autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

getting flagged on craigslist?

Anyone else have this problem? There's nothing wrong with my ad.. I don't post every day. Probably once a week. I don't have a ton of HTML, just a body, image and a link.

In my area, there's about 4-5 mobile detailers who post their ads, all about as often as me. Some more so. But I found myself getting flagged and deleted... I'm new, so right now the majority of my customers find me on craigslist... Needless to say I'm pretty ticked off....

1 of 2 reasons I'm assuming,

1) Somewhere in my ad, there is actually something that violates rules somehow

2) Someone with nothing better to do, or another detailer is trying to improve their chances of getting calls.

I highly suspect the latter. I checked the time I received my flag, and it corresponds to the time a specific individual who also details posts theirs.... If this happens again, I think I'm gonna give the other detailers in my area a call and ask if the same has been happening to them...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: getting flagged on craigslist?

Quote Originally Posted by Dugdug View Post
    another detailer is trying to improve their chances of getting calls.

Start flagging every other detailers ad until it stops. If not, they'll make a chump out of you
    “Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

Post Thanks / Like

I think its cause you are making multiple posts. I promoted a business on craigslist as well, I never got flagged but I also only reposted my ad about once a month. I think there are rules about reposting.
    Why was the Energizer Bunny arrested?... He was charged with battery.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post

Start flagging every other detailers ad until it stops. If not, they'll make a chump out of you

Post Thanks / Like

Craigslist is a nasty place. I personaly would never hire anyone advertising there. To me, Craigslist is the perfect place to visit if your looking to get jammed or your throat slashed
    “Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

Post Thanks / Like

Flash, although your point does have some credibility there are also honest decent workers that advertise their businesses on there as well. As the OP stated, its a great place to advertise when you are starting out as its an easy way to reach out and its free to post.
    Why was the Energizer Bunny arrested?... He was charged with battery.

Post Thanks / Like

i have also noticed every time i have posted something for sale someone wants to make a trade that makes no sense whatsoever. At one time I had my 2004 zx-10r for sale and someone wanted to trade their fox body mustang (Show Car) supposedly worth double value of the bike?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jekyl05 View Post
    i have also noticed every time i have posted something for sale someone wants to make a trade that makes no sense whatsoever. At one time I had my 2004 zx-10r for sale and someone wanted to trade their fox body mustang (Show Car) supposedly worth double value of the bike?
    That happens to me too.

As for reporting others go, I don't want to stoop to their level. I wouldn't report 5 innocent people just to make sure I got the one (censored). I will see who's post is staying and who has been disappearing before I go and do something like that.

Post Thanks / Like

we have some clowns around here that flag posts for the hell of it, then brag about it in another post
    In GOD we trust

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tundra_10 View Post
    Flash, although your point does have some credibility there are also honest decent workers that advertise their businesses on there as well. As the OP stated, its a great place to advertise when you are starting out as its an easy way to reach out and its free to post.
    The negative has outweighed the positive on craigslist. I actually just had a conversation with someone about this last night, as I went to someone's house yesterday to purchase a carpet steam cleaner. Since craigslist isn't policed, people get away with a bunch of bs, from posting bogus ads, to robbing and killing folks when they meet up. I'm always nervous when I do business on craigslist.

I have a feeling dugdug's issues is with another dealer flagging his post. I got flagged from a post once. I posted an ad for a custom built pc I built specifically for music production and it was flagged by someone. I could see if I didn't have any software specially for music editing on it, but it did. Any beginner getting into music production would have jumped on it, as I posted it for the low.

Flagging your business, IMO is enough for me to find the other detailer and lump him out (beat his ***). If you reach out to other dealers, you run the risk of asking that person who flags you, but at the same time, you never know what may happen. Do alittle deductive reasoning, like you've been doing, and I think you'll be able to weed out who is doing it.
    Alex
    ...."Do the right thing...even when no one is looking"

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast