autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: A question for all you gamers.

Xbox 360 (bigger hard drive the better), an extra controller, couple battery packs, Modern Warfare 3, and an HDMI cable if the console doesn't come with one (if he has an HD tv), and an Xbox Live subscription.

And oh yeah...for your own sake, you may want to buy him a headset that has a microphone. Unless you want to hear grenades, guns, and cussing at 3 in the morning, lol.

He'll love you forever. Or atleast until the next Xbox, haha.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rzatch View Post
    He's got Call of Duty Black Ops for the WII but wants a 360. Are they that much different in the way they play or the graphics?
    In my opinion...the Wii is junk. It's far less impressive graphically, and is just a console that Nintendo needs to make a thing of the past.

Nothing compares to Xbox Lives user friendly online play in my opinion. I've had a 360 for years, and have also owned the Playstation 3. I actually got the Playstation 3 for free in a raffle. Come to find out...the thing sucks if you ask me. You need to install games, use a blue tooth, and the online community and interface doesn't match up. I traded it for a scooter, ha.

Long story short...yes, the Wii is FAR different than the 360. There's no comparison. If it's the controller free type of play he wants...then maybe a Kinect is his style? You could think of Kinect as basically what the Wii wanted to accomplish...which is controller free gaming. Might be right up your alley as well...you could both have fun with it for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

That should take care of it. Only thing I see that MAY be an issue...is that there's only 1 month of a Live subscription. So, if you'd rather leave it up to your son to pay for the subscription...then so be it. It's $60 per year.

You don't need to buy it in the store. But, you do need a credit card to sign up, and he MAY ask you for that if he doesn't have a credit card, ha. Just warning you...

To most, including myself...without a Live subscription, the Xbox is useless.

Post Thanks / Like

I can get a $20 discount on the first year with the purchase of a console. After that it's up to him!

Post Thanks / Like

I can get a $20 discount on the first year with the purchase of a console. After that it's up to him!
    There ya go!

Post Thanks / Like

Get PS3. It only does everything and its free to play online.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Runnings View Post
    Get PS3. It only does everything and its free to play online.
    Until Playstation network gets hacked again and it takes another month for them to dump current system and create another. And then the hacker gets all of the credit card numbers. I have a PS3 and 3 Xbox 360s that I have never had a problem with, I just love them that much that I have 3 in different rooms. Xbox 360 > any other system. I've had Xbox live since the first Modern Warfare came out 4 or 5 years ago. And the Modern Warfare 3 bundle that the op has listed is the exact system I was talking about. It is an awesome beginners set up and your son will love it.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the advise guys. I think I will go with the XBox as that is what he has talked about. Sounds sort of like a Ford, Chevy thing on the game consoles.

Post Thanks / Like

Yea hands down what everyone else is saying XBOX 360 with Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3. I'm not what you call a "gamer" but when Call of Duty comes out with a new Modern Warfare I'm all over it. Good Luck man!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast