autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

is this guy serious???

Hey everyone.. im not the most knowledgeable person about detailing but... i was looking into a steamer and found a youtube vid of a cheif steamer or something like that... anyway his vids looked pretty good the steamer looked like it was working great so i checked out his site... his winter wash method was this... (no joke) steam the salt off the car, spray it down with OPC, microfiber wipe.... job complete.... now i ask, am i the moron here??? Just seems like the process could be much better he gets....well is advertised at 499.00 for the detailing class but i have to say, so far i think hes off his rocker... but ik willing to listen and take into consideration what you all think.... plus for 500 clams... i coukd hit detail weekend at AG.... and have money for dinner lol

Post Thanks / Like

Re: is this guy serious???

where's the link? I'd like to see this video.
    Alex
    ...."Do the right thing...even when no one is looking"

Post Thanks / Like

Link....?

Post Thanks / Like

Sry... i stand corrected... its opticlean.... but check it out anyway... still seems strange to me. YouTube - Broadcast Yourself. its called nb 2300 if that link is no good... i got it off my

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Here's my two cents ... Steam is gonna pull your LSP off so that is definitely a no go for me and whatever might be left optyklean will strip as well and if that doesnt do it, the manner in which he dried that car sure will! JackAce!
    I would rather drop a buck at the coin op to spray off as much salt then do a rinse less wash in the garage

Post Thanks / Like

I doubt I would personally try it in the fashion shown in that video...
    I would add a step of rinseless wash to make sure when you aren't "scrubbing" off that final layer of dirt that you aren't just rubbing it into the paint.

Also, the idea of rubbing a microfiber towel against the paint from top of the door panel down to the rocker and back up is something I would not do anyway. You never know what you might get off the door jamb or the rocker and you wouldn't want to risk rubbing it against your upper panel. Even when using a QD to add a little shine after a full washing (not a spray job), I have a 2nd lower grade towel to do the door jambs and trunk/hood jambs and a 3rd towel to do the rockers followed by splash guards.
    M
    2012 Acura TL Graphite Luster 6MT AWD
    2013 Mazda Mazda3 Velocity Red 6MT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crxman2010 View Post
    I doubt I would personally try it in the fashion shown in that video...
    I would add a step of rinseless wash to make sure when you aren't "scrubbing" off that final layer of dirt that you aren't just rubbing it into the paint.

Also, the idea of rubbing a microfiber towel against the paint from top of the door panel down to the rocker and back up is something I would not do anyway. You never know what you might get off the door jamb or the rocker and you wouldn't want to risk rubbing it against your upper panel. Even when using a QD to add a little shine after a full washing (not a spray job), I have a 2nd lower grade towel to do the door jambs and trunk/hood jambs and a 3rd towel to do the rockers followed by splash guards.

Alex
    ...."Do the right thing...even when no one is looking"

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe I would use it for the type of dirty that won't come off with regular pressure washer or where you can't use it like inside doors.... but I would still follow a good tecnic doing a rinseless wash...

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.