autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Worse Day I Have Had In a Long Time!!

So I wake up today and get an email regarding a deal I'm running with living social on Thursday- Back in Aug I signed a contract to run with them in the beginning Dec. They couldn't get me in till this coming Thursday. So I get an email talking about living social amazon...Well I called and I asked them what this was all about and they said yea we have to run you through here before we can run you on living social and I said what are you talking about? So he proceeds to tell me he told me about this in Aug and I started to get a little irritated and decided it was best to get off the phone with him lol.

I called back about 20 min later when I started to look at the contract. I told him I thought he was deceitful and I thought this was a scam and I'm not happy one bit. He tries to play it off a little longer. See my plan this year was to move back to FL Jan 2nd and do what I did last year. I decided after talking with living social that I would buy this new steam cleaner that retails for $6,000 and be able to wash vehicles in St. Louis when the temps go below freezing. Now I know this was gamble but with a reputable company like living social I thought I could pull it off.

Any ways the guy slipped up and said that they signed with Amazon back in September...I signed in Aug! I called him out and he still tried to deny it!! Anyways what happened was they scheduled someone else to run and forgot about me so they tried to push me off on a site that no one knows about.

So hear I am its winter time and I have an expensive piece of equipment with no business...Anyways I was feeling down so I went to my grandpas grave site and the second I pulled in I realized man I got it going on! I have more stuff today than I probably deserve!! When I think of my grandpa one of the things he told me was 'I'm going to get it some day' He saw me always trying but I would always have set backs but I would be right back at till I got it right. I left there feeling a little better!

That feeling better lasted till I got home and the girl I was seeing decided to delete me on Facebook and block my number! Like seriously I did nothing but treated this girl like a queen and she does this- Lets say I was a little distraught! Sat there for an hour feeling sorry for myself and realized hey I still got it going on and I don't need here either

See I heard this guy say last night about his dad dying the other day, 'This isn't a problem this is an experience!' I thought that was the coolest thing I may have heard in a very long time-

Today wasn't a problem it was an experience!! Thanks for reading!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Worse Day I Have Had In a Long Time!!

I think everything happens for a reason , good or bad. I think since you have got you head on right and thinking positive you will succeed. You might have to improvise and try alternate routes but in the end with your drive and determination , you will come out a better man.

Post Thanks / Like

dont' worry, and be happy.
    you have the optima, worst case, you knock each door and ask if they need winter car wash.

Post Thanks / Like

I too look at adversity as opportunity for growth. It's been my experience that without adversity there is no chance of growth. Looking at my problems as opportunities to grow and finding a way to work through them instead of looking for ways to side step them ensures that I am truly moving forward in a good direction, even when it hurts.

I've heard all of my life people saying "What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger". What I've found out about this statement is that there are a few different roads to choose in this situation.

1. I can pass the buck and make it someone else's problem which will likely arouse anger and cause friction in that relationship ensuring future problems.

2. I can attempt to sidestep the problem all together, going about my business pretending that there is no problem which almost always gets me or someone else in a bigger mess later on down the road.

3. I can take on the problem squarely, finding a way to work through it in a healthy way (and it is OK to ask for help from the more experienced) ensuring that next time I see this problem I have a tool in which to handle it at my disposal. This is growth.

Sometimes I see people around me looking at problems and saying "Oh my God, this is terrible", and having worked through the same thing myself I think "No it's not, I've seen terrible and this is not it", and here I have another set of choices. Having been through the same thing and having a clear vision of the solution, I can lend a hand and make a new friend or I can walk on by allowing them to wallow in "terrible" until they make a decision to work it out, or sidestep it.

Things are rarely as bad or as complicated as they sometimes appear to be. I can walk around bearing the weight of this terribly heavy bag of lemons or, I can make lemonade and we can all drink.

I can go on and on with this kind of positive thinking but I'll stop here.

Have a great day Tom.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry you had a rough day Tom. Its going to happen to each of us from time to time. You still have your health at least.

If I were you I would seek relief in the Word of God and ask him to start guiding your life starting today!
    “Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

Post Thanks / Like

Tom...it sounds like you took your own rant and turned it positive the more you type it out.

