autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Thinking about going to V1

For now, I have a 8500x50.

I've been thinking about making a switch to a V1 for awhile, but I think it's now the time.

For those who have V1s, how do you like them? I've heard they go crazy in the city...is this true or is it not that bad?

As well, doesn't the V1 have traffic drone monitoring now? Ohio has them all over the place, and it's getting to the point where the detector is becoming useless. This is all included in the new version too, correct?

I'm thinking of getting rid of the 8500x50 and pulling the trigger soon. I think I can fetch the 8500x50 for around $200, since it is upgraded, serviced and everything. With that being said, I can get a V1 for about $200 or even get a refurb unit from them directly for alittle cheaper. I wanted to go the used market, but with so many versions out there...I figure going the expensive route is the correct way this time.

Any other information is greatly appreciated. Thanks
    2007 BMW Z4M Coupe

2. Thanks Dan Tran thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Thinking about going to V1

I have a V1. Great for radar and completely useless against laser.

Post Thanks / Like

Any detector is completely useless against laser except the ones with shifters because the shifters actually deflect and mess up the speeds which is 100% illegal in any state no matter where you live. Therefore once you are pegged, you're done it doesn't matter. Shifters also don't always work depending on where they hit you at with the laser.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M0nk3y View Post
    For now, I have a 8500x50.

I've been thinking about making a switch to a V1 for awhile, but I think it's now the time.

For those who have V1s, how do you like them? I've heard they go crazy in the city...is this true or is it not that bad?

As well, doesn't the V1 have traffic drone monitoring now? Ohio has them all over the place, and it's getting to the point where the detector is becoming useless. This is all included in the new version too, correct?

I'm thinking of getting rid of the 8500x50 and pulling the trigger soon. I think I can fetch the 8500x50 for around $200, since it is upgraded, serviced and everything. With that being said, I can get a V1 for about $200 or even get a refurb unit from them directly for alittle cheaper. I wanted to go the used market, but with so many versions out there...I figure going the expensive route is the correct way this time.

Any other information is greatly appreciated. Thanks
    I have had a Valentine 1 Radar Detector for about 7 or 8 years now. I absolutely love it. Hands down the best detector on the market. If you turn it to advanced logic on the radar detector it isn't that bad in the city. Like any radar it will have some false readings. The best part about the V1 is the sensitivity is insane. You will have warning long before a trap. Great for when traffic is slow and the cop only takes readings every so often. Also the arrows are invaluable. Once you pass a cop or false reading you will know it because the arrow will show behind you and you can speed again.

I would recommend waiting a month before speeding so you know how it works.

I also have a concealed kit which is great so when the cop pulls you over chances of him seeing it are slim unless they know what they are looking for.

A good addition would a lasar active jammer. The V1 and any detector will only read laser when it hits you which is too late. Sometimes if you are a long ways away you can slow down fast and get lucky. Laser takes a couple readings and long range is slow. But if you are close you will get F-ed every time.

Remember, a cop can keep the radar off and turn it on when you speed by which a radar isn't gonna help. There are other situations as well.

But the times I have gotten a ticket in the past 7-8 years are when I was driving without the V1.

Keep the radar on top middle and keep wires hiden

The concealed display placed near instruments for easy reading

Chances of the cop seeing the radar??? VERY SLIM. Especially since they look at you the whole time

And yes, my truck is in bad shape and desperately needs a detail
    Last edited by toycar18; 12-04-2011 at 05:24 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have had the Valentine 1 for many years. It is the most effective detector I have used (and I have tried most of the major ones beginning with Radio Shack in 1974). Not that I'm saying that RS was ever a major player in the radar detector market just the first I heard of back then. Once Cincinnati Microwave started making devices, there was no contest IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

V1 is hands down the best radar detector I've ever seen or used.

Post Thanks / Like

Still thinking if I want a LIDAR jammer or not. I realize that LIDAR warnings cannot help guys, I've been using my 8500 for the past 4 years.

I'm still considering if I want a Redline or a V1, Right now I have my 8500 hardwired next to my mirror, since the car sits so low and the roof line is weird, I don't think a cop would ever see it.

2007 BMW Z4M Coupe

Post Thanks / Like

No offense but isn't it cheaper and easier to just not speed? If the feeling arises just go to a local track on a test and tune day and get all your willies off there, when you get back on the roads just abide by the laws.

Not trying to thread jack or put anyone down but I just do not understand why you need something to help you detect when a police officer is trying to maintain safety on the streets by minimizing dangerous driving habits.
    Why was the Energizer Bunny arrested?... He was charged with battery.

Post Thanks / Like

Driving fast is a rush and absolutely necessary.

Tracks cost money also.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by toycar18 View Post
    Driving fast is a rush and absolutely necessary.

Tracks cost money also.
    It cost me $5 for unlimited runs on 1 night. Just saying. And when you get somebody hurt from doing something stupid, your life in prison cost a lot more than not speeding.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast