autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Secret Santa?

Post Thanks / Like

Secret Santa?

I searched and did not find anything.

Has anyone ever thought of doing a secret Santa? I've done it on a lot of other forums and it's always gone pretty good.

Just a thought.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Secret Santa?

I have never done it on a forum. My wife and I do it every year at our veternarian's office. We pay for a surgery or something for somebody's pet that cannot afford it. It is pretty cool. Of course, now I let the cat out of the bag so to speak.

Post Thanks / Like

I've never done a secret santa type thing on a forum.

The closest I've ever done would be the 12 days of Christmas. Usually for someone who has lost someone close to them in the months leading up to the holidays.

Last year it was a co-worker that had lost her father right before Thanksgiving. I got a bunch of people to chip in money and I went out and bought 12 different gifts. Stuff like body lotions, bath salts, hot chocolate mix and cookie mix, booze, etc. Then each night I'd deliver it to their door and leave. That way they find it in the morning and have no idea who it was.

The last gift is usually the best one and it's delivered on Christmas Eve in person.

With someone like a co-worker it's great cause you see their reactions each day and it gives them something to look forward to each day leading up to Christmas.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SeaJay's View Post
    I've never done a secret santa type thing on a forum.

The closest I've ever done would be the 12 days of Christmas. Usually for someone who has lost someone close to them in the months leading up to the holidays.

Last year it was a co-worker that had lost her father right before Thanksgiving. I got a bunch of people to chip in money and I went out and bought 12 different gifts. Stuff like body lotions, bath salts, hot chocolate mix and cookie mix, booze, etc. Then each night I'd deliver it to their door and leave. That way they find it in the morning and have no idea who it was.

The last gift is usually the best one and it's delivered on Christmas Eve in person.

With someone like a co-worker it's great cause you see their reactions each day and it gives them something to look forward to each day leading up to Christmas.
    Wow, that is really incredible. Almost gives me some hope for the world. Or an idea for a movie script. Is it ok if I get Tom Hanks to play you?

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty cool idea, How did you do it sucessfully, on the other forums? Im sure there would be alot of participation.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Wow, that is really incredible. Almost gives me some hope for the world. Or an idea for a movie script. Is it ok if I get Tom Hanks to play you?
    LOL I'd prefer Brad Pitt...ya know I'm a good looking man here. Got to have someone equally as good looking.

I actually can't take credit for this. My mother started this years ago when her sister's 18 month old daughter drowned in a lake.

We don't do it every year, but whenever someone we know looses someone or has a really rough year we like to bring some joy to them. Holidays are always tough when you have lost someone close and this just kinds of brings a little joy to their life and enables them to focus on something other than their loss.

It's really a great thing and around the holidays I'm always looking to help out where I can. Weather it be just donating some toys for tots, salvation army, or what not.

Post Thanks / Like
    Me and my girlfriend are going to buy gifts for a family that needs them instead of for ourselves this year. My family does it every year, too. Only things I don't have that I want are on here and she doesn't support my detailing addiction haha.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SeaJay's View Post
    LOL I'd prefer Brad Pitt...ya know I'm a good looking man here. Got to have someone equally as good looking.
    Perhaps you haven't heard that Brad Pitt is threatening to retire from acting shortly. Any second choices?

Post Thanks / Like

I have seen SeaJay in person. Lyle Lovett would be a better resemblance. j/k

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Porsche Pilot View Post
    I have seen SeaJay in person. Lyle Lovett would be a better resemblance. j/k
    Do you have a number for his agent? I've got this Secret Santa script idea, where the character, I'll call him SeaJay, is in love with the woman who works in the coffee shop across from where he works (don't want it to be a co-worker, that would be too Herman Cain-ish), who is in an abusive marriage. After years of crying in his coffee over her, her husband dies in a horrible accident (or something). Seajay, whose dreamgirl is now eligible, doesn't want to be seen as taking advantage of her grief, so he is paralyzed, until he comes up with the Secret Santa idea, and on the twelfth day, when he reveals himself, it turns out that all these years she wanted to be with him, too, and they live happily ever after.

I dreamed this idea last December when I fell asleep on the couch while watching the ABC Movie-of-the-Week...

All kidding aside, I meant what I said in my previous post that people doing things like this does give me hope that the world isn't just ruled by greed and avarice.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast