autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 69 of 84 FirstFirst ... 19596061626364656667686970717273747576777879 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Kid03 View Post
    That's pretty cool man sounds like you got some cool friends. Now one thing tho is that Morbid Nosferatu?
    Yes. I'm also a big 1930s 1940s movie buff. Although I know Nosferatu was made earlier.

Post Thanks / Like
    My kittens and the mother.

cajundetailingbykevin.com
    vpcajun@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Re: **Random photos of anything... (that YOU have taken)**

Disneyland w/iphone 5

Post Thanks / Like

My Glock 26 and 27
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails **Random photos of anything... (that YOU have taken)**-glock-26-27-mirror-pics-012-jpg  
    2011 Compass Latitude Bright Silver/ 2017 Nissan Rogue SV AWD Premium Glacier White
    REFLECTIVE IMAGE DETAILING

Post Thanks / Like
    A fellow gun nut. ^^^^

Post Thanks / Like

Here's an oldie but a goodie. My bike the day I brought it home;

And here she is a couple weeks ago;

Getting ready for a business trip;

And yes, the bags and tour pak need to be painted. I haven't done it yet though as I'm kind of trying to decide what I want to do. I may add a fairing, and because the bike is two tone and there are only a couple brands who have that Kawasaki paint color (and they want a premium for it), it will be about the same price to paint the entire bike another color as it would be to match the factory paint on just the bags and tour pak. So not sure which route I want to go.

Post Thanks / Like
    Painting this for a Halloween party

**Random photos of anything... (that YOU have taken)**-imageuploadedbyagonline1382591809-482703-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Romans5.8 View Post
    Here's an oldie but a goodie. My bike the day I brought it home;

And here she is a couple weeks ago;

Getting ready for a business trip;

And yes, the bags and tour pak need to be painted. I haven't done it yet though as I'm kind of trying to decide what I want to do. I may add a fairing, and because the bike is two tone and there are only a couple brands who have that Kawasaki paint color (and they want a premium for it), it will be about the same price to paint the entire bike another color as it would be to match the factory paint on just the bags and tour pak. So not sure which route I want to go.
    Who is "They". If I were you I would take off the front fender, go to the nearest automotive paint store (NOT auto parts store) and see how close they can get. I would take your bags and repaint teh black and then highlight a matching design with that light blue and the thinist gold flake pin stripe tape you can get (I painted my helmet and used the same pinstripe) then clear coat over the whole thing a few times to build over the tape) no need to do a full repaint unless you want to goo to something entirely differernt. I plan on repainting my Triump (^^^) from red to emerald/brit Green and im changing the dark silver met to bright silver Heavy met)

You really should see the paint shop. Take all the parts off yourself, do the wet sanding, and ask a shop how much just to shoot it if your not wanting to do the paint yourself. PM me if you want advice on a home paint booth and some cheap guns that are very good.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beamerstrumpet View Post
    Who is "They". If I were you I would take off the front fender, go to the nearest automotive paint store (NOT auto parts store) and see how close they can get. I would take your bags and repaint teh black and then highlight a matching design with that light blue and the thinist gold flake pin stripe tape you can get (I painted my helmet and used the same pinstripe) then clear coat over the whole thing a few times to build over the tape) no need to do a full repaint unless you want to goo to something entirely differernt. I plan on repainting my Triump (^^^) from red to emerald/brit Green and im changing the dark silver met to bright silver Heavy met)

You really should see the paint shop. Take all the parts off yourself, do the wet sanding, and ask a shop how much just to shoot it if your not wanting to do the paint yourself. PM me if you want advice on a home paint booth and some cheap guns that are very good.
    I've been to the paint shops. A couple different ones. They are all telling me the same things, that the Kawasaki cruiser paints are pricey. And, ultimately, even if they weren't, matching a two-tone with pin stripe will run about the same as painting the whole bike a solid color. Got a great, well renowned motorcycle painter in the area who has been doing it for many many years who will do whatever it is I decide to do. He says the same thing. Two tone on the bags and tour pak, or just a solid color (probably a burnt orange) over the entire bike; roughly the same price. He would charge me less to take the parts off and wet sand them myself and just bring him the semi-prepped parts.

Colorrite is the only brand I've found that specifically has that code. I know some shops can shoot and match the paint; guess that's an option. It's a metallic paint though; not sure how accurate they are with getting the metal flake right and stuff. (This is the highest 'trim level' for that bike and it includes a two-tone metallic paint).

Ultimately though, the black doesn't look bad, I don't think. Heck, there were black leather bags on it from the factory. So I think it'll be okay until I decide what I want to do.

Dupli-color has a 'paint shop candy orange' that I'm really tempted to paint the whole bike in;

I'm not really interested in doing it myself. Even with cheap equipment the cost runs awfully close (I did research it at one time) to just having a pro do it, and I won't be painting things very often! (This might be it!).

Might do the above color with some pearl white trim pieces here and there, plus all of the wonderful chrome

Post Thanks / Like
    German machine gun emplacements:

Page 69 of 84 FirstFirst ... 19596061626364656667686970717273747576777879 ... LastLast