autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

English Custom Metal Polish : Custom Blend

I try to use and endorse Autogeek products whenever possible. That said, I still have a taste to try all other products and really look for the best of the best in a category. Well I found one tonight ...

I have aluminum uncoated wheels and they are a pain to keep clean. I regularly use P21S Wheel Cleaner or P21S Polishing Soap. I then move to a metal cleaner like Simichrome or Mothers Powerpolish to brighten the wheels. Its hard work even with the Mothers Powerball.

The polish listed above was found on an internet search for metal polishes. They offer around 6 choices and I pulled two. I decided to try the Show polish tonight before Detailfest as time is limited and wheels needed a lift. WOW !! It was amazing ... you add it and tarnish (black) starts to show immediately. You go to rebuff and it seems like it is going to be a bear to remove. But wait ... it almost turns to a chrome like look in front of your eyes and a quick buff brings it out to a super glistening.

Needless to say, I will speak with Capt Max about supporting this line in the furture. Note my bottles looked slightly different as were silver and used less than 2 ounces for all four wheels. Very heavy solvent/gas smell, but offered a PH level of neutral.
    Last edited by ScottB; 02-23-2007 at 11:17 PM.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    We use the Truckers Polish (stronger cleaners) and mostly the Hot Enviroment.
    Ric
    HOGtailing is my business

Detailing at the Dog

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by killrwheels@autogeek

I try to use and endorse Autogeek products whenever possible. That said, I still have a taste to try all other products and really look for the best of the best in a category. Well I found one tonight ...

I have aluminum uncoated wheels and they are a pain to keep clean. I regularly use P21S Wheel Cleaner or P21S Polishing Soap. I then move to a metal cleaner like Simichrome or Mothers Powerpolish to brighten the wheels. Its hard work even with the Mothers Powerball.

The polish listed above was found on an internet search for metal polishes. They offer around 6 choices and I pulled two. I decided to try the Show polish tonight before Detailfest as time is limited and wheels needed a lift. WOW !! It was amazing ... you add it and tarnish (black) starts to show immediately. You go to rebuff and it seems like it is going to be a bear to remove. But wait ... it almost turns to a chrome like look in front of your eyes and a quick buff brings it out to a super glistening.

Needless to say, I will speak with Capt Max about supporting this line in the furture. Note my bottles looked slightly different as were silver and used less than 2 ounces for all four wheels. Very heavy solvent/gas smell, but offered a PH level of neutral.
    Looks like a good metal polish to try. What about Simichrome? worth a try?
    Have you considered a metal sealant to seal those wheels to keep them clean longer?
    2008 Acura MDX Sport white pearl (daily driver)
    2009 BMW E70 X5 4.8i jet black (garage queen)
    2013 BMW F25 X3 2.8 jet black (wife's car)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by supercharged
    Looks like a good metal polish to try. What about Simichrome? worth a try?
    Have you considered a metal sealant to seal those wheels to keep them clean longer?
    sorry, I missed these questions. I use to use Simichrome all the time, and this is much more impressive. I too got the Truckers Version, but it did not seem to work as fast or as beautiful as the Custom Blend.

I have sealed these wheels with most paint sealants, and even waxes. It works for a limited time. Problem is once the sealant gives out you start to see the rims whiten, and thus need to start all over again. So for me currently:

Wash (P21S Wheel Cleaner)
    Clean (P21S Polishing Soap)
    Polish (English Custom Blend)
    Protect (DP Wheel Glaze, Poorboys Sealant, or Rejex)

Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    sorry, I missed these questions. I use to use Simichrome all the time, and this is much more impressive. I too got the Truckers Version, but it did not seem to work as fast or as beautiful as the Custom Blend.

I have sealed these wheels with most paint sealants, and even waxes. It works for a limited time. Problem is once the sealant gives out you start to see the rims whiten, and thus need to start all over again. So for me currently:

Wash (P21S Wheel Cleaner)
    Clean (P21S Polishing Soap)
    Polish (English Custom Blend)
    Protect (DP Wheel Glaze, Poorboys Sealant, or Rejex)
    Thanks for the info, Scott.
    2008 Acura MDX Sport white pearl (daily driver)
    2009 BMW E70 X5 4.8i jet black (garage queen)
    2013 BMW F25 X3 2.8 jet black (wife's car)

Post Thanks / Like

Great info. I have HRE 540 wheels on my Nissan 300ZX and they are a major PITA to keep clean. They are almost identical in looks to the wheels on your Vette. This is something I might have to try.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Great to see that ag is looking for new products, hope it gets added to the line up