autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Post Your Beading Shots!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NJNinja View Post
    I hear you. I was extremely patient with their products. ONR i like. Love the look of HS/OS but they just don't perform well enough in terms of water repellency that I was looking for. Ivan seems OK, but he comes across arrogant at times. I questioned him on graphene and what it is adding to these formulations (specifically McKee's since they went full blown graphene). I said I'm not convinced it adds much to already good existing formulations. He said "that's too bad". Ok ahole. That's not an answer.
    ...and there you have itPost Your Beading Shots!!!️(agree)

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

2. Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Got off work and was greeted by some more beads after some rain

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

4. Thanks CleanIT thanked for this post
    Likes CleanIT, chilly, opie, Bosko, dgage and 4 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SNP209 View Post
    Got off work and was greeted by some more beads after some rain

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
    That is arguably the best water beading picture I've ever seen!

6. Thanks SNP209 thanked for this post
    Likes CleanIT, opie, dgage, Big Dave, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    That is arguably the best water beading picture I've ever seen!

Excellent. Reminds me of the beading I get with DP Need for Bead with the large and TINY beads.
    2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
    1999 Camaro Z28

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JDGolden View Post
    Excellent. Reminds me of the beading I get with DP Need for Bead with the large and TINY beads.
    Yeah there's 3 levels of beading upon further reviewPost Your Beading Shots!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Dr. Beasley’s Paint Hero. Looks promising.

10. Likes Klasse Act, CleanIT, dgage, SNP209, Big Dave and 3 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJNinja View Post
    It rained 28 hours after my application of Can Coat. Was fun watching how fast the water would clear of the surface. 25 mph for Can Coat. The spray sealants I was using it took about 40 mph. Impressive stuff.

None of the previous products I used were bad. They all worked very well. Can Coat though is definitely on a different level though. I've found the Optimum products are the worst beaders of everything I tried (Opti-Seal/Hyper-Seal). Best beading spray was Megs HCD by far. Then Griot's 3 in 1.
    Looks good bro!

You may have found your new muse.

I've been pretty happy with Optimum, but back when I was using Zymol, I used it for the beading. It just didn't last. These coatings deliver. When Turtle Wax Ice Paste first hit the shelves we at the car wash found that it was tough and beaded beautifully. It's raining here in MI, so I just checked out the Opti beads and they just don't deliver what I want to give my customers. I don't trust Opti-Seal, Car Wax, or Hyper Seal to hold up. Duragloss beat the daylights out of them.

I'm starting to shift back to the intense water behavior characteristics. I want my customers to receive that "razzle dazzle" that the more advanced coatings deliver.

This means a whole new round of testing of these coatings, but I'm really liking the CarPro line. I bought Gliss and CQUK 3.0 a year ago and really liked them nowhere near as difficult at the Ceramic Pro or Xpel, but very similar in results. I love CarPro Lite so I already have my replacement for Gloss Coat. As of right now Cquartz UK 3.0 + Gliss is going to be my more "substantial" offering until I test SIC. Then I'll have to see where I go with it.

I remember seeing a pic on this very thread years ago of some incredible beads. I asked the poster what he used and he said Gtechniq EXO. I always remembered that.

12. Thanks CleanIT thanked for this post
    Likes SWETM, CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post
    Looks good bro!

You may have found your new muse.

I've been pretty happy with Optimum, but back when I was using Zymol, I used it for the beading. It just didn't last. These coatings deliver. When Turtle Wax Ice Paste first hit the shelves we at the car wash found that it was tough and beaded beautifully. It's raining here in MI, so I just checked out the Opti beads and they just don't deliver what I want to give my customers. I don't trust Opti-Seal, Car Wax, or Hyper Seal to hold up. Duragloss beat the daylights out of them.

I'm starting to shift back to the intense water behavior characteristics. I want my customers to receive that "razzle dazzle" that the more advanced coatings deliver.

This means a whole new round of testing of these coatings, but I'm really liking the CarPro line. I bought Gliss and CQUK 3.0 a year ago and really liked them nowhere near as difficult at the Ceramic Pro or Xpel, but very similar in results. I love CarPro Lite so I already have my replacement for Gloss Coat. As of right now Cquartz UK 3.0 + Gliss is going to be my more "substantial" offering until I test SIC. Then I'll have to see where I go with it.

I remember seeing a pic on this very thread years ago of some incredible beads. I asked the poster what he used and he said Gtechniq EXO. I always remembered that.
    Can Coat is the first product I've used where I feel settled. Nothing wrong with the previous products I tried, but they weren't quite what I was looking for. One thing about Gyeon I'm finding is there is little fuss with their products. They just work. The only product from Gyeon I did not like was Bathe Essence. Awful soap. Other than that, Ceramic Detailer, Wet Coat, Prep, Interior Detailer and Can Coat all work very well.

I was extremely patient with OS/HS and could never get them to perform. I tried multiple times hoping they would deliver and that it was my prep method that was the problem. They look awesome when applied, but don't last and the water behavior is subpar. Optimum people are claiming HS lasts a year and there is just no way in hell I believe that. More like 3 months.

I'm sure the Opti Coat Pro coatings are among the best but those are untouchable to me. Can Coat is so easy to use, looks fantastic and beads incredibly well. Plus I get to use one of my favorite products (Wet Coat) as a topper now.

14. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Driving in the snow/rain this morningPost Your Beading Shots!!!

16. Likes CleanIT, JDGolden, PaulMys, SWETM, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This is a couple of close ups of the dew microbeads that formed on the Qashqai while it was parked outside over the weekend. Looks a little bit like bubblwrap.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

18. Likes CleanIT, Klasse Act, Bosko, dgage, JDGolden and 5 others liked this post
Page 140 of 176 FirstFirst ... 4090130131132133134135136137138139140141142143144145146147148149150 ... LastLast