includes fishing between floors, through walls, tight angles behind TV's, and simply doing things that should never be done to them. I bought like 10 3 footers, 10 6 footers, and 10 10 footers. I'm still working off the original order and have yet to break/replace any that are in use.
    2011 Ford Edge Limited - White Platinum Metallic
    2012 Ford F150 FX4 Lux - Sterling Gray Metallic

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12