I am a firm believer that things happen for a reason. God will put things in your life and will take things from your life. All of this happened for a reason, reasons which you may not understand at this moment. I wouldn't worry about either situation. It seems like you do enough business to cover the new steamer (which is pretty freakin awesome). Indeed you do have alot of "stuff," things that others may not have. I, myself, has drooled over some of the equipment you have. Recently, I found myself "wanting" more things in my life...more material things. Every morning when I have my talk with God, I ask him to keep me humble and to remind me that I have more "stuff" than others.

As far as the girl...don't sweat her....anyone that can leave you is not bound to you, and never was bound to you. It may be hard at first, but she too has been removed from your life for a reason. She's a coward to not flat out tell you what was going on and that she had to resort to facebook and blocking your number....thats real shallow. But again...it has happened for a reason.

In both of these situations, I suggest sitting in silence and take the lesson of what God is trying to teach you....as everything in life is a lesson. Take it...and move forward.

Just like you said to yourself...you "got it goin on!"
    Alex
    ...."Do the right thing...even when no one is looking"

Post Thanks / Like

You've got it Shinetime!

Alex, that's it my friend! As Dave mentioned, facing problems, or what seem like problems, head on is part of the learning experience and character building. Finding the good from something seemingly bad that's happened to you as Dave said, "What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger." I've learned to call them, "Life's lessons" because that's what they are...stepping stones...character builders.

Sometimes it can even take years to see a "lesson", or the positive things that stemmed from a bad situation. Actually, I've recently found that once you begin to learn how to do this, or better said, once you are aware enough to see the good from a negative, you actually begin to do it better, more often, and much quicker. You begin to look at life differently, and accept the role you've been given, and the changes that may take place in that role.

I'll leave you with something my grandma always said to me, even as she took her last breath...

..."Remember son, no matter how bad things in life get, remember there's always someone worse off than you."

Ask yourself often, "Is anyone around me worse off than I am." Soon you won't be asking yourself that question, but rather instantly appreciating your blessings.

I'm standing tall and working through my own trials, but I consider it a blessing to be able to breathe and be able to type some words of encouragement to all who may read them.
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone for all the replies! The funny thing was the night before this happened I had a nice talk prayer with what I believe in....I do this every night and morning but lately it has just been real quick and nothing special... Last night I actually said thank you for today because in all reality it was a good day, there were certain things I didn't do that back a few years ago I wouldve resorted to real quick. I also didn't tell one person yesterday to go you know what themselves! Haha

Post Thanks / Like

Now I have to figure out if I want to run with groupon...they want to run me on the 20 and that might do really good for last minute gifts...just not sure because I've heard bad things about groupon.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tuscarora dave View Post
    I too look at adversity as opportunity for growth. It's been my experience that without adversity there is no chance of growth. Looking at my problems as opportunities to grow and finding a way to work through them instead of looking for ways to side step them ensures that I am truly moving forward in a good direction, even when it hurts.

I've heard all of my life people saying "What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger". What I've found out about this statement is that there are a few different roads to choose in this situation.

1. I can pass the buck and make it someone else's problem which will likely arouse anger and cause friction in that relationship ensuring future problems.

2. I can attempt to sidestep the problem all together, going about my business pretending that there is no problem which almost always gets me or someone else in a bigger mess later on down the road.

3. I can take on the problem squarely, finding a way to work through it in a healthy way (and it is OK to ask for help from the more experienced) ensuring that next time I see this problem I have a tool in which to handle it at my disposal. This is growth.

Sometimes I see people around me looking at problems and saying "Oh my God, this is terrible", and having worked through the same thing myself I think "No it's not, I've seen terrible and this is not it", and here I have another set of choices. Having been through the same thing and having a clear vision of the solution, I can lend a hand and make a new friend or I can walk on by allowing them to wallow in "terrible" until they make a decision to work it out, or sidestep it.

Things are rarely as bad or as complicated as they sometimes appear to be. I can walk around bearing the weight of this terribly heavy bag of lemons or, I can make lemonade and we can all drink.

I can go on and on with this kind of positive thinking but I'll stop here.

Have a great day Tom.
    AWESOME advice Dave!!!
    Alex
    ...."Do the right thing...even when no one is looking"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast