autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: $10.00 hand car wash/detailers

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyG View Post
    When someone tells me they can get there car wash done for $10.00 I politely tell them I cannot compete with this and they should take advantage of this great price...I also tell them to bring it back to me and I'll do it correctly.....for $25.00.....
    Had one like that yesterday BOBBY G pulls up yelling from car window how much as I was working on another vehicle, my wife sees the frustration on my face (shounting from moving car, come on) before I turn to reply and she says politely to lady $20.00 TODAY (discount) her passenger says too high the driver replies how much did she say and passenger and wife repeats $20.00, quietly saying that's too much says ok and drives off, at time I was work on a JAGUAR XF (BLACK) of a repeat customer,lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 215Detailing View Post
    Had one like that yesterday BOBBY G pulls up yelling from car window how much as I was working on another vehicle, my wife sees the frustration on my face (shounting from moving car, come on) before I turn to reply and she says politely to lady $20.00 TODAY (discount) her passenger says too high the driver replies how much did she say and passenger and wife repeats $20.00, quietly saying that's too much says ok and drives off, at time I was work on a JAGUAR XF (BLACK) of a repeat customer,lol
    My friend, they're out there and their multiplying!

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like
    Its even worse when your loving neighbors walk up to you while you're washing your car, striking up a conversation and asking you to hurry up so you can start on theirs (as in free).

Those that know better....know never distract me once I start working on my car, two...I gave up working for free a million years ago.

Now my new attractive, rich, single lady neighbor...she might be able to violate my principles.

Chuckles.
    In my day we didn't have the Internet, iPods,iPads, or smart phones....but we had some really bad-azz cars.

Post Thanks / Like
    I honestly don't mind the super cheap guys. They just make my work look better and my business model more appealing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AG Online
    Visual Pro Detailing - Auto Detailing near Marion, IL. Call
    (618) 983-9706 www.visualprodetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

I do a lot of traveling when in the US. I have come across only one place that did a job I was happy with. My wife often says why do you pay them $20 only to go back after them and clean up.

This place was on the corner of !8th and Ashland ave on the South Side of Chicago. I went there every week in college. For $10 the hand washed exterior (foam blasting exterior), dried with a spray detailer, blew out the water all around the car, cleaned the windows (streak free), vacuumed the interior and cleaned dash and cuo hoolders, as well as dressed the tires. Now it was a cash only place and were likely non-leagl workers, but they did a phenomenal job on my black Jeep Grand Cherokee. The cloths were always fresh and clean, never once did they leave a swirl.
    Detailing is a way of life, not a hobby!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyG View Post
    When someone tells me they can get there car wash done for $10.00 I politely tell them I cannot compete with this and they should take advantage of this great price...I also tell them to bring it back to me and I'll do it correctly.....for $25.00.....
    Thanks BobbyG, Most do not understand a wash from a Detail,lol or the value of quality products are the business side of it. Most think the worker is out for the quick job and dollar

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by silverfox View Post
    Its even worse when your loving neighbors walk up to you while you're washing your car, striking up a conversation and asking you to hurry up so you can start on theirs (as in free).

Those that know better....know never distract me once I start working on my car, two...I gave up working for free a million years ago.

Now my new attractive, rich, single lady neighbor...she might be able to violate my principles.

Chuckles.
    Well technically it wouldn't be free. It's an exchange of services if you do it right. More like a barter. So no violation of your principles at all! :P

Post Thanks / Like

JUST VENTING - FORGIVE ME

SOME THOUGHTS ON DETAILING
    MY BUSINESS
    A GOOD POST TO READ BY ALL THAT ARE USING DETAILING & PAINT SURFACE CORRECTION SERVICES:
    Production Detailing - Defined?
    WHY DO I DETAIL FROM MY HOME?
    CONVIENCE, LOWER OVERHEAD (COST), I CAN BUY HIGHER END EQUIPMENT & PRODUCTS.
    WHY DO I CHARGE THE SAME OR MORE AS THE SHOPS AND MOBILE DETAILERS?
    SEARCH DETAILING RATES AND PAINT CORRECTION SERVICES ONLINE. YOU WILL NOTICE MOST (PHILA) PLACES OR TECHS UNDERCHARGE IT'S ABOUT THAT QUICK DOLLAR.
    I HAVE A NINE TO FIVE (MAIN JOB) SO DETAILING IS MY PASSION (STRESS RELIEVER) BUT I HAVE MY BUSINESS LICENSE SO I PAY TAXES ON MY DETAILING JUST LIKE THE SHOP AND MOBILE FOLKS SUPPOSE TOO YEARLY THAT IS ONE REASON FOR ME CHARGING WHAT I CHARGE.
    I WILL NOT MAKE ANY FALSE CLAIMS AT THIS TIME TO SAY I KNOW IT ALL IN DETAILING OR PAINT CORRECTION, OR I AM THE BEST IN THE CITY OR WHATEVER, BUT WHAT I WILL SAY IS I LEARNED BASIC DETAILING IN GERMANY AND I HAVE VERY GOOD KNOWLEDGE AS TO THE WORKING OF THE TRADE.
    WHEN IA SHOP DOES YOUR VEHICLE SAD TO SAY BUT TIME IS MONEY AND THEY ARE TRYING TO MAKE RENT AT THE LEAST SO THEY NEED A FEW VEHICLES TO BE DONE, ME I WORK FROM HOME RENT IS PAID THROUGH MY REGULAR JOB SO IF I HAD A SHOP (PRODUCTION) WORK ASSEMBLY LINE DETAILING I WOULD BE TRYING TO RUSH CARS AND THAT MEAN EITHER LOW BUDGET PRODUCTS AND EQUIPMENT, LOW COST LABOR, OR SHORTCUTS.
    I TAKE PRIDE IN MY SKILLS AND YOU ARE PAYING ( A MINIMUM) AT THE CURRENT TIME FOR HIGH QUIALITY SERVICE, THIS IS WHY I WORK BY APPOINTMENT AND MOST WORK IS DONE BY ME.
    PRODUCTION DETAILING, YOU MAY HAVE A DIFFERENT INDIVIDUAL WORKING ON YOUR VEHICLE EVERY TIME.
    YOU SHOULD VIEW THE PRODUCTS (CHEMICALS AND EQUIPMENT THE YOUR TECH IS USING,
    IF AND WHEN I DO GO MOBILE OR SHOP MY THERY IS STILL THE SAME QUALITY SKILLS AND PRODUCTS BUT MORE CASH VALUE FOR MY SERVICES AND TIME (BASICALLY VERY LIMITED DISCOUNTS).
    I HAVE BEEN APPROACHED SEVERAL TIMES BY SO CALLED INVESTORS AND BUSINESS FOLKS THAT HAVE TAKEN TO MY SERVICES AND SKILLS AND ASK ME TO GO INTO THE COUNTY AND WORK IN THEIR SHOPS, NOPE I REFUSE TO DETAIL FOR SOMEONE ELSE WHEN I HAVE A REGULAR JOB, THAT STATE MY PAY WOULD BE MORE IN THE SUBARBS AS IF I DON'T KNOW THIS BUT HOURS WOULD BE LONGER AND I WOULD BE WORKING FOR SOMEONE ELSE.
    THEY TELL ME TO FIND A SHOP OUT IN THE COUNTY AND THEY WOULD INVEST IN ME AND MY COMPANY SO I STILL SAY NO... IF I CAN'T DO IT MYSELF I WILL NOT DO (WHILE HAVING A REGUALR JOB TO FALL BACK ON) .
    THEY SEE THAT I HAVE THE CUSTOMERS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EQUIPMENT AND PASSION, BUT ASSUME BECAUSE OF MY RATES AND OTHERS IN AREA (DETAILERS) THAT I DO NOT KNOW MY VALUE. I'M VERY WELL AWARE OF MY TRADE VALUES AND THE BASES OF DOING BUSINESS, AND QUITE A FEW MOBILE AND SHOP GUYS DO NOT UNDERSTAND AS WELL AS CUSTOMERS THE MEANING AND TERM DOING BUSINESS - AS IN COST OF DOING BUSINESS TO THE OWNER/TECH,
    IF THEY KNEW THE COST OF DOING BUSINESS NOT TO MANY PLACES WOULD CHARGE UNDER $30.00 FOR A BASIC EXTERIOR (ONLY) WASH.
    COST OF BUSINESS IS FACTORING IN AMOUNTS FOR THE COST OF YOUR SKILL AND TIME, THE COST OF RENT AND BILLS, THE COST OF PRODUCTS AND REORDERS AS WELL AS THE COST OF EQUIPMENT WITH REPAIRS AND REPLACEMENTS FACTORED IN.
    YOU HAVE TO FACTOR IN BUSINESS INSURANCES, GAS, WATER, ELECTRIC, TAXES, PHONE, ADVERTISEMENT, PAYROLL, MEDICAL JUST TO NAME A FEW SO FOR EVERY DOLLAR YOU MAKE HOW MUCH HAS TO GO INTO EACH POT FOR COST OF BUSINESS, ALOT TO KNOW AND THINK ABOUT BEFORE CALLING YOURSELF A BUSINESS AND DOING BUSINESS.
    SO WHEN YOU GO CHEAP SOMETIMES YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.GET TO KNOW YOUR DETAIL BUSINESS (DETAILER) AND SEE WHAT REALLY GOES ON WITH THE BUSINESS.
    THEIR IS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A CAR WASH, A DETAIL AND PAINT CORRECTION SERVICES
    RESEARCH WHAT AND WHEN YOU CAN.
    I POSTED THIS AWHILE BACK GOOD READ:
    $10.00 hand car wash/detailers
    AS YOU MAY NOTICE I AM IN SEVERAL DETAILING FORUMS TO STAY ABREAST OF THE TRADE.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